MH4U Demo Impressions

• Thread starter Iridium Winter
  • Start date
Iridium Winter

Iridium Winter

The Competent Ranger
Banned User
So for those of you who have played the demo, what did you think?

I really liked the new weapons and the online play is fun. About the weapons, though, I found both fun to play, and while Insect Glaive is my new favorite weapon, Charge Blade is really useful, too. I guess my only problem with the demo is that Insect Glaive is kinda OP, especially agaisnt Tetsucabra, because you can get a LOT of mounts. Gore isn't nearly as bad, thankfully, and he is actually pretty challenging, especially in his true rage mode. Great Jaggi is... well... Great Jaggi xD. The maps were amazing, too. I liked Ancestral Steppe (the map with G. Jaggi and Gore Magala) better, to be honest, but I like how the Tetsucabra map is underground.

Well, it has been really great, though I found the game to have one fatal flaw: the camera.
I can't play and handle the camera at the same time. I loved the controls, but the camera stills feels hard to control, and I can't afford a CPP XL for now, so, it's a bit odd.
But I still enjoyed the demo. Graphics are nice, and controls are easy to get used to.
(Though it suffers the SSB syndrome: When you leave the demo, the console must restart because the CPU is used intensively)

I'm new to the Monster Hunter Games but I was amazed at the graphics and hunters as well as the weapons that they use,the enemies which are the monsters were really hard to take down and the demo was good for me overall seeing that it is the first monster hunter game I played.

Well, it has been really great, though I found the game to have one fatal flaw: the camera.
I can't play and handle the camera at the same time. I loved the controls, but the camera stills feels hard to control, and I can't afford a CPP XL for now, so, it's a bit odd.
But I still enjoyed the demo. Graphics are nice, and controls are easy to get used to.
(Though it suffers the SSB syndrome: When you leave the demo, the console must restart because the CPU is used intensively)
Does the ssb syndrome ever happen if you download the full game from the eshop or other full games?

Does the ssb syndrome ever happen if you download the full game from the eshop or other full games?

Nah, the SSB syndrome happens on SSB and MH4U (demo, maybe full game too) for now. It happens when the console's hardware is fully exploited, and doesn't allow you to access Internet or Miiverse, and needs to reboot when you exit the game.

It doesn't happen on other games, just on the ones that exploit the console fully.

This is probably because I started out on the 3DS for 3U, but I got used to the touch controls and don't really have a problem with handling the camera on the 3DS. I also like how the camera is fluid instead of snapping whenever you lmove it up or down.

Also, SSB Syndrome should go away if you end up using a N3DS.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Also, SSB Syndrome should go away if you end up using a N3DS.
Not gonna happen. I'm not going to touch this thing unless Ninty makes a smart move towards 3DS(XL)/2DS owners.

I don't know what Syndrome you are talking about, I've never seen this and played both demos you mentioned? I almost never reboot my console either =/

I don't know what Syndrome you are talking about, I've never seen this and played both demos you mentioned? I almost never reboot my console either =/

I said syndrome, but well, it was just joking. It only happens with MH4U (demo) and SSB4 (demo + full game). If your console doesn't reboot, either it's a N3DS, either something is wrong.

I don't own a N3DS and never seen this before o_O Well, that's weird, I guess I'm lucky?

Not gonna happen. I'm not going to touch this thing unless Ninty makes a smart move towards 3DS(XL)/2DS owners.
The N3DS part or the Syndrome going away? Cause I've seen people use the Image Share while playing SSB4 on their N3DS before.

Does anybody know if the demo reached America? If it did, would any of you send me a downloadable code so I can try this one out together with some of you? I would really like to try it out, the matter is that I own an American 3ds, that's why I asked about it first.

Does anybody know if the demo reached America? If it did, would any of you send me a downloadable code so I can try this one out together with some of you? I would really like to try it out, the matter is that I own an American 3ds, that's why I asked about it first.
It did reach the US, unfortunately, though, I don't have an extra code.

The N3DS part or the Syndrome going away? Cause I've seen people use the Image Share while playing SSB4 on their N3DS before.
The N3DS supports it because it has a better hardware, so, yes, if you have one, the "syndrome" goes away.
I don't own a N3DS and never seen this before o_O Well, that's weird, I guess I'm lucky?
Yup, seems weird, since when you exit the demo or SSB4, you get a "Please Wait..." message, and the console reboots.

That was one sick demo, I loved playing as the long sword since he was quick and his weapon is quite heavy I guess. :D I also liked the sword and shield until I noticed that the attack is quite weak but effective since it's mainly fast. :p I liked the switch blade, though I wish I could use the things that I collect from the behemoths. :(

The demo was freakin awesome. Though I don't like how it takes long to boot up and close. Still not buying an N3DS for now though.

Anyone noticed the monster intros in the demo is way more HD than it was on MH3U? It looked so cool.

Reactions: Derplink_:3
The demo was freakin awesome. Though I don't like how it takes long to boot up and close. Still not buying an N3DS for now though.

Anyone noticed the monster intros in the demo is way more HD than it was on MH3U? It looked so cool.
Yep. And seems like they disabled the V-Sync for the intros, because it looks like as if the console was over the 60fps limit during the intros. But that might be just me.

The N3DS supports it because it has a better hardware, so, yes, if you have one, the "syndrome" goes away.
Just makin sure that's what you meant xD

That was one sick demo, I loved playing as the long sword since he was quick and his weapon is quite heavy I guess. :D I also liked the sword and shield until I noticed that the attack is quite weak but effective since it's mainly fast. :p I liked the switch blade, though I wish I could use the things that I collect from the behemoths. :(
Well, they don't wanna put EVERYTHING in the demo :p

Just makin sure that's what you meant xD

Well, they don't wanna put EVERYTHING in the demo :p
Though I wish they added a bit more to the demo, but I guess it's enough to keep me waiting. :D

Though I wish they added a bit more to the demo, but I guess it's enough to keep me waiting. :D
At least it's bigger than the 3U demo xD

Back