New eShop card designs and $5 eShop card revealed

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Found out that there are new Mario themed eShop cards. They aren't physical cards though, so you'll only find them when you're buying digital cards online. I've only found links to Amazon selling them.

C8cWaQbUMAAoqFO.jpg

In addition to the new designs, I've learned about new credit being sold or I just have not seen it sold before. I knew you could get $5 value cards from Nintendo's Wii U Digital Deluxe Promo, but it seems you can order them from Amazon as well. The $45 and $75 value cards are new to me as well ;u;

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Ashkil
Cool cards. They look really nice. :)

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
It must be looking pretty nice. I find it quite hilarious that Wario got the biggest cash stamped in it ($70) :greedy: I guess it fits Wario's character, alright :p And I think more varieties means it's a good thing, for sure. I hope this new set gets carried over internationally pretty soon, considering they still sell with $10, $20, $35 and $50 as for now.

Jup, those are new. I like the $5 card, I think those will sell well. Less of an investment.

Wario gets the highest card...no surprises there. xD Also, good to see that users can get $5 for the Shop now. I've found myself wanting just that for a 3DS Indie title quite a few times in my life.

Reactions: Starry Windy
I like the idea of a $5 card, I hope that comes across the pond soon. It's more useful just for that small game, or if you need just a tad bit more money. I don't think the higher priced ones would sell much, but then again, I've gotten 2x £50 steam vouchers before for Christmas so a higher priced card might be good for occasions like that.

Those cards look awesome though :D I hope they become physical cards in the future because that'd be great!

Also just noticed that these where a thing: http://www.nintendo.com/giftcards/ar-cards/photos-with-mario I don't believe these exist where I am, but they look pretty cool. Since I'm guessing they still cost $10 it's a nice free addition.

It's nice to see the $5 card introduced, I'm pretty sure most american players wanted that for a while. xD

As for the designs, I really like them. Where's Bowser Jr., though? The Toad and Yoshi ones are adorable.

I'd also like to see these in physical form someday. I think they'd sell pretty well.

Introduce the same concept in EU, hopefully? (Euros/£'s currency) :cat:

Reactions: Starry Windy and 28142
Cool designs, but why, oh why, would someone even bother to go through all that process of payment with your personal information that takes a century for an 5$ gift card you can't even buy a SNES title ._.

I don't understand why you would buy these off amazon. I can understand buying them physically from the store, when you have cash but not credit, but why online. You need paypal/credit card to buy it off amazon, why wouldn't you just add currency directly to you 3ds and cut out the extra step. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

I don't understand why you would buy these off amazon. I can understand buying them physically from the store, when you have cash but not credit, but why online. You need paypal/credit card to buy it off amazon, why wouldn't you just add currency directly to you 3ds and cut out the extra step. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Maybe as a gift for someone who you don't live close to, or for an online friend. Or maybe you just don't feel safe enough inputting your card details into your console and would rather do it via Amazon through PayPal or something like that.

Okay. I guess that makes sense. Seems like very specific cases though. And how does Amazon make any money off selling these?

Okay. I guess that makes sense. Seems like very specific cases though. And how does Amazon make any money off selling these?

Like they do with anything I presume. A small cut of the total sum goes to them.

Except you pay exactly the amount on the card, which is the exact amount you get for the eshop. You don't pay them $15 for a $10 card, so I don't see where they could be getting their money from that.

Except you pay exactly the amount on the card, which is the exact amount you get for the eshop. You don't pay them $15 for a $10 card, so I don't see where they could be getting their money from that.

Again, a small cut would go to Amazon. Just because you're paying the correct amount doesnt mean that Nintendo would get it all.

Found out that there are new Mario themed eShop cards. They aren't physical cards though, so you'll only find them when you're buying digital cards online. I've only found links to Amazon selling them.

C8cWaQbUMAAoqFO.jpg

In addition to the new designs, I've learned about new credit being sold or I just have not seen it sold before. I knew you could get $5 value cards from Nintendo's Wii U Digital Deluxe Promo, but it seems you can order them from Amazon as well. The $45 and $75 value cards are new to me as well ;u;
45 70 and 35 and new to me I've seen the rest in places that sell gift cards like Walmart and giant eagle.
Gotta say I do love the designs and I adore the Yoshi one :3 Yoshi is great.

I just use their Amazon gift cards ;) don't wanna risk ppl getting your bank info now do you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser new eShop cards in physical form at Best Buy today. I looked on Best Buy's web site just now, but I saw pictures of the old eShop cards. I wonder if other retailers will start carrying the new cards?

Well I buyed my eshop card off of amazon. With my amazon credit, so theres that if someone gives you a amazon card

Pretty neat though a $70 digital card is too much.

Pretty neat though a $70 digital card is too much.

Probably so, but I think $70 eShop card will do justice considering several Switch and Wii U games can be quite expensive, too. Plus, this might be great if you wanted to get around 2 retail 3DS games if you're at it, too.

And what do you know? The $5 eShop card is finally out in the online store in my place, too! I hope I can spot $45 and $70 eShop cards as well.

Reactions: Mikaya
They look super cool and the new design seems to make it more colorful and alive / eye-catching then ever before :)

Back