• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date

Do You Think It Will Happen?

• Total voters
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
It Seems Possible. With Wii U Getting Minecraft I think that 3ds Could Have A Chance but I think it might not be possible. My Reason Why is that the limitations of the 3Ds Might Just Be The Bane Of Minecraft 3ds. But, If it could be possible it could have exclusive features like the bottom screen being a Map if you have a map, Exclusive Texture Pack, Exclusive Skins, etc. It Could be its own version, Like MINECRAFT: 3DS Edition.
Those Are my thoughts on this. What are yours?

There's a copy of Minecraft for the 3DS system, but I don't remember its name. Starting from there, I think a Minecraft game could be adapted for the 3DS, but in my honest opinion, I don't think the developers of the game would bother to make a 3DS edition because of a lot of facts: marketing and gameplay just for mentioning some.
Anyway, It'd be great if they made a 3DS edition, I love this game!

I wouldn't think that the 3DS would be capable of handling every single feature that Minecraft has, which will limit the gameplay and therefore not so good. Minecraft on the Wii U made much more sense and there's already some clones on the 3ds too :p ( @manugutir I think one was Cube Creator 3D :) )

Reactions: Bagel
( @manugutir I think one was Cube Creator 3D :) )
Yes, you're right! That was the game I had in mind lol. It's not a good game though, in my opinion :p

Yes, you're right! That was the game I had in mind lol. It's not a good game though, in my opinion :p
I've tried the demo but then after some minutes I got bored :p It does decent as a clone imo.

There is also Terraria which I guess is kinda like Minecraft?

I wish it could happen, But theres so many clones of minecraft on the 3ds eshop i think there not gonna tbh, Terraria is not much like minecraft tbh, Only same thing is theres survival and you gotta fight and build to survive the days.
But, As i said, Theres so many clones i honestly dont think they would bother, And what version would it be?
Maybe like pocket edition?

If this ever happened, no doubt it would be a N3DS exclusive just because It's more powerful and would be able to withstand the game better. The 3ds version of minecraft could be very similar to the pocket version; it'd just need a few adjustments to work with the touchscreen, which would likely be the hotbar/item selection as well as an options menu.

I really think it should happen. It will have really easy controls. Has anyone ever wondered what minecraft 3ds will look like as a split screen. Maybe it will have the game on the top screen, and the crafting table and inventory on the bottom screen. If that is so, i believe Nintendo's profits will go up, and that lots of people would like to play it. That is my opinion though.

No thanks mate. I think if they made minecraft for the 3DS it would fail pretty badly. The only reason minecraft worked for the wii u is because the wii u has a powerful engine, the 3ds does not. If they made a 3ds port they would probably dumb it down and take away the total freeness the other versions give you.

Reactions: Mikaya
Oh snap, if Minecraft for the 3DS was made then it should be compatible with the circle pad pro for the new Nintendo 3DS XL.

I don't think it's a good idea. It will be like the pocket edition of the mobile phones, but it will be not that comfortable. Also, the 3DS are not strong like the Wii U, so it will probably fail.

A PC from the NASA can barely run Minecraft... Imagine the 3DS, that gets laggy if there are more than 5 Pokémon at the same time in the screen.

We have Cube Creator tho (is not really that good imo)

It feels like Minecraft is trying to get as many ports as possible!
I'll honestly stick with the best one: The PC Version.
I guess a lot of kids may get excited over having Minecraft on their 3DS.
They could play it all day and then play Minecraft on their XBox or Playstation and maybe check their phones and play a little Minecraft on that and then settle down at night for some Minecraft on PC.
That's a lot of Minecraft!

Eh... I don't really think it could happen. The 3DS just doesn't have enough processing power to run the game. I don't even think that the New 3DS would be capable of doing so. It may not look like it, but Minecraft is a very processing heavy game. I could definitely see Minecraft hitting the next Nintendo handheld though! It'd benefit both Nintendo and Microsoft if you think about it, 3rd party support + profits for both ends of the deal!

I wouldn't really want this on a normal 3DS because it would be a real pain playing it without a c-stick ;-;

N3ds tho. I think it would be a pretty good idea for that console. They would probably implement the same way because the Wii U is a literally an oversized, upgraded 3ds :p It'd be interesting tho, I would definitely considre buying it if it came out. :3

Not gonna happen, the 3ds nor the new 3ds is powerful enough to run minecraft. It would be great, but take a glance at the crappy cube creator and it is pretty obvious it would not happen. Come on, you can simply buy the pocket edition on your phone or tablet!

I dont think that it would be worth it to have Minecraft on 3ds as there are already a bunch on clones on the eshop, and I dont think that the 3ds could handle all of Minecraft especially the multiplayer parts. Maybe on the New 3DS, but I kinda dont think that it will come out, it may though.

Minecraft can be done on 3DS and with infinite worlds Homebrew proved that .. It's the devs that decide weather they want to make it ... Infinite worlds could of been done on WiiU and that has been proven by a not yet released game UCraft ..

3DSCraft
http://smealum.github.io/3dscraft/

Ucraft proof infinite worlds can be done :

Let's hope if and when a port comes it's not restricted like the WiiU but sadly with the NX coming in 2017 I see no hope ..

I hope it happens because they could do some awesome stuff with the 3D

Back