New IOSU exploit for latest version Wii Us!

• Thread starter Megalegacy98
  • Start date
Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
A new IOSU exploit is coming this week! For the latest firmware! For anyone at 5.5.0, I advise you to block updates immediately. Unless you want to wait another year or two for a new exploit... ;)

What you will need:
  • A Wii U with 5.5.0 or below.
  • The browser
That's it.

What is IOSU?
It's basically kernel but more than kernel. You can do more stuff. This is also full control.

But it's too complicated.
Yeah, using the web browser is complicated. I know. (sarcasm) Trust me this is as easy to run as browserhax on 3ds.

I don't care.
Alright good for you.

What will this let me do?
Glad you asked.
(important stuff in bold)
  • playing backup games from SD or USB (USB Loader GX like) without the need of hosting files
  • importing/exporting savegames to SD and maybe USB
  • importing/exporting Miis to SD and maybe USB
  • disabling format warning when USB drive for vWii mode is connected when Wii U starts
  • maybe disabling firmware updates
  • any kind of homebrew (apps) like WiiMC (media center)
  • Linux!
  • emuNAND - the greatest of all possible things
  • a homebrew channel
  • use DLCs together with backups (like a fully unlocked Mario Kart 8 and so on)
  • Wii games could be launched through Wii U mode as injected VCs so using vWii could become pointless
  • playing Gamecube games and other games in 1080p.
  • play ANY SINGLE Nintendo game from any console except future ones and the 3DS.
  • Custom content, for example, custom Mario Kart 8 tracks and custom Smash Bros fighters
  • Region Free
  • Possibly amiibo save manager?
  • Spoofing, download updates and games from eShop even when you aren't on latest version, do everything online that you usually can do.
  • Possibly custom themes
And MUCH more.

Is this safe?
In theory, yes. As long as you make a NAND backup, and you know what you are doing, you should be fine. The only real risk to bricking your Wii U is messing with the system itself. (like, install bad files, update in a weird way, using someone else's NAND backup etc.)

I want this! How do I make sure I can block updates so I don't have to wait 2 years for another exploit?
NOTE: When blocking updates, it blocks eShop and Youtube too! Just something you should know.
1. Go to System Settings.
2. Go to internet settings.
3. Press X to go to your connection list.
4. Choose the network you use to connect your Wii U to the internet.
5. Press Connection Settings
6. Go to the second page of the settings and press "DNS"
7. Instead of "Auto-Obtain", do "Don't Auto-Obtain".
8. A new sub-menu should open up. Open it. (I think it's detailed setup?)
9. In the Primary DNS, type in 107.211.140.065. Leave Secondary DNS alone.
10. Exit the menu and save the settings.
11. Test if this works by going to eShop. If it fails to connect, congrats you now have a update-proof console and you are ready for the new exploit.

That's all for now.

Reactions: Hayleia, Slayerpon Tatsu and Marc
I WANT DIS

Wow a new exploit for wii u. This would probably be something that I would do maybe a few years later (after wii u is replaced by a new console) when I wont need access to wii u eshop anymore :p

Wow a new exploit for wii u. This would probably be something that I would do maybe a few years later (after wii u is replaced by a new console) when I wont need access to wii u eshop anymore :p
You can spoof to get access to the eShop =P

Reactions: 532
You can spoof to get access to the eShop =P
This opens up a whole new world '-'

But wouldnt i miss something if I dont update my wii u?

Maybe only stability updates unless something major gets released.

Right now there's an exploit for 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 so it doesn't matter if you block updates or update right away. Unless, of course, another firmware gets released that patches the exploit.

Maybe only stability updates unless something major gets released.

Right now there's an exploit for 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 so it doesn't matter if you block updates or update right away. Unless, of course, another firmware gets released that patches the exploit.
Okay so if I do the exploit, would it be possible to undo it as wel by any chance? In case that major update does happen >.<

Okay so if I do the exploit, would it be possible to undo it as wel by any chance? In case that major update does happen >.<
Yeah, of course. The exploit isn't available to the public atm tho. The person will only release it after Nintendo patches it.

Edit: The userland one, I mean, is available.

Yeah, of course. The exploit isn't available to the public atm tho. The person will only release it after Nintendo patches it.

Okay then I'll feel safer doing all this. If it's easier to exploit than the 3DS (which I never got to >.<) then I'll do just that.

There are actually several conditions that determine the release of the IOSU exploit.

- The exploit gets patched on a newer version

- They find another exploit

-There is a very high demand in the homebrew community, meaning there are more people who are willing to contribute and make/port homebrew

- They find some kind of an emunand based solution or a better way to solve firmware updating problem.

But there is a very high chance that the release will be before February, as the main guy who works on the exploit said so himself.

One of these requirements have to be made in order for the person to release the exploit:

No you wouldn't, because a goal for the future is emuNAND, which lets you enjoy newer features of updates while having a lower firmware.

Hacking Smash Bros. for the Wii U? That means I can install custom fighters, just like with Brawl? You know what I want to do.

Still, I don't think it's worth it yet . . . unless I know what kind of hacking is available.

Hacking Smash Bros. for the Wii U? That means I can install custom fighters, just like with Brawl? You know what I want to do.

Still, I don't think it's worth it yet . . . unless I know what kind of hacking is available.
1. Yes

2. What do you mean?

1. Yes

2. What do you mean?

I will look up to see what kind of progress anyone has with this exploit. Maybe there's a site dedicating for Smash Bros. hacks. I know the Kitty Crew site.

I will look up to see what kind of progress anyone has with this exploit. Maybe there's a site dedicating for Smash Bros. hacks. I know the Kitty Crew site.
Go on gbatemp. You'll find lots of updates there

A new IOSU exploit is coming this week! For the latest firmware! For anyone at 5.5.0, I advise you to block updates immediately. Unless you want to wait another year or two for a new exploit... ;)

What you will need:
  • A Wii U with 5.5.0 or below.
  • The browser
That's it.

What is IOSU?
It's basically kernel but more than kernel. You can do more stuff. This is also full control.

But it's too complicated.
Yeah, using the web browser is complicated. I know. (sarcasm) Trust me this is as easy to run as browserhax on 3ds.

I don't care.
Alright good for you.

What will this let me do?
Glad you asked.
(important stuff in bold)
  • playing backup games from SD or USB (USB Loader GX like) without the need of hosting files
  • importing/exporting savegames to SD and maybe USB
  • importing/exporting Miis to SD and maybe USB
  • disabling format warning when USB drive for vWii mode is connected when Wii U starts
  • maybe disabling firmware updates
  • any kind of homebrew (apps) like WiiMC (media center)
  • Linux!
  • emuNAND - the greatest of all possible things
  • a homebrew channel
  • use DLCs together with backups (like a fully unlocked Mario Kart 8 and so on)
  • Wii games could be launched through Wii U mode as injected VCs so using vWii could become pointless
  • playing Gamecube games and other games in 1080p.
  • play ANY SINGLE Nintendo game from any console except future ones and the 3DS.
  • Custom content, for example, custom Mario Kart 8 tracks and custom Smash Bros fighters
  • Region Free
  • Possibly amiibo save manager?
  • Spoofing, download updates and games from eShop even when you aren't on latest version, do everything online that you usually can do.
  • Possibly custom themes
And MUCH more.

Is this safe?
In theory, yes. As long as you make a NAND backup, and you know what you are doing, you should be fine. The only real risk to bricking your Wii U is messing with the system itself. (like, install bad files, update in a weird way, using someone else's NAND backup etc.)

I want this! How do I make sure I can block updates so I don't have to wait 2 years for another exploit?
NOTE: When blocking updates, it blocks eShop and Youtube too! Just something you should know.
1. Go to System Settings.
2. Go to internet settings.
3. Press X to go to your connection list.
4. Choose the network you use to connect your Wii U to the internet.
5. Press Connection Settings
6. Go to the second page of the settings and press "DNS"
7. Instead of "Auto-Obtain", do "Don't Auto-Obtain".
8. A new sub-menu should open up. Open it. (I think it's detailed setup?)
9. In the Primary DNS, type in 107.211.140.065. Leave Secondary DNS alone.
10. Exit the menu and save the settings.
11. Test if this works by going to eShop. If it fails to connect, congrats you now have a update-proof console and you are ready for the new exploit.

That's all for now.
You had me at custom Mario kart 8 tracks. I might actually try this. But I do like my smash dlc...

But I do like my smash dlc...
What do you mean? You won't lose any Smash DLC.

Do you list HOW to do the browserhax? I mean....How do you do it?

By the way everyone, the hack still works on 5.5.1 thankfully, but you have to block updates ASAP if you're interested. (I can't edit the main post)

Do you list HOW to do the browserhax? I mean....How do you do it?
What do you mean? The hack isn't out yet. It's been delayed (3?) 2 times already. We should be expecting release end-January to mid-February.

I thought it was out. How stupid I am >_< Sorry

Back