Minecraft: Story Mode is coming to Wii U!

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
TheYESDragon

TheYESDragon

Find Your Warrior
Towns Folk
Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/minecraft_story_mode_is_heading_to_wii_u

Minecraft: Story Mode is an episodic narrative-driven take on the sandbox game that's being developed by Telltale Games, the masters of story-telling that have delivered titles such as The Walking Dead. With the first episode due by the end of the year, it's been confirmed to The Verge that the title is coming to Wii U, making it the first game in the franchise to come to Nintendo hardware.

So you would think that Minecraft, the actual game itself, would come to Wii U as well soon. Either way, this could sell quite a lot for Wii U if done right. Nice to see more third-party support.

Reactions: Marc
Yummy source

I saw on miiverse there was a Minecraft story mode!? I thought at first this was a mod some fans made, but I kept seeing more post saying: It's like a story fans made.Then I saw another post saying it was announced for some systems but not Wii U.Then this morning my bro told me THERE IS A MINECRAFT GAME FOR WII U COMING SOON!!!!? Is it true?? How is the game? If Mojang is signed to Microsoft, how is this on Wii U!!!? How is/what is the story!!!!!? I hope it's a decent price and has the latest updates! (I'm still sad I only saw some of the real thing awhile playing Pocket Edition....) When is this coming out how much will it cost!!!!? I can't wait for the release!!!! :O

Wow... Lol, thats all I can say. I am amazed

I saw on miiverse there was a Minecraft story mode!? I thought at first this was a mod some fans made, but I kept seeing more post saying: It's like a story fans made.Then I saw another post saying it was announced for some systems but not Wii U.Then this morning my bro told me THERE IS A MINECRAFT GAME FOR WII U COMING SOON!!!!? Is it true?? How is the game? If Mojang is signed to Microsoft, how is this on Wii U!!!? How is/what is the story!!!!!? I hope it's a decent price and has the latest updates! (I'm still sad I only saw some of the real thing awhile playing Pocket Edition....) When is this coming out how much will it cost!!!!? I can't wait for the release!!!! :O
This isn't a "real" minecraft game, per say. It's a narrative-driven game from Telltale in which you change the story via your choices ingame. Think of it as an "interactive TV show".
"You are Jesse. He and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers that slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion."
"Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Brian Posehn, (The Sarah Silverman Program, Mission Hill), Ashley Johnson (The Last of Us, Tales from the Borderlands), Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, X-Men) Martha Plimpton (The Goonies, Raising Hope), Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), Corey Feldman (The Goonies, Stand by Me), Billy West (Futurama, Adventure Time), and Paul Reubens (Tron: Uprising, Pee-wee’s Playhouse) with more to be announced!"
All of this information and much more can be found here, under the FAQ section.

This isn't a "real" minecraft game, per say. It's a narrative-driven game from Telltale in which you change the story via your choices ingame. Think of it as an "interactive TV show".
"You are Jesse. He and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers that slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion."
"Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Brian Posehn, (The Sarah Silverman Program, Mission Hill), Ashley Johnson (The Last of Us, Tales from the Borderlands), Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, X-Men) Martha Plimpton (The Goonies, Raising Hope), Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), Corey Feldman (The Goonies, Stand by Me), Billy West (Futurama, Adventure Time), and Paul Reubens (Tron: Uprising, Pee-wee’s Playhouse) with more to be announced!"
All of this information and much more can be found here, under the FAQ section.
Really? I see. A great alternate is cube life island survival, with the new update coming up, its gonna be as good as mine craft is, for the value and price and how the game-play is. Its great and is a different style to minecraft, its pretty amazing. Since the minecraft game is this type of style, I hope its really cheap

i have episode one for ps3 its awesome

I read about this a while back and I think there is a chance for the entire engine to be ported over so we might see the whole Minecraft game on Wii U in the future, but that's just wishful thinking.

@PigMayor has the PC version of Story Mode and he said it's really good, so it's definitely something I'd look into.

I never said I have the PC version, but I have it for Xbox 360 and iPhone instead. I recommend getting it on console unless you don't mind buggy graphics, though.

Why would you recommend getting it on console over PC?

I dont really like Minecraft or am interested in the storymode but if it comes to the Wii U i think i may try it and maybe i will like it! who knows that has already happened to me some times (like when Nintendo sent me that sweet free Animal crossing New Leaf download code b4 da game came out :D )

I think that would be pretty cool for the Wii U

Why would you recommend getting it on console over PC?
I guess PC is just as good as te rest, but I prefer consoles over PCs on certain games. I didn't say PC was any worse than console though, but on a seperate note, if you want to play it anywhere and don't mind a few tiny graphical errors, I'd say mobile is the way to go. They're all the same price value, but PC/Next gen console seems like the best choice if you want the best gameplay.

Reactions: TheYESDragon
I guess PC is just as good as te rest, but I prefer consoles over PCs on certain games. I didn't say PC was any worse than console though, but on a seperate note, if you want to play it anywhere and don't mind a few tiny graphical errors, I'd say mobile is the way to go. They're all the same price value, but PC/Next gen console seems like the best choice if you want the best gameplay.
Mmm, fair enough.

I know that it will be one wii u, because if you actually look it up it says that it is just being delayed. I'm still excited that soon it will come to wii u. The only bad thing is that you need to keep paying money for each episode for the game. Also can you still play multiplayer on this or is it just single player. That's what I think.

Hmm, that's pretty cool. This could mean minecraft is coming to Wii U too. I stopped playing minecraft a while ago but my brother really loves minecraft.

Hmm, that's pretty cool. This could mean minecraft is coming to Wii U too. I stopped playing minecraft a while ago but my brother really loves minecraft.

Maybe, but the leak from earlier has been wrecked

Who knows?

Minecraft is owned by microsoft now, so there is no chance of it coming to the wii u sadly

Back