Closed Mixing Things Up! - A Mixed Tier Pokémon Tournament (Ended)

• Thread starter Samuel_1802
  • Start date
Samuel_1802

Samuel_1802

Nintendo Mobile Game Junkie
Towns Folk
YcYyj9j.png

Banner created by @Vii :cat:

Welcome to my very first Pokémon Tournament here on 3DSPedia! This is the Mixing Things Up Pokémon Tournament, where you'll have to battle utilizing teams consisting of Pokémon all across Smogon's tiers. There will be a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 16. First come first serve. Sign ups will be open until July 9th. You must have been a member of the site for at least a month in order to participate.

Entry Fee: 5 PC

Battles will be 6 v 6 singles in-game only, following the present set of rules and Pokémon banlist: (please do pay attention as these aren't exactly the same as Smogon standard rules, I've bolded the differences for you, including the Pokémon banlist).

XYORAS bred/caught Pokémon only, which means transfer moves (such as Softboiled on Clefable) are forbidden. You can check if your Pokémon was caught in one of these games if they have a blue pentagon in their Summary screen.

Species Clause: a player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team (using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C breaks the clause since they share the same Pokédex number).

Sleep Clause: if a player has already put a Pokémon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.

Evasion Clause: a Pokémon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset. Additionally, the abilities Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are not permitted in play.

OHKO Clause: a Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Baton Pass Clause: players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also a move/ability that boosts Speed and a move/ability that boosts another stat (i.e.: Speed Boost + Swords Dance + Baton Pass, Shell Smash + Baton Pass, Quiver Dance + Baton Pass, Agility + Swords Dance + Baton Pass, etc).

Endless Battle Clause: players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish. Furthermore, the combinations of Leppa Berry and Recycle with Pain Split or Fling are also illegal.

Banned move(s): Swagger.

Banned abilities: Moody, Shadow Tag.

Banned items: Bright Powder, Focus Band, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Soul Dew. Diancite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Latiasite, Latiosite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Metagrossite, Salemencite.
Aegislash
Arceus
Blaziken
Chansey
Darkrai
Deoxys (all formes)
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Greninja
Groudon
Ho-oh
Hoopa-Unbound
Jirachi
Keldeo
Kyogre
Kyurem-B
Kyurem-W
Landorus-I
Landorus-T
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Thundurus-I
Tornadus-T
Volcanion
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

TEAM COMPOSITION RESTRICTIONS:

This is the main catch of this tournament, you must stick to this basic template. Please make sure your team is able to fulfill it (you can easily check by using Pokémon Showdown's online teambuilder):
  1. No team may contain more than ONE Pokémon from the OU tier
  2. No team may contain more than TWO Pokémon from the UU tier
  3. Pokémon from Borderline tiers are considered as part of the immediate tier above it, meaning that Pokémon from BL are counted as OU and Pokémon from BL2 are counted as UU
  4. The rest of your team can consist of any combination of Pokémon from the PU, NU and RU tiers. (i.e. 3 RU, 2 RU + 1 NU, 1 RU + 1 NU + 1 PU, 2 PU + 1 RU, etc.)
Mega Alakazam
Mega Altaria
Mega Gallade
Mega Gyarados
Diggersby
Hawlucha
Mega Heracross
Mega Pidgeot
Scolipede
Staraptor
Terrakion
Thundurus-T
Togekiss
Victini
Volcarona
Zygarde
Mega Abomasnow
Mega Houndoom
Dragalge
Durant
Froslass
Kingdra
Kyurem
Moltres
Noivern
Pangoro
Sharpedo
Shuckle
Tornadus-I
Venomoth
Yanmega
Zoroark

This is what you came for, eh?

PRIZES

1st Place: 40 PC + shiny Bold 4IV Amaura + custom bred Pokémon from yours truly
2nd Place: 25 PC + custom bred Pokémon
3rd Place: 15 PC + custom bred Pokémon
4th Place and below: Litten hairballs :cat:

NJrAso5.jpg

PARTICIPANTS
1. @Samuel_1802
2. @Vii
3. @PokeFreak
4. @paceygym
5. @Danny
6. @Trollchu teh ManSlayer
7. @Chi
8. @Greedling
9. @Pk1410
10. @Artisan
11. @Leviathinian

Note: in the case that the host (aka me), wins the tournament, prizes will be handed as follow:
2nd place will get 1st place prize
3rd place will get 2nd place prize
4th place will get 3rd place prize
Nobody gets to keep the hairballs! :eek:

BRACKET

Last edited:
Reactions: Danny, Marc, Pookie and 1 other person
J o i n i n ' !
H7Ps7.giff

Paid! Sign me up! :D

Reactions: spagooti and Samuel_1802
I'm paying in just a sec! :cat:

But why did you have to ban Mew? ;-;

Count me in !:)

Down, but it says sign ups start July 2nd...

Down, but it says sign ups start July 2nd...
Uh... no, it says they'll close on July 2nd :p

Lol, my bad, misread, sorry.

Giving this a lil' bump :angelic:

Is this in game or showdown

@Marc , join. I need revenge, R E V E N G E !

Reactions: Mr. Kream
@Marc , join. I need revenge, R E V E N G E !
Poke, I don't remember teaching you, but you've learned well.

Reactions: Pookie
I might join, I'll let you know for sure by 2nd July!

Reactions: Samuel_1802
I might join, I'll let you know for sure by 2nd July!
Go for it! \o/

Reactions: CheeseFlavouredCake
Bump. We still need at least 2 more people! >.<)/

Due to not being able to get the minimum amount of participants, I'll be extending the entry period to July 9th. If we still don't get at least 8 players I'll just start the tournament with the amount of players we end up having.

Added Shiny Amaura proof

Is there any way we can join with out paying 5 pc but give theme?

Is there any way we can join with out paying 5 pc but give theme?
No, you have to pay the entry fee if you want to participate

Back