Mario Kart 64 HD Game Select Screen

• Thread starter Harold1995
  • Start date
Harold1995

Harold1995

~Stardawn~
Towns Folk
I wanted to have some fun and decided to remake the Mario Kart 64 Game Select Screen in HD :D
The Background Image, Font & the Character heads are not mine.,... The rest is! :3
Also I need to put numbers before P Game. :p
Here it is:

Original:

50474-mario-kart-64-nintendo-64-screenshot-game-select-screens.jpg

HD Version:

aF1e5uc.jpg

Original:

MK64_Character_Select.jpg

HD Version:
7xrkn5y.jpg

Origional:

mk64_map_select_luigi_raceway_us.jpg

HD Version:

dWAZCXT.jpg

I'm Curious of your feedback! Lemme know what i can improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supergamer and Rockback
That's awesome! That's what it should look like on the Wii U xD An HD fan remake of Super Mario 64 is in the works also, so I'm really happy to see these games getting redone (I know this isn't actually being redone but if it was, I would want it to look exactly like your picture :3).

Reactions: Harold1995
Looks pretty cool to me! I would definitely love the Mario Kart 64 Game Select Screen to look like that! As for improvements, maybe make the VS on the far right have the same purple shadow as the other selection fonts. Other than that, it looks great! :thumbsup:

Looks pretty cool to me! I would definitely love the Mario Kart 64 Game Select Screen to look like that! As for improvements, maybe make the VS on the far right have the same purple shadow as the other selection fonts. Other than that, it looks great! :thumbsup:

Ayee Thank you i completely oversaw the VS on the right :D
Much Apprieciated!!~

Yeah it looks really good and redone in a very cool way . I like to see these old games being redone and are getting redone because it really brings back memories of when they were first released . Also I would really enjoy this game because the graphics were well done ! ;) . It is great and Just like Zelda: Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time , they will hopefully remake these games because they were awesome

Yeah it looks really good and redone in a very cool way . I like to see these old games being redone and are getting redone because it really brings back memories of when they were first released . Also I would really enjoy this game because the graphics were well done ! ;) . It is great and Just like Zelda: Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time , they will hopefully remake these games because they were awesome
Thanks :33 If only i was better at 3D objects making and Coding ^.^

Thanks :33 If only i was better at 3D objects making and Coding ^.^
Hehe for that I don't even know where to start ;)

First of all, it didn't need improvement, is good the way it is. I wish they could actually do what you did and make everything new and HD. I'd buy it if they'd make it. It'd be really fun, and nostalgic, well, at least for me it would. Over all though, you did a pretty amazing job on making it and improved, also I have an idea, you could use what you made and create your own game.

First of all, it didn't need improvement, is good the way it is. I wish they could actually do what you did and make everything new and HD. I'd buy it if they'd make it. It'd be really fun, and nostalgic, well, at least for me it would. Over all though, you did a pretty amazing job on making it and improved, also I have an idea, you could use what you made and create your own game.

I'd love to remake this game :3 Altough i dont have the required coding and 3D skillz to pull this off on my own :O!
It be a great remkae tho :D Thank you~

wow, it's pretty amazing! I want to see videos! Can I play with Daisy? haha

wow, it's pretty amazing! I want to see videos! Can I play with Daisy? haha
Thank you haha, xD it's just a non functoning game select screen tho :p Notings moving yet! Would be fun to play with Daisy :O

Reactions: Rockback
Thank you haha, xD it's just a non functoning game select screen tho :p Notings moving yet! Would be fun to play with Daisy :O

Yeah, she's my favorite! xD

Wow! That is really cool. But still, graphics are obviously really horrible. I hated rainbow road on there, so plain and bland. Wii u version is 10 million times better.

Totally better i think you should be a game designer or something or they should do a reamake of this game with this idea.Totally like the new idea and thanks for bringing back the memories of the game of which i played as a child.

Totally better i think you should be a game designer or something or they should do a reamake of this game with this idea.Totally like the new idea and thanks for bringing back the memories of the game of which i played as a child.

Haha thank you very much!!~ I like how i beat you to it though :3
I am currently trying to get a team together and making some models myself!

Check it out here: http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1424405956/0

If you could help in anyway please do so ^.^ it will be much appreciated!!

Looks preety cute and cool but sorry to say this but i feel as if u have replaced just some things and made the others more clearer yeah but i guess thats it :)

Looks neat.:)

looks great. but why not redo the background as well. instead of taking it off mario kart 8. try doing the background designs for the select screen in hd as well

i also took a look at peachs castle. great work so far on it. i relize that your not done with it but dont forget to add the water fall and lake. as well as the ability to drive up to the castle. they left that out of the mario kart 8 peach castle remake track and i was very disapointed

Last edited by a moderator:
i also took a look at peachs castle. great work so far on it. i relize that your not done with it but dont forget to add the water fall and lake. as well as the ability to drive up to the castle. they left that out of the mario kart 8 peach castle remake track and i was very disapointed

Actually the background and the characters are placeholders for now!, once i get far enough i will do this much better with the resources i got :3 as for the peach's castle no idea what you are talking about, xD another team is working on the Super Mario 64 remake :D And i will defnetly make it so you can drive up to the castle in royal raceway.. I didn't like that they blocked that in MK8 either :(

But for now i am remaking moo moo farm, Wich is the first!
Take a look at it so far: https://sketchfab.com/models/ed4c97ce4b5a4a1e993023ce3cb906b8#share

ok then that might be a diffrent thing. on the website you put i looked at peachs castle and it didnt look that bad. wasnt sure if that was or wasnt for peachs raceway. but great job overall with the select screen. and im glad someones decided to remake mario kart 64 with hd graphics. and moo moo farm looks pretty sweet. 1 thing i really want to know is if this is just a redisign project. or if it will be an actual game you can play. and if so please dont make it some cruddy indie type crap game. please put alot of effort into it that makes the gameplay alot better then most indie games today.

Back