• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
dHS0lj0.jpg

Ya.. I said it :cool-pika:

Who is the most annoying character in a first-party Nintendo game for you? :eyes:

I would say Navi or F.L.U.D.D. but the real winner is Toad. His voice is annoying and he's a constant reminder that the princess is in another castle. Peach's neutral B with Toad is also annoying. Good thing in the SMBDX manual it says that all the Toads turned to bricks and enemies because who wouldn't want to whoop the Toad race.

My vote goes to Navi. I mean, It's nice to have a companion by your side, but the constant 'Hey! Listen!' can really annoy the heck of out of anyone. You're trying to focus on an enemy or explore a room and she literally just ruins it all. Who's with me? xD

Navi is great for beginners, But that's kinda it. It's quite easy to get to grips with things and if you remember what to do next, Then you should be fine. :p

I have to agree with you. Navi was a bit annoying how it kept going Hey! Listen.

No Navi I'm not listening. I don't want to. I want to play the game.

Navi wasn't TOO bad though. Just a bit annoying and nothing else. Navi is good for beginners who need a fairy to harass them every 5 minutes about something.

Rotom Dex for sure...

For one thing, he gives me the same advice over and over and over again. "Hey Roto-J, this is where I give you advice you didn't ask for! Zzzt! Did you know that super-effective moves are powerful?" I KNOW ROTOM YOU TOLD ME THAT LITERALLY 5 MINUTES AGO. :eyes2: Hearing the same adivce gets annoying, especially since I know it all. I'm not a noob, Rotom!!

He asks quite frequently if I want to be inside him.
"Zzzzt! It'll be a bit of a squeeeze, but wanna give it a try?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikaya
Oh yeah Rotom is the worst.

Listen up! Here's where I give you advice you didn't ask for! Did you know if you use a super effective move it does more damage?

I know.

Hey! Go in the grass and you can find Pokemon!

Listen up! Here's where I give you advice you didn't ask for! Did you know if you use a super effective move it does more damage?

I know.

WHAT? You can find Pokemon in grass?
Super-effective moves do more damage?

Rotom, you have enlightened me. What would I do without you :cry::cry:

Roto Loto is nice though

I know.

Yeah Roto Loto makes everything good. But I hate it when I wanna look at the map and Rotom is busy yaking about looking for Pokemon, harassing you to save, or asking if you like him. But you have to talk to him or else you won't get Roto Loto. I need my Roto Catch!

Whats weird about Rotom is how using a Roto Power allows you to get stuff from marts for a lot cheaper! Like how does that work?

"Hey Pokemart guy! Half discount for this guy! He used a power that gices him items for a lot cheaper"

I don't understand the logic behind that but who cares! I'd take cheap items any day.

Whats weird about Rotom is how using a Roto Power allows you to get stuff from marts for a lot cheaper! Like how does that work?

"Hey Pokemart guy! Half discount for this guy! He used a power that gices him items for a lot cheaper"

I don't understand the logic behind that but who cares! I'd take cheap items any day.

tumblr_ozm2ljMggq1uintnzo2_r6_1280.png

I think the rival from Pokémon Yellow counts. No offense, but that guy was kinda... not quite polite, even when I meet him for the first time, even though his earlier action makes me ended up having Pikachu in my side, which looks good. Looking back makes me glad that after several games, we're granted with several nicer rivals.

Can I say off the hook when starting up Splatoon 2 having to wait a Minute just to get in the game

Most annoying character in a Nintendo game? Probably the toad's in Paper Mario : Sticker Star. I really don't like that game...

If I have to pick one it would probably be bowser jr. or villager purely because of their movesets in smash 4. I hate bowser jr for being so damn annoying and being impossible to hit most of the time because players online will go at with the car and then immediately do the up special to drop the bomb on you. Not to mention the fact that the hammer he uses after ejecting from the clown car is wayyyyy to overpowered. His moveset just feels like it was made for people to stand in a corner and noob with him and I don't like it. Also his voice in super mario sunshine is annoying as hell. Come to think of it bowser's is pretty <censored> awful too but not as awful as in Mario Part 8, oh god.

I hate villager for pretty much the same reason, he is overpowered and annoying as hell to fight. For starters, why does he have the best recovery out of everybody in smash? He isn't even the lightest character. The pocket move is also really OP and the fact that the bowling ball can go off ledges makes recovering really painful. So basically villager can recover from literally anything as long as he is not launched far enough off screen and he also makes sure that your character will not be able to use their recovery move most of the time, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sounds like a totally fair and balanced character to me, right?

I hate villager for pretty much the same reason, he is overpowered and annoying as hell to fight. For starters, why does he have the best recovery out of everybody in smash? He isn't even the lightest character. The pocket move is also really OP and the fact that the bowling ball can go off ledges makes recovering really painful. So basically villager can recover from literally anything as long as he is not launched far enough off screen and he also makes sure that your character will not be able to use their recovery move most of the time, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sounds like a totally fair and balanced character to me, right?
Both his side and up b recoveries can be destroyed to cause instant death.

I'm going to have to say Navi as well; I can't seem to get that "Hey, Listen!" out of my head! :hilarious:
I seem to have this problem with annoying tutorial characters in general... After playing the Detective Pikachu demo for a few minutes, Pikachu started getting on my nerves too :cool-pika::eyes2::D

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
I'm going to have to say Navi as well; I can't seem to get that "Hey, Listen!" out of my head! :hilarious:
I seem to have this problem with annoying tutorial characters in general... After playing the Detective Pikachu demo for a few minutes, Pikachu started getting on my nerves too :cool-pika::eyes2::D
Detective pikachu might actually be more annoying. He acts all smart but he explained things super slow like you were a fiveyear old that doesn’t understand basic logic...

Probably Navi also, in Ocarina of time, yes, I know they are iron bars, thanks again for the reminder.

The most annoying character in a first party game would probably be Hau because I'm half way through the game so we might get to 10. His stupid annoying face, his smug smile. It's like, dude, I don't even like you. Leave me a lone. You don't even seem like a main character. Literally the most annoying one dimensional character in pokemon. At least all the peebs in XY had some dynamic, or weren't always bugging you. Hau doesn't have any kind of interest,but malasalads and is more by your side then anyone else and when a bad guy like Lusamine was evil in the game he didn’t even realize that she was evil until cosmog was being hurt by that machine . Also he doesn’t suit to be a rival he should just be a type of person who meets you up after awhile like Trevor from X and Y and should work more on the Pokdex then battle you rarely i think that would really suit him.

@Leaandro15 At least his battle music is not that bad, and he really never was that challenging. To me the hardest "rival fight" in sun and moon was when gladion challenged you before victory road.

Back