MH 1, 2, 3 ultimate or 4 ultimate?

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
So I have never played a monster hunter game in my life, and i consider myself quite the hardcore collector (won fire emblem path of radiance for $95 on ebay, free shipping) and i wanted to start the monster hunter series, so what game should i start with. I own a PS2, a 3DS, and a WiiU, meaning i can get 1&2 for the PS2, 3 U for the 3ds or wiiu, and 4 for the 3ds. Before you vote, is monster hunter 4 ultimate new nintendo 3ds exclusive, and if i get 3U on the wiiU or 3DS. Finally, dont vote for 3 and 4 simply because they are newer, and vice versa. Thank you for your time.

MH4U is not a NN3DS exclusive, I have played it on my N3DSXL full game perfectly fine, and I would suggest starting with 3U or 4U.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Ok, I vote MH4U simply because it's the game i started out on. Oh, furno beat me to it. but yea, i was going to say pretty much exactly what he said.^

4U is the most welcoming for new players. So if you start with this one, it will be easier for you to get at the older games, since you'll understand the mechanics a bit better.

Reactions: Troy21 and BlazingPhoenix
What she said 2^

^what he said 3, thanks guys!

Reactions: Troy21
Lol, np

That being said, since you're a collector, if you do end up getting 3U, get it on Wii U because it has online and better controls. (And is in HD)

Oh yes, on the 3ds 3U cant use the internet.

Oh yes, on the 3ds 3U cant use the internet.
So MH 3U wiiu and MH 4 are the only ones with internet?

MH4 is Japan exclusive, but yeah MH3U Wii U and MH4U.

So MH 3U wiiu and MH 4 are the only ones with internet?
For the consoles you have, yes.

You'll find the earlier ones much more difficult to get into.

Well some, and if probably most of the weapon mechanics are different. For instance in 4 Ultimate the great sword had a charging animation while you strike dealing more damage if you land one of the combos, yet some of the older games did not have that. In 3 Ultimate there was a mechanic where you can swim, it was great on paper but not on field, they tried to make the game more interesting yet in my opinion failed. Like the many others here, I would just direct you to monster hunter 4 ultimate.

Reactions: 25110
I didn't have any problems with the swimming mechanic in 3U but yeah, I'd say 4U is better all around than 3U. Don't ask me about 1 or 2, I've never played them.

If you want to rage quit from getting killed for the slightest mistake, then go with 1 :p

Reactions: SoProHunter and BlazingPhoenix
3G all the way

Have you even played 3G? xD
I've played the demo. Does that count XD

Back