Is the same 'A Link to the Past' world a "no no" for you?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We all know that The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will have the same world from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The developers kept this interesting by adding a dark world, or something like that.

The gameplay will also be different, from what I've heard, :nailbiting:

Do you dislike the world from "A Link to the Past"? Are you thinking about skipping the game because of this?

No, not really. I'm still going to get this game since I enjoyed playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past when I was younger.

No, I'm still very much looking forward to this game. Legend of Zelda is one of my favorite franchises, and I've enjoyed every Zelda title I've played.

As the title states, we're taking a link to the past, so why not enjoy what it has to offer?

Its fine, I mean if it is a sequel then it kind of makes sense that it takes place in the same world.

The world is gonna be updated! =D That's enough for me, plus, I wouldn't skip a Zelda game. ;D

Reactions: faustine
I will still play it regardless if it is the same world as A Link to the Past. That is the next game I am getting for the 3DS in fact.

I still want the game, 2nd Zelda game I will buy :p

u4jC2d3B9e-JxNwMsiSQScpmApylnxpK.jpg

I think that since some things in the layout have been altered and we will get new dungeons it should be fine. It is refreshing (pardon my cpontradiction) to see the franchise take some steps back into the nostalgia. I like Link's design and the game seems pretty good so far.

I never finished ALttP, but I think it is one of the most cherished incarnations of Hyrule.

I'm still trying to think if I played the first game. But no, I'm fine playing in this world.

In my opinion, it would probably make it a bit easier to traverse if you know the layout of A link to the Past.

I'm not a fan of the Link to the Past's World but I will still get the game. Can not skip it.

Reactions: HuggableEevee
I'm not a fan of the Link to the Past's World but I will still get the game. Can not skip it.
I understand how you feel.

I'm doing my best to get into Zelda

Nah, I don't mind if it has the same world, I'm still going to get it.

I'm personally glad they did it this way.

With every new Zelda installment it's likely that there are going to be a lot of new consumers playing the franchise for the first time, so doing it this way likely intrigued the new players to go back and play A Link to the Past.

A Link to the Past had always been a game I'd been wanting to play but A Link Between Worlds only made me want to play it more. Really glad I did, too, as it's a great game.

Reactions: faustine
I personally really like both of the worlds . A Link to the Past was one of my favorite Zelda games that I played and the thought of it being polished and new was really something that I liked , and I really happened to like the world . It's really nice for a old world to be revised to be new , it brings back some good memories :D

I think that the same Link to the Past world is just fine, I mean it would be the first time we get a sequel since Majora's Mask. Of course, Zelda doesn't have any real sequels, but you get the point.

I think that A Link between Worlds is a great game even though it is basically the same thing, minus the graphics, and some added storyline. I have played both game just because they were a play on words and because it a Zelda game :D Happy to say both were great, even though I favored A Link to the Past a bit more :p

Back