1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Mario Kart Mario kart 8 deluxe differences ?

Discussion in 'Mario and Mario Kart' started by Kadaj, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Kadaj

Kadaj Boundary Breaker JENOVA Last Remnant

Play Coins:
    218 coins
    Ive been thinking of getting mario kart 8 deluxe with my switch when i purchase, but already have the wii u mario kart 8 and wondered what the differences are between the two. Just don't wanna buy something too much like what i already have (unless its a game im seriously crazy about lol), so if anyone has it maybe you could spot the differences for me ? Thanks !
  2. MegaStriker

MegaStriker Pokemon Master Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    9 coins
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has more characters, such as Bowser Jr., King Boo, and INKLINGS!!! It even comes with the DLC from the Wii U version already unlocked. There are also new modes to play in Battle, such as Renegade Roundup ( I think that's what it's called ), which is in a Cops and Robbers kind of style. It's also portable.
  3. Aura Knight

Aura Knight Captain of the S.S. Clark

Play Coins:
    139 coins
    It's kinda like they put all the DLC in and some extra.
  4. Marc

Marc Until We Go Down Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,517 coins
  5. Kadaj

Play Coins:
    218 coins
    Marc likes this.
  6. swagmastersans21

swagmastersans21 NintenPedia Member Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    3 coins
    They basically gave us all dlc free in one game with i love cause who wants to spend money on dlc when you can get it for free.
  7. Nessboy12

Nessboy12 The Melee diehard. Sucks at smash 4 tho ;) Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    18 coins
    Yea, they added more content and a functional battle mode. However, if you were aware of the firehopping technique present in mk8 wii u, it was patched. I personally hate this.
  8. Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    354 coins
    Main differences from what I can tell:
    -Faster loading times
    -Better resolution (Wii U had 720p while Switch has 1080p) (Switch will revert to 720p when in handheld form)
    -Framerate increased from the really weird 59fps to nice, smooth 60fps-
    -DLC included
    -Everything unlocked from the beginning (except car part and a character)
    -You can now switch cars when in online lobby's (in all previous online mario karts, you had to disconnect in order to change your kart)
    -Fire hopping removed (a technique used in the Wii U version to increase boost times by exploiting mechanics)
    -Third tier of boost added (blue, orange, purple)
    -Can now use double items and hold two items at once
    -Dry Bones, King Boo and Bowser Jr added
    -Inklings added
    -Battle tracks removed
    -Battle courses added
    -four battle modes added
    -Boo item added
    -feather item added but battle mode exclusive
    -Tutorial section which explains a lot of things
    -New alternate title screens after starring everything
    -200cc time trials added
    Kadaj likes this.
  9. Kadaj

Play Coins:
    218 coins
    sounds awesome so far, but what do you mean by battle tracks, i thought those and courses meant the same thing so im confused ? other than that i like the sounds so far, just gotta save enough and will wait a while just to smart since theres a smash bros coming which i'll want way more and/or to get first. might end up getting this after that, dont know yet but i plan on getting both at some point
  10. Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    354 coins
    Basically, they took race tracks, such as moo moo meadows, and made you battle on them.
    Only 8 were available and some had to be altered.
    It was probably a good idea on paper, but terrible when put into practice.
    Kadaj likes this.
  11. Kadaj

Play Coins:
    218 coins
    ohh i get it, i remember seeing that in mario kart 8 actually. it made battle mode feel pretty awkward, and sometimes felt more like a race to run the course backwards. i personally think battle mode in mario kart wii was better in this part of the game since the courses werent just cut and paste from the racing tracks (im pretty certain this is basically what battle mode stages were in mario kart 8), and also more ideal for the goals set in this section of the games. mario kart 8 battle maps were too big and a bit weird, i agree