New Theme for Pedia is Up

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Finally! Pedia is on XF 2 and is matching with the main website :D

XF 2 brings in a couple of new features such as content bookmarks, table BB code support, push notifications for Android devices (Apple likes to lock push down for IOS devices so developers can't utilize it yet), etc..

Unfortunately, emblems/levels will take a bit longer to get ported.

As the theme is new, feel free to report bugs or anything out of the usual in this thread. I will be giving out small rewards to members who report issues that I qualify as a bug/issue. There are some that I know that I haven't fixed yet (3AM here, heh), but I'm not going to mention them. Have fun finding 'em tho :p

Keep an eye out for news tomorrow. I might have some other stuffz planned ^^

Credits:
@Sky's friend imnotgoats for making the background images.
@Sky for re-coloring background images.
One or two icons by Abdylas Tynyshov, Sandro Pereira and Roundicons Freebies.

If you have any suggestions, please post them in the suggestion forum so I don't miss them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Kream, Big Yoshi, Samster and 1 other person
So far the new theme looks great and clean, I like it! :thumbsup: Still, I find it difficult to insert images on the chat (importing via buttons on the chat won't budge, the image would disappear when I do so), unless if I'm using IMG code workaround thing.

Also, the new update seems to wipe out all the SB rooms too, so anyone who have made a chat room should recreate one.

Last edited:
Eyy, I like the Android support, it always felt unfriendly to use on the old format.

Reactions: Samster
Wow. This is actually amazing.
I'm gonna need to get used to it but this is way more better than the old theme.

Reactions: Starry Windy and Marc
im going to need time to get used to it, but it looks good

im going to need time to get used to it, but it looks good
I'm the one who made it and I feel the same way, after using the last theme for so long haha.

Eyy, I like the Android support, it always felt unfriendly to use on the old format.
:kermit:

I will get used to this eventually. Some missing features though.

Why does this theme feel so familiar, I am already so used to this format for no apparent reason, especially since all of the forums I went on used only Xenforo V1! Extreme confusion... but happiness!

Don't take this the wrong way, but this feels like a vanilla ice-cream, so light and airy, ready for all situations and scenarios.

Looks great on Firefox latest update (Version 68 probably)

OH MY GOD, THIS LOOKS JUST LIKE FACEBOOK... ESPECIALLY THE LIKES!

Last edited:
Wow! This is super slick! Nice job (y)

Reactions: Marc
Wow, this looks awesome! Like everybody else said, this’ll take some getting used to, but I already love the look of it! Very clean and modern interface, and easy to maneuver, too! :D

Edit: I think I found a bug, all of my Private Conversations in the SB were wiped. Was that intended in order to update the site properly or something?

Edit: I think I found a bug, all of my Private Conversations in the SB were wiped. Was that intended in order to update the site properly or something?
We had to install a fresh version of the add-on instead of "upgrade" it, so no data was carried over for the chat.

@Marc
Somehow I discovered that I owned the Custom Background option.
Was that intended?

@Marc
Somehow I discovered that I owned the Custom Background option.
Was that intended?
There's no real way to just disable it without removing it completely, so I left it there. Everyone should be able to see it atm.

It looks good but one question, where is the CP count? It'll take a bit to get use to the new lay out but still looks very nice. Good job. :thumbsup:

The site looks amazing (I was very surprised when I logged in haha)! It will take time to get used to it but it's fine.

Looks like I found another bug here on the SB. When someone posts YouTube videos on the chat, some of the texts that's typed in the chat afterwards got blocked, and I confirmed it when using Firefox atm. Can this be fixed?

So I've decided further test thanks to @Sky, and found some evidence that this YouTube glitch that I mentioned weeks ago occurs when the SB's display mode is set on any modes except for "Below breadcrumb" and "all pages".

8U0QY54.png

Note the red circle that I marked there.

I think all of the Youtube issues should be resolved now.

When will the dark theme be finished?
just asking

Back