New Super Mario Bros. Wii

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
ah, Nintendo did so well with this game, I must say! <3

was well worth buying/playing. Multiplayer is just so crazy. The others would get in your way! annoying! quite challenging at times too, and it was great you can get your friends to help you advance.

I liked it! It was easy when playing by yourself, but when there's multiple people on the screen it's an entirely different game lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I preferred the DS version for playing by myself, but this one was just fantastic for multiplayer! I found it really challenging, but maybe because I hated the Wii's controls for platformers. Either way, I still have the disk and I can fondly remember jumping on people's heads as they fall to their deaths and rage, before I would try to avoid the respawn bubble.

I thought it was to easy, I honestly got bored after the first few levels. Nintendo really need to change it up so it doesn't feel lie you've played the game before.

#revivingthreadsfrom2014 This was my first Mario platformer game. Before I bought this game I thought Mario games were a party game like Mario Party. New super mario bros wii was very great with the multiplayer, I had a blast with this game. I like it over the Wii u version. It was really hard. *cough*9-7*cough*

This game made a great impact on playing on any mario platform series. Including the way we can play with other 3 players its just crazy. The way nintendo improved this way comparing between the old ones... it makes new super mario bros wii one of my favourite games ever!!!

Oh my god I played this game with my cousin's all the time and we'd always fight until it's like one person remaining on all the levels xD
Good times, good times.

Yes! I loved that game, and I still do! Me and my friends love to play multiplayer.

This one brings many memories...I remember watching a TV commercial for it as an 8-year old kid,and just running around in circles until the day my dad arrived from England with the game to celebrate Christmas with me and my mother.I think it was on that year where I also got my third DS.I even got an official guide for the game to get past through and discover certain areas and secrets!Good anticipation times... :rotfl:
Lots of nostalgic moments also come from gameplay-wise.The fun and hard times I had in various levels,the small duels me and my best friend at the time had while trying to progress in World 2 one time I came to his house with the game,the chaos ensued at World 9,and how I managed to get along with all that and still 100% complete the game,even with all the screamings I've done from lots of terrifyingly hard moments in my room.Great game you did there Nintendo,great game,even with all the rage I ensued at the time. :p

I prefer this to Mario U tbh. The propeller mushroom was fun, the multiplayer was so aggravatingly fun, and the levels were a blast :3

In my opinion it's the best 2D Mario game *drops a mic on his toe*

I love this game lol Multiplayer is what really made it though. When playing with my sister I would often rage at her because of her impatience, making us miss Star Coins or dying while I was still in a bubble waiting for her to pop it. We would also intentionally not pop our bubble to screw over each other lol, and let's not forget the times when both of us accidentally went into bubbles (by pressing A) at the same time, making us lose instantly. :hilarious:

I used to play this game with my friends all the time. ;u; I was really bad at the games while my friend was a pro. :p I remember sucking at the game so much that she made me go into a bubble most of the time. xD And my favorite power up is in that game too, the penguin suit, I love throwing Ice Balls and freezing enemies as well as swimming using the suit. <3 This game is one of my favorite Mario Games. :love:

I had some fun memories of playing this game with my brothers and cousin, though I personally never found multiplayer to be chaotic, I don't know maybe we were working in such perfect synch that we never found a problem or I sucked so much at the game I always died before anything that would make me want to throw a controller at them happened.

This game is pretty fun to play. The game’s plot is similar to those of other side-scrolling Mario games. New Super Mario Bros. Wii follows Mario as he fights his way through Bowser's henchmen to rescue . Mario has access to several power-ups that help him complete his quest, including the Ice Flower, the Fire Flower, and the Starman, each giving him unique abilities. I love the four player mode too (four times as fun), although you can kill each other even if your working together to save the Princess. I noticed this in New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3ds

I really like New Super Mario Bros. Wii! The game is fun if you re playing by yourself, but it is easily ten times as much fun when you play with a group of friends and family. Everything is going great until... Oh no! Someone froze an enemy and now Luigi is trapped! Oh well. Unless he knows to press a, he's a goner. Then everyone presses a thinking they will get a free ride... This is generally how the multiplayer went for me.

Oh man. This game was crazy good! I remember how many tries it took me to finish final bowser! It was so difficult. The multiplayer was very fun to use though. I remember doing all the levels with my siblings.

I also seem to recall that 9-7 (the ice one with fire pirahna plants and munchers in ice) was extremely hard. That level was the hardest! I died at least 100 times trying to do it.

Good memories.

I thought it was a fun game. Oh, the hours I spent dreaming up new levels (this was before Mario Maker). I was very happy when Mario Maker came because my dream came true.

Unfortunately I just recently learned how easy the game was. I timed myself and speedran it in just 37 minutes using the secrets. It was a very challenging game back when I first got it though!

@ShinyEevee133 The level (9-7) was easy, until you tried to get the star coins. That last one usually required multiplayer and sacrificing a player to go and grab it and die.

I thought it was a fun game. Oh, the hours I spent dreaming up new levels (this was before Mario Maker). I was very happy when Mario Maker came because my dream came true.

Unfortunately I just recently learned how easy the game was. I timed myself and speedran it in just 37 minutes using the secrets. It was a very challenging game back when I first got it though!

@ShinyEevee133 The level (9-7) was easy, until you tried to get the star coins. That last one usually required multiplayer and sacrificing a player to go and grab it and die.

It is still pretty challenging even without getting any star coins. Wait too long and some enemy using fire will make the ground disappear. Yeah I think I used 2 player, and just threw him down the hole for that last star coin. But I has to be possible to use as one player obviously. But it is somewhat hard sometimes.

Reactions: shiny-j
Ah, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, one of my favorite games for the Wii ever. I remember so much about this game, it’s unbelievable. When I was younger, my cousin used to come over to my house and play with me and my brother. But, what they liked to do more than play the game is to run ahead and kill me until I had no lives left. I remember getting so mad and wanting to scream when that happened, because after I lost all my lives, they just played by themselves. Looking back now, it was all fun and games, but I took it so seriously. Good times.

New super mario bros wii is easily the peak for the series. 2 felt weird with so few new powerups, and being too easy with constant 1ups. U was pretty good, but wii felt more innovative and fun as it was our first time going nuts with four people in a mario game. Being able to spin makes it easier, but increased the fun too. The difficulty level for the new mario series seems to decrease over time, but since wii was the second game, its still very challenging, but easy enough to have a blast with friends. You may find yourself even working together and taking it very seriously.
If you judge a game’s difficulty by how fast you can beat the final boss, most games will disappoint. BOTW would be super easy. Besides, if you didn’t know where the secret exits where, would you really find it on your first try?

Back