Bravely Default New Bravely Default: For the Sequel trailer

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
As you know, we will get the better version of Bravely Default, New Bravely Default: For the Sequel.
This trailer is just awesome, and this is the Final Fantasy game I was waiting for so much time.

Also, this game is translated to Spanish (my native language) so I have not reason for not buying this game.

The only bad thing of this game are the SP (optional special attacks) you only won one every 8 hours the console is in sleep mode (no way I will do that) so the only way is buying those.

Adding DLC would be okay, but micro transactions? That isn't a smart move.
Also a drink for a instant beat for boss battles will be sold, but they said this:

here’s a chance that all the players could end up disliking it, so we really put a lot of thought into this one. With that in mind, the reason we decided to go through with the plan is because of our wish to have as many people possible beat the game. Some players might want to continue with the story but might not be able to beat the boss no matter how hard they try, and eventually give up on the game, which is the last thing we’d want.

It’s for this reason that we also included the difficulty and encounter rate adjustments. Ultimately, it will be an item that will allow you to beat bosses, simply by drinking it — although we didn’t make it into some item that’s like a ‘bomb that instantly blows up bosses’ because we still want you to have fun with the game. Just to be clear, the game will allow you to still use the Bravely Second up to two or three times a day, without having to purchase SP Drinks.

We’re actually still in the brainstorming stage for that. If it’s too cheap, then players will get to use it as much as they want, and that would ruin the balance. I think it’d be good to have a price that stays true to the value of a special trump card.

I won't use those SP. I want the original difficulty, since people in Japan can barely finish the game.
Anyway, do you plan to buy the collector's edition?

I won't use those SP. I want the original difficulty, since people in Japan can barely finish the game.
Anyway, do you plan to buy the collector's edition?

Sadly the digital one. Too much taxes...

Sadly the digital one. Too much taxes...
Just checked the price tag. Too much for me >.<
I'll go with retail; hopefully US version will get small artbook when pre-ordered.

I wanted to see the enemies on the map similar to how it was done in Tales of the Abyss or Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm getting a little tired of wild encounters. I want to see them so that I can at least try to avoid battling them.

Anyway, it isn't a big deal. The trailer looks good IMO, :)

I wanted to see the enemies on the map similar to how it was done in Tales of the Abyss or Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm getting a little tired of wild encounters. I want to see them so that I can at least try to avoid battling them.

Anyway, it isn't a big deal. The trailer looks good IMO, :)

Well, random encounters can be tiring but it make the games challenging...

I hate random encounters sometimes to, its kinda annoying.

Anyways, this game will for sure get a purchase from me, it reminds me of a Final Fantasy game, and fills the void for a good Final Fantasy game (better than Theatrhythm). The trailer is great and I can tell the story looks interesting by viewing the trailer.

I've never had problems with random encounters till FF 4 the after years.

But what is this SP drinks and potion boss killing? That is spitting on what JRPGs stand for.

Can anyone answer though if you need SP to play the game properly? I will not sink more money into this game.

But what is this SP drinks and potion boss killing? That is spitting on what JRPGs stand for.

Can anyone answer though if you need SP to play the game properly? I will not sink more money into this game.
Just don't use SP. I want original BDFF feel.

SP is a optional addition to the game (the original game doesn't have this fuction) just for make the game easy and fill Square Enix pockets.

good to know, I didn't want this game to have a forced micro money making thing on us.

good to know, I didn't want this game to have a forced micro money making thing on us.

That would be a bad move, a really really bad move from they.

but something they wouldn't do. Which had me worried.

Finally!!! Rejoice, for BDFF (US version) is slated for release on February, 7th 2014 :)

Debating on getting it on launch day or wait till the next holidays.

Finally!!! Rejoice, for BDFF (US version) is slated for release on February, 7th 2014 :)
So long, I would just want time to fly by.

Just found the English gameplay, I guess this is the European version.

It must be the European version because the Japanese also say "for the sequel thing".
(it's multilingual in every region)

Ahh, the game looks wonderful.

game looks great, gives me a FF 9 vibe.

Back