Homebrew Is there another way to get a ironhax profile w/o tube/ninjahax?

• Thread starter ESP
  • Start date
ESP

ESP

No Limits
Towns Folk
So I had updated my 3DS a few days back but then everything on the Homebrew stopped working. I was told I can run ironhax on 10.2 but I need to put a ironhax profile in the game. I updated YouTube because I had not expected this to happen. Sadly, smea didn't respond to my requests for help so I come here asking.

So I had updated my 3DS a few days back but then everything on the Homebrew stopped working. I was told I can run ironhax on 10.2 but I need to put a ironhax profile in the game. I updated YouTube because I had not expected this to happen. Sadly, smea didn't respond to my requests for help so I come here asking.

Ok some things:
Tubehax was patched 2 weeks ago, browserhax was the replacement but that got patched too.
You can't use homebrew on 10.2 unless you previously had ironhax 2.5 installed on a lower firmware.
You need to have another exploit to install Ironhax.
If you updated Ironhax it can't be used to exploit.

So yeah you're screwed unless you have Cubic Ninja, sorry dude :/

Ok some things:
Tubehax was patched 2 weeks ago, browserhax was the replacement but that got patched too.
You can't use homebrew on 10.2 unless you previously had ironhax 2.5 installed on a lower firmware.
You need to have another exploit to install Ironhax.
If you updated Ironhax it can't be used to exploit.

So yeah you're screwed unless you have Cubic Ninja, sorry dude :/
Oh brother. You know, I really hate smea now for not responding to my requests for help, yet he's mostly responding to trivial talk. I hear Cubic Ninja is really expensive these days.

Oh brother. You know, I really hate smea now for not responding to my requests for help, yet he's mostly responding to trivial talk. I hear Cubic Ninja is really expensive these days.
I don't mean this in a harmful way or anything, but maybe he's had it with people asking him questions that are obvious... (to him).

Cubic Ninja went down for a while because of ironhax, but it recently raised up because of lack of exploits.

I don't mean this in a harmful way or anything, but maybe he's had it with people asking him questions that are obvious... (to him).
He could have at least told me that rather than just ignoring my request. If you're ignoring pleas for help, it just makes you look plain rude.

He could have at least told me that rather than just ignoring my request. If you're ignoring pleas for help, it just makes you look plain rude.
Eh I guess so.

Well, it's not just because the answer to your question was "obvious" (because if you ask, then it means that it was only so obvious for him), it's more than it's one of the many many questions that have an "obvious" answer, so if he answers yours, he has to answers millions of others. And wasting time repeating what is written at other places (even though I agree that information about homebrew could be better done...) doesn't help actually producing solutions (like discovering and a new exploit and writing code for it).

Reactions: Megalegacy98
There's still Ocarina Of Time 3D and Smash Bros. (N3DS-only) who are homebrew entry-points.
From there, you could still try to setup Themehax or Ironhax, according to your liking. Plus, Themehax now got custom themes (thanks to Ninjhax 2.5)

Also, I'm not that sure, but I recall seeing threads (on GBATemp) saying that there was a way to bypass the update nag on the Internet Browser (so, browserhax is (probably) still usable as long as you don't perform System Updates through Internet) with the help of a DNS.

Or, in the worst case, seems like you'll have to wait for another webkit vuln, or another *hax.

The way to bypass the browser nag only worked on New 3DS from what I understood (playing with DNS settings so that it forgets about the update and using the exploit quick enough... which can't be done on the slower Old 3DS).

And Ocarina of Time's hack is a secondary one too, except if I missed big news. It only works if you already have a hax running (or if you have a powersave and find the right savegame to use).

Ah, my bad, I forgot about it. Sorry. Also, I wasn't really aware that bypassing the update nag was N3DS-only. So, I really guess it's a double-miss, then. So, seems like you're stuck for now.

I'm not sure, but you can setup gateway Ultra, and setup an Emunand with a lower version to run any other exploit to set up ironhax

Hope this helps

I'm not sure, but you can setup gateway Ultra, and setup an Emunand with a lower version to run any other exploit to set up ironhax

Hope this helps
I don't care about the exploit anymore.

My 3DS got updated to 10.3, so there's no exploiting for me

My 3DS got updated to 10.3, so there's no exploiting for me
I believe ironhax and ninjahax runs on 10.2 and 10.3. Until smea possibly finds an entryway in a game, the exploit isn't any concern to me.

I only have the patched version of Ironhax and Cubic Ninja isn't for sale near me

What's Nintendo problem, they blocking us from running harmless code, it's not like we running pirated roms

I only have the patched version of Ironhax and Cubic Ninja isn't for sale near me

What's Nintendo problem, they blocking us from running harmless code, it's not like we running pirated roms
And it's fun to use beautifully-made custom themes made by creative people. Even if it does have Halo, Call of Duty, or Akame Ga Kill. Not like they're releasing a bunch of themes I want.

Custom badges too. And programs :p

Nintendo despises any vuln that runs unofficial code, even if it is incapable of piracy soley because it's a vulnerability in the system. It makes sense that they would want to remove it, but that being said it's not really doing that much harm except maybe dampening Nintendo's integrity.

That all said and done though, I wish Nintendo would at least learn from what homebrewers have done and actually put out products that their customers want. *cough*SNES VC*cough*

Reactions: ESP and Hayleia
The new update Nintendo realsed blocked tubehax and ninjhax thats why i haven't updated in forever even though i don't use it that much

Back