Loss of Data - Not Saving

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Have you ever lost data on a game because you've let your DS run dead without saving? I just lost about 20 minutes of AC time due to this, and it's annoying. I suppose it could be worse, but still.

Have you ever lost data on a game because you've let your DS run dead without saving? I just lost about 20 minutes of AC time due to this, and it's annoying. I suppose it could be worse, but still.

It can be worst. Once upon a time, an actualization error made me format my 3DS...

I was just finished Layton and the Miracle Mask and half way of NSMB2, also loosing my friends list, etc.

It can be worst. Once upon a time, an actualization error made me format my 3DS...

I was just finished Layton and the Miracle Mask and half way of NSMB2, also loosing my friends list, etc.
I'd be so depressed. And here I thought losing several hours of Pokemon game time was bad.

I'd be so depressed. And here I thought losing several hours of Pokemon game time was bad.

Well, that was the first time. I had to format my console 2 times, loosing around 90 hours T_T

Well, that was the first time. I had to format my console 2 times, loosing around 90 hours T_T
What made these errors occur? How do you avoid them?

What made these errors occur? How do you avoid them?

The first one was an actualization error.
The second one was a SD error.
Also, I had a third error, some games didn't show their animations, other didn't appear as downloaded. But I found one way to fix it.

I will make a tutorial next week, for keeping safe the SD.

About the fix, I don't know how to say it, because my knowledge of English is limited.
I will find a way to explain it with photos :p

I didn't have any such errors or losses. Glad I didn't.

I didn't have any such errors or losses. Glad I didn't.

Well, now I careful. I have a better SD card (I was using a 8GB microSD) and also I make backups before updating.

I once lost my save file for Pokemon Black 2 on DS. It was a terrible time for me, fortunately, I had a back up on my PC. So, Suck it stupid battery. :D

I once lost my save file for Pokemon Black 2 on DS. It was a terrible time for me, fortunately, I had a back up on my PC. So, Suck it stupid battery. :D

You can backup DS save data?
(Or it was a R4 ¬¬)

Oh... I see...
But I'm actually writing, not speaking.
Don't Type. :p

Don't Type. :p
I can write with the mouse keyboard...

Back to the topic, something I won't recommend is using microSD cards with SD adapters.
The microSD can overheat, and that can do data losing.

Tales of Phantasia on the GBA. I was getting close to the end when my save got corrupted T.T

I never lost any of my data unless I was defeated in-game and was forced to restart from my last save.
That's really sad. I'd throw my 3DS out a window if I lose all of my saved data today, :bag:

I turn the power off and never save in AC anymore, so I lose data all of the time. :p haha

I never lost any of my data unless I was defeated in-game and was forced to restart from my last save.

That's really sad. I'd throw my 3DS out a window if I lose all of my saved data today, :bag:
Lucky. I always forget to charge my 3DS and I always make it to the charger like 20 seconds to late.

I turn the power off and never save in AC anymore, so I lose data all of the time. :p haha
What's the point in playing the game? 0.0

I have the bad habit of pressing the power button to send my 3DS to sleep, it has become like a reflex so I have been playing on the bus and then sliding my thumb on it. I realize when it becomes unavoidable.

Oh my god I would never do that! Also I have lost 20 hours of save data on Pokemon Emerald when I washed it in the washing machine. My GBA game, not my console. I was so mad :rage:

Back