Name 1 good and bad thing about the Wii

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
Good: Innovation with games, none of them felt the same and always used motion controls in a new way.

Bad: Lack of HD, imagine a Wii with graphics even close to HD. That would have sold so much more, you bundle a Wii with slightly improved graphics along with a Smash or an MK8 and a big 3rd party game like COD to appeal to PS/XBox owners and they would have smashed it even more.
Nintendo didn't like HD at the time and then out of nowhere they wanted to try HD with the Wii U.

Good: Games nowadays are good and cheap. $20 for Namco Museum Megamix? YES!
Bad: Too much casual shovelware and third parties refuse to let it die.

It is true that third-parties continue to try and make money off of it. I don't get their reasoning at all because they are chasing after a market that just isn't there. I mean, people have moved on from the Wii. If they want to buy games, they're going to buy the latest and greatest from Nintendo, not some shovelware that a small obscure publisher releases 8 years after the console launched (exception, see Fifa 15 from EA).

Awesome thing: has a wide variety of games to choose from (some good, some not so good.) Not so awesome thing: There isn't a lot of bad things to say about it really, besides maybe the motion sensorgets a little annoying sometimes. I like the Wii!

Didn't have hd so graphics were crap, but it had a lot of fun Nintendo made gamesn

Didn't have hd so graphics were crap, but it had a lot of fun Nintendo made gamesn

Wow. Just because a game isn't in HD means the graphics are crap.

Super Mario Galaxy still looks amazing to me.

Wow. Just because a game isn't in HD means the graphics are crap.

Super Mario Galaxy still looks amazing to me.
There not crap your right that was an exaggeration but they weren't as good as the ps3 and xbox 360

The good thing about the Wii is that it has several good games, and most of them use the Motion Controls as a mechanic, such as Twilight Princess when you are using the Bow and Arrow. The bad thing is that without the Wii Sensor Bar, that won't be possible,and the Wii mote drains the batteries fast.

A good thing about the Wii is the awesome online games like Super smash bros Brawl or Super Mario kart Wii
A bad thing about the Wii that the Wiis internet routers are shut down.
R.I.P Wii :cry:

Good: Motion Controls

Bad: Corrupts GC memory cards

Good: Hosted some really amazing games ans was innovative. Was really cheap at the time, was literally the same price as the dsi xl.
Bads: THe power was terrible, the specs were only slightly better than the game cube. But Gc had better graphic looking games compared to the Gc. Also, the wii is at 480p, which is terrible. The wii remotes have batteries and can not charge unless you buy one of those wii chargers.
Overall, it was only a commercial success, other than that, very few games sold highly and if you look at the charts, they were unbelievably low. The wii u software sells way better than the wii. It hosted amazing games though and were very fun, it was a great console while it lasted

I liked the Wii because it had some really awesome games during its time and although the motion controls were pretty annoying, they were a nice and innovative implementation to some of the games. One thing I definitely hated was the Wii Remote batteries .-. that was so annoying xD

Good:
- Great Nintendo Games
- Plays GC games
- Has virtual console
Bad:
- No good graphics
- Most games are boring movie games or casual games.
- Not as many big name games (Call of Duty, Madden, Fifa, GTA, ETC.)

Good: HD games and fun games to play

Bad: few online multiplayer games

Back