Ev's: 252 Speed/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
Iv's: 31 Speed, 30 Atk, 28 Hp
Ability: Tough Claws
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Flare Blitz
Focus Punch

is a good set up for this Charizard as a Sweep??

I'd use Earthquake over Focus Punch because you'll flinch if the opponent uses an attack and you're not behind a sub.

Reactions: FirstSerpent and BjFauble
See the thing is Earthquake is a special atk witch won't go well... I think a Move like Thunder Punch would go very well... to combat those Fairy Tanks

I agree that focus punch should be replaced, iron tail perhaps? It can kill rocks and fairies. I'm not sure if charizard can learn iron tail tho.

actually Iron Tail is a great idea... but i'm definitely taking out Focus Punch...

Earthquake is better than Iron Tail imo. Iron Tail doesn't have 100% accuracy and Earthquake offers coverage against quite a few types like Electric

but as i said above Charizard X is A Physical, and Earthquake is a Special Move it can't sweep that fast with this specific charizard

but as i said above Charizard X is A Physical, and Earthquake is a Special Move it can't sweep that fast with this specific charizard
Earthquake is Physical.

ok so this is what did earlier i went on pokemon showdown challenged a random 1v1 using the Charizard above with Iron Tail, i won 6 out of 10... now im going to make the same charizard and replace iron tail with Earthquake... thts how i'll decide...

ok so this is what did earlier i went on pokemon showdown challenged a random 1v1 using the Charizard above with Iron Tail, i won 6 out of 10... now im going to make the same charizard and replace iron tail with Earthquake... thts how i'll decide...
not exactly the best strategy given there's variability in terms of the expertise of the people you're going up against.

but tht depends on ur online rank i get matched up with good people

not exactly the best strategy given there's variability in terms of the expertise of the people you're going up against.
The thing about pokemon is that there is always going to be a team that can have an advantage over yours. Yeah there really isn't a set in stone effective moveset, but it's more like, what moves do you feel confident with the most.

Earthquake is the best use it and your victory will be guaranteed

Earthquake is the best use it and your victory will be guaranteed
um, not necessarily. Levitate/Flying type pokemon laugh at Earthquake.

But if you think logically every ground type pokemon can learn a rock tm and with the tm smack down you could crush pokemon using fly so back to you my friend.....

But if you think logically every ground type pokemon can learn a rock tm and with the tm smack down you could crush pokemon using fly so back to you my friend.....
that's completely irrelevant to what we're discussing. You're discussing the use of Earthquake on a Mega Charizard X, and Earthquake isn't really super-effective on ground type (in fact, Charizard doesn't even get STAB from it). Plus, Charizard X isn't even flying type. Your argument is terribly flawed.

don't argue you wont win dude:cry:

No Offense to michima but naagza has a point

That is a good setup for sweeping, except for the Focus punch problem, like people mentioned above. You should replace Focus punch with a move like Dragon claw. I just checked on Bulbapedia, and I disagree with people that Mega Charizard X is a physical attacker. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(Pokémon)
If you visit that link and scroll down to the stats of Charizard X, you will see that it has the same stats in Physical and Special Attack.

yeah focus punch is useless - you should but earthquake instead of focus miss :p but other then that this charizard is a sweeper on the streets sweeping tha pokemon

Back