Mario Kart Mario Kart goes mobile soon in Mario Kart Tour!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
We just had a word from Nintendo of America in Twitter, that Mario Kart mobile game is on development, and will coming under the name of Mario Kart Tour. I'm not sure when exact date will they release it, but it's stated to be released in fiscal year that ends in March 2019.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/958876622517452801

What do you think about this?

Reactions: Marc
I'm curious how they'll do things. Would it be like a normal Mario Kart game or would they dumb it down like Super Mario Run...

But this was the last game I'd expect them to bring to mobile :monkey:

I heard this news as well! I'm really excited. I'm not sure how the format will work on mobile but if they do it right, it will definitely be an excellent app. I mean I can play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the go already with the Switch but I'm not dragging my Switch everywhere I go, so having it on my phone would be really cool.

This sounds absolutely amazing! Although, like @Marc said, I'm a little worried that it won't be like a real Mario Kart game. Well, still very excited!

It most certainly will not be a normal MK game. It's just gonna have micro-transactions thrown at you all the time, and probably gonna be slightly expensive like the other Nintendo games. I would personally prefer a new MK game to come out on the switch, not just a glorified port of the Wii U game.

I'm not one for mobile games so I'm gonna miss this one unless it something completely different and not micro-transaction heavy.

I think this is pretty cool because nintendo is showing off what it is made of, It is really a good move to atract new players to one of nintendo´s most iconic franchises. Now I wonder what changes are they going to make because if I think of mario kart I usually associate it to local fun play, I do not think they could possibly do such a thing with a mobile device.

Like @SkyHuntress said it’s probably going to have micro transactions so you would probably have to pay for new characters, new carts and most likely the full game. But we don’t have a trailer or gameplay photo/video of anything. I’m guessing the controls might use buttons and a joystick.

Reactions: 28142
Yikes. I'm already trying not to max out my storage as it is.

I think everyone here is wrong and will be suprised at what they see on it at e3. There will probably be an focus on multiplayer racing as its the reason people love mario kart and without it people will be wishing it were there.

The game launches on September 25th, 2019.

Edit: We got a gameplay trailer too:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Samster
They not only added Waluigi Pinball and SNES Rainbow Road, but they even reintroduced some of the items from MKDD?

11/10 game of the year

They released another trailer:

The controls... jesus christ, they're weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marc
I heard very bad things about the controls from beta testers, but I'm hoping Ninty took criticism seriously with the problems they had. Cautiously optimistic at this point.

Reactions: TerraKnight and AricAttack
Why was it postponed? @Starry Windy said it was going to be released earlier this year in March 2019. It's now going to be released next month in September. What happened?

Why was it postponed? @Starry Windy said it was going to be released earlier this year in March 2019. It's now going to be released next month in September. What happened?
Part of it could be that the beta was received very poorly. Maybe they're taking time to make it better based off of criticism? But yeah, it does seem weird how long it took them to finally get a release date. It sounds like this game really needed time to get more development.

Reactions: Starry Windy
Someone I know told me this was gonna be a thing soon, and I was like :D
because my current location won't let me port-forward, but for some reason allows mobile game multiplayer through. So maybe I can finally play Mario Kart with her??

also what's with all these strange new items? They look fun but like wow did they get ambitious. >w<;

also what's with all these strange new items? They look fun but like wow did they get ambitious. >w<;
Not really. They've been in Double Dash!! (the Bowser Shell, Giant Banana, Heart, and Egg) like @James said and I'm guessing each character has a special power up by the looks of it. I'd like to see the new characters special items tbh.

Nintendo keeps finding these weird ways to do Double Dash things without actually remaking Double Dash. The double item slots in MK8D, and now the character-specific special items in Tour. Being a Double Dash fan must be really difficult right now, the way Nintendo seems to tease the return of MKDD without actually making MKDD.

Looks like they're adding Luigi in the game :eyes:

Reactions: AricAttack
Took 'em long enough!

This looks pretty fascinating so far; I wonder if they might take a similar approach to Pocket Camp.

Back