Kirby's Air Ride, Yay or Nay

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Before you decide, consider the following. A mario kart game where drifting, item throwing, and braking are used at the same time. You have to use an ITEM to brake, you have to brake when using an item, and you are forced to brake while you drift. Garbage, right? Well, there are also only 9 racecourses, which is exactly 2 1/4 of a mario kart cup. Yippie! The game has no challenge, aside from the fact that you are fighting the controls, rather than the CPU, wow, and you can literally win races by DOING NOTHING. To accelerate, press nothing. To brake, use item, or drift, press A. The gamecube controler has 5 UNUSED BUTTONS, but we have to make this game simplistic, because kids are too stupid to use more than a SINGLE BuTTOn! I think this game is complete garbage, does anyone object, aka on @Asriel 's side, or are you on my side, and why. Also no "kirby is allways good" arguements and you can swap sides at any time.

This is no argument. This, my friend...is a WAR! Look. He missed a lot of certain aspects from the game. First, there's Air Ride mode. Your regular racing game. Sure, only 9 Courses, but there's a ton of vehicles, each having different stats and appearance. Then, there's Top Ride mode. basically, a camera view from the top with short but sweet races on 7 different tracks. Yes, that adds up to 16 tracks, the same amount that Mario Kart: Double Dash!! had. Then, there's City Trial, which is basically the inspiration for Smash Run in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. You have to pick up different stat boosting items, and some special events happen. Like Dyna Blade shows up in the arena and you have to fight it. Or all the stat boosts you get are the same. Also, there's a time attack, free run, and a checklist, kinda like Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the new Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. But this time around, there's 120 challenges for each mode, leaving you with 360 challenges to complete. (Yeah, definitely no challenge in this game) and the whole "2 Buttons" to race thing is a lie. You can use many other buttons for the same function. Like, say you want to use A for the power ups, and R for the boosting. You can do that! So, for anyone that's gonna comment on this thread, think wisely.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I think the game is a fun experience to Kirby fans and it's a good game, it's actually one of my brothers favorite games.

I... Don't see what's the problem here.

It's meant to be a simple game mechanic-wise, yes, you use A for everything, OH GOD HOW AWFUL. But look, if you have actually played the game you would see that this was the right choice.

First, most items are auto use, which means that you won't actually be using them by pressing anything anyway, the few items that actually require input are actually well chosen, because curves and the like are the BEST spots to use them and knock out other players.

Drifting, boosting and braking are in the same boat, curves are the best spots to start braking so you won't clash with the walls, which takes away speed, as well as drifting, to maneuver into a new direction, then boosting to gain speed, all with a single button.

The 9 stages thing? You're only talking about the basic race mode, each stage has hidden passages and the like, so they're not nearly as straightforward as you're making them, plus, gliding, which drastically alters gameplay.

Then there are the achievements, there are hundreds of these.

There are also the other main modes, City Trail, on which Smash Run is based, takes place in a HUGE city with tons of secrets and hidden locations, as well as items and power-ups, not to mention great variety of events.

There's also Top Ride, which is another racing mode with IT'S OWN STAGES SEPARATE FROM THE MAIN MODE.

All in all, It's a simple, but very intuitive game that is simple in concept, but deep in actual execution.

Not to be bragworthy...but...
(Good:3 Bad:1)

Not to be bragworthy...but...
(Good:3 Bad:1)

Lol, it is a pretty good game. My brother loves it a lot...the funny thing is he won't play MK8 with me..

okay first yes this is a war i can agree with that, but can you please post link to this R button usage, it's unheard of as far as i know. 22 vehicles does not provide a saving grace for a terrible game, and who cares if a game is challenging if it is not fun? Nintendo tried to over simplfy the controls. I mean, you can literally win races by doing NOTHING due to bouncing off of everything you hit all the way to the goal. That, is sad. If Mario Galaxy was controlled by wiggling your toes, would it still be a good game? For real, you guys poop your pants over skyward swords motion controls. Finally, if you STILL don't agree with me, just look at this:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/kirby-air-ride
http://www.gamerankings.com/gamecube/589687-kirby-air-ride/index.html
Also your brother is a sad noob pokefreak

Now you're just being rude, and considering you already blew the reviews, out of arguments to use, too xD

You're basically bashing the game because:

A) Simple controls

B)Supposedly few stages (conveniently ignoring all my points)

So, yeah OMG THE GAME IS COMPLETE GARBAGE

okay first yes this is a war i can agree with that, but can you please post link to this R button usage, it's unheard of as far as i know. 22 vehicles does not provide a saving grace for a terrible game, and who cares if a game is challenging if it is not fun? Nintendo tried to over simplfy the controls. I mean, you can literally win races by doing NOTHING due to bouncing off of everything you hit all the way to the goal. That, is sad. If Mario Galaxy was controlled by wiggling your toes, would it still be a good game? For real, you guys poop your pants over skyward swords motion controls. Finally, if you STILL don't agree with me, just look at this:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/kirby-air-ride
http://www.gamerankings.com/gamecube/589687-kirby-air-ride/index.html
Also your brother is a sad noob pokefreak
May I say that my brother is autistic so that is very rude of you, you shouldn't be rude to anyone you don't even know, you don't know how they live every day thinking why was I made this way, how come I'm different, how come I can't be like them, why did he choose me, my brother is my best friend because I'm the only one who understands how he feels, I do not appreciate your attitude just because no one agrees on your opinion.

May I say that my brother is autistic so that is very rude of you, you shouldn't be rude to anyone you don't even know, you don't know how they live every day thinking why was I made this way, how come I'm different, how come I can't be like them, why did he choose me, my brother is my best friend because I'm the only one who understands how he feels, I do not appreciate your attitude just because no one agrees on your opinion.
o_O

Challenging
Also i had no intention of "being rude to anyone and anything no matter what it may happen to be"
My deepest apoligies for that in the very least

Difficulty loses meaning when you don't even put the CPU at a high level .-.

INB4 CPU at level 1 xD

It even says in the description, "So, I tried to see if I could win any races without any controller input at all. CPUs were set to the lowest difficulty"

This topic is fail in so many different ways xD

Umm........Sorry If I caused some trouble. I know, we're arguing about a game that is 13 years old. Everyone has their own opinions, and I respect that! You may think that the game's hold a to win, I think that the game's a fun and unique experience for newcomers to racers. I'm actually a pro at racers and I have a trick time beating the CPU...Even at level 3! Let's let bygones be bygones, OK? Let's just agree that everyone has their own opinion.

Well, it would appear that i have lost, no problem! To be honest, i origanaly wanted this game, but i heard some really bad stuff about this so i was thinking about not getting it. Alas, after hearing you guys, my opinion has completly changed and i will actully due some Ebay research on how to get it for cheap. Not to mention i AM a gamecube collector, so thanks guys, i can't wait to try out my new game once i order it. I will tell you how much i love it when it comes in, and me and my brother are bound to have some fun with this game.

Well I came here hoping for a mature debate about how the game's good or how it struggles, but I instead found the remains of a war-post: the war being People who hate Kirby Air Ride vs everyone else. (That didn't last very long.)

I was taught not to say anything if I can't say anything nice about something. Reviews like these come from the people who weren't taught that. All I can say is "You can't say anything 'till you've been there. You just can't."
Just don't believe everything you read, especially on the internet. "They said it's the worst" is the worst argument. I'd personally deal forty lashes to anyone who uses that argument if I could reach them through the monitor screen.

Well I hope everyone's learned their lessons about insulting games they've never played and the people who play them, right @BlazingPhoenix ?

Reactions: Starry Windy
You're all stupid. Diddy Kong racing is way better

^never played it but I bet it sucks. Even though I've never played it.

Totally crap game xD

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Back