Is One Punch Man good?

• Thread starter Alpha Harry
  • Start date
Alpha Harry

Alpha Harry

:P
Towns Folk
I want to start watching it but I want your opinions first before I waste my time on it

Well... If you are looking for an engaging story with well developed characters, This is not for you. This anime is a parody of superhero stories, like superman. It shows how ridiculous OP main characters are and how just introducing new 'stronger' enemies are kind of stale. On the other hand, it is just fun to watch in a way that it has a bit of humor, great animation, and funny character interactions which is what drive the show so far.

TLDR: Its not engaging but very fun to watch. I'd say yes.

Reactions: Kakea and Marc
I want to start watching it but I want your opinions first before I waste my time on it
It's really good. Watch episode 8 and 9 and you won't be disappointed

Reactions: Kakea
For real! It's really fun to watch, and IMO it leaves the option open to make you think what would you do if were the strongest and how a mindset of a hero SHOULD be.But I could be taking the series to seriously,I know it's supposed to be funny: but I can't help but think there's a message in it!

At first I wasn't wowed by the story and it felt like nothing big was happening really, but after a few episodes it began to get more interesting. The best things about this are the animation of the fights and how epic the fights are, plus it is always great fun to watch - it's a breath of fresh air this season. The last few episodes also have been amazing, I'd say you should watch this.

not really if you are basically looking for a rip off of Dragon Ball Z here you go

Is One Punch Man good? That entirely depends on your feelings toward the premise, which is about a man who is able to defeat any enemy in one punch, do you feel that would become repetitive? What about the rest of the humor in the series, which usually revolves around the main character's deadpan reaction to everything and everyone around him, is that something you'd enjoy? If your answer is a resounding no, then I'm afraid the only reasons to really watch One Punch Man is for the god tier production values and Terrible Tornado's legs , but if the series still interests you after reading this, then by all means, give it a watch.

Personally, the premise doesn't interest me to give it a chance. But if you want to watch it, feel free to.

Personally, the premise doesn't interest me to give it a chance. But if you want to watch it, feel free to.
You're suspose to watch the other heroes, Saitama already is beyond human: it's also about them struggling
to save people! One Punch Man, is looking for a challenge so his story will only have climatic fights(The meteorite and Boris!)

not really if you are basically looking for a rip off of Dragon Ball Z here you go
I thought it was more like a parody, not a rip off?

I heard it was a parody of that type of shows, not to be taken seriously.

Yeah it's a parody! Imagine a normal action anime with the hero being this really simple looking guy who can easily beat everyone who's taking every fight seriously.(The last fight in the 1st seasons exciting and funny!)

Okay, I'll watch this thread as well because I'm nearing the end of Justice League Unlimited and TMNT isn't updating fast enough.

Okay, I'll watch this thread as well because I'm nearing the end of Justice League Unlimited and TMNT isn't updating fast enough.
Aaaaand that's the last of Justice League Unlimited. One Punch Man better be good. :p

oh ok then idk that was what i thought when I saw it

Aaaaand that's the last of Justice League Unlimited. One Punch Man better be good. :p
IT IS!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I don't like about the anime is:it's WAY too short and the lines aren't the same
as the manga in some parts.

IT IS!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I don't like about the anime is:it's WAY too short and the lines aren't the same
as the manga in some parts.
But they're trying to make a second season right? :)

I Hope: Kiss anime hinted to one,I don't if this is a glitch or there is a 2nd season but..... there was a link to episode
13 there! which they said it's not here yet and wait patiently!

I liked it, but I don't completely get the mega hype tbh. I loooooved the humor and I pretty much watched the show purely for the comedy, because I'm totally not an action fan which probably explains why I wasn't as amazed by the show as many other people, but I'd still recommend it, even if it is just for Saitama :p

I really recommend watching the first episode and seeing how it goes, it starts to get really fast paced after a few with the new characters coming in. I loved the anime despite the mixed opinions about it. Its kinda like DBZ with some one like krilllin being the strongest person in the universe

If you read the manga it also has tension and hilarious relief to break it!

Back