Is the Nintendo Switch a "day one" purchase for you?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Is the Nintendo Switch a day one purchase for you?

• Yup! Purchasing that bad boy on day ONE.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Forget purchase on release. Pre-ordering it.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the hype is all about.

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • It's time for me to "switch" to another console.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Are you going to purchase the Nintendo Switch on day one or wait to see what it's all about? Or maybe you might even consider pre-ordering the console when it's up for pre-order.

I don't think I'll get it on day one. I'm most likely going to wait for news about region locking if any.

What about you guys?

The Nintendo Switch seems to be a very interesting console for Nintendo.

I do not quite understand it, but from I can tell, I guess it's a 3DS/Wii U/Tablet crossover that can easily be turned into each other. But what I don't get it how it's going to work.

So, in console form, It can have two joysticks that take the place of the Wii remotes. Underneath those is a controller if players want that instead. Then, if it's supposed to be a handheld, all one has to do it just slide the Wii sticks in, and pull the screen out of the little console. It's also got a standing thing, so I guess it'll be ideal for Youtube or so. I also think that the console charges in the little carrier thing, and that the remotes share battery life with the Switch. I think I got that right?

I don't know much about it, or if I'll get it, but it seems like soon it's a great way to play Wii U games as a handheld, and 3DS games on the big screen.

As much as I absolutely LOVE it, I won't :p

N3DS and Wii U first, once I'm done with them, I'll get a Switch <3

I might consider to pre-order Nintendo Switch whenever it's available, since I'm glad seeing how Nintendo Switch is going so far, and it might be my first console purchase for me as well. Otherwise, I might possibly buy it, even though I'm not sure if it's day-one purchase considering that I'm not sure my city will get one when it arrives yet.

Well even though i would love to get it the first day i need to buy some more wii u games like Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda Twilight princess, Yooshi's Wolly World and some more games that i can't remeber the names of.

Definitely not a day one buy.
I wanna wait till it has a good number of games that catch my eye in order for me to buy it
Plus I don't get stipends till next year so rip day one idea

I think I'm gonna wait till they announce region locking. I mean, come on Nintendo! What was even the purpose of region locking? It just made your systems less fun for everyone! Also, i want to see more upcoming games before I just run out and buy it. I'm just gonna hold off for now. What about you guys?

I've always bought my Nintendo consoles on launch day.

Reactions: Blue Knight
You'll never know. The Nintendo Switch can have no game release like the Wii U. I almost never buy games on the first day. The NS comes out on March, my friend's birthday is on March, and his name is six letters. March is five. 6-5 =1. May is 3 and also my birthday 1+3-1=3. Which means I'm getting the NS on my birthday :p

It looks amazing IMO. But I'll still wait for a price drop, if it turns to be a little expensive. Something like this could change nintendo's sales by x10 the amount Wii U brought in. It really was the right choice. Let's just hope it's powerful enough to withstand all those promised games. NS is gonna be good.

If I had money, why not? Assuming that it gets some good games at launch and third party support looks promising, I'd go for a Switch. I don't have Wii U but do have 3DS and to be honest, I'd like to get a new home console (yes, I know it's a hybrid) and I guess the best way on my part to make sure that Switch keeps getting third party support is to buy the games early on.

Oh and if it's not region locked, I'd buy two. Not really. But that's just my way of saying "God yes, Nintendo, do it!" so I can have cheaper games that I buy from the US and then I can play ALL the games!

Of course, I could just wait a while until after it launches so the games are cheaper anyways and I can have a better view of whether the Switch is likely to succeed but I'd probably buy it by years end if I wasn't that confident in it. Right now though, the hype is real so I'd get it on day one if Nintendo can match that hype.

As much as I absolutely LOVE it, I won't :p

N3DS and Wii U first, once I'm done with them, I'll get a Switch <3
I don't understand you Froyo :hilarious:

Reactions: Blue Knight
I do this every time a new Nintendo console come out wait until Christmas.Why? Well by then Nintendo usually release there usual games(mario kart,Zelda,Kirby,etc.).Nintendo really never did have good launch games(except for SM64 :woot:) I also usually wait for a price drop like I did with the Wii U so I definitely plan to do the same with this one.

There isn't a choice saying "I normally have to wait 3/2 years before geting a new consle" I really hope nintendo don't make the price high ;.; I'll have to wait for next x-mas to get it ;.; I think this will be the next big thing actually, look out smart phones a new challenger approaches.

I think i'll wait and see on this one cause there are always 1st time bugs and stuff to worry about . The games are what is going to sell me on it. If they have games that really interest me then that something that will make me want one. Till then it still so soon to say 100% if i'll be buying one or not . Lets hope that it turns out better then the Wii U even tho I don't think they did that bad of a job for the Wii u.

I first want to read some reviews, wait if there are any glitches/whether it explodes (Samung Galaxy 7 style).

I probably won't get it on day 1, but maybe a week or two after its official release.

Affirmative. The trailer had my utmost interest within the first 30 seconds, lol. Even if the launch line-up of games is below par, I'm still gonna get my hands on a Switch. :jimlad:

I'm planning on getting a Wii U for Christmas (which is good, considering the huuuge amount of multiplayer games) so with that being said I'm not planning on getting one around release. I'll most likely end up getting one a bit later on, after more games are out on it and such.

If there was backwards compatibility with the Wii U onto the Switch I'd most definitely not get a Wii U and get a NS instead, though. :D

Back