Nintendo 3DS and battery life

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Oh, alright.

Now, I can reduce power consumption more! Yay.

On the home page, there's a little sun icon. You use that to dim the screen. Also, you can do it through settings I believe.

On the DSi, one could decrease the brightness while in a game by holding select and changing the volume. Pretty effective. Would have been nice if the 3DS could have done that.

Reactions: Nuke and Kaynil
I get at least 3 hours of battery with my Regular 3DS. I think the older models have better battery life than the new ones. :D

I have a 3DS XL. It has good battery life.

On the DSi, one could decrease the brightness while in a game by holding select and changing the volume. Pretty effective. Would have been nice if the 3DS could have done that.
The GBA/GBA SP/GB Micro had that too.
But you can pause the game and change it from the HOME menu in the 3DS so I don't mind.

Well, my 3DS battery can resist 5 hours...

I usually try to keep the brightness midway or lower depending if i am inside or outside.
I also like using headphones to use less volumen. I reserve the 3D if i am not charging.
I am happy the default charger has a long cord, I play with it charged as mucha s I can, but generally if I have to take it out in stand by is not biggy.

It is annoying your battery can die so quickly if you don't pay attention to those details. It has happened before to me, while I was waiting for hours and I ate my battery life way too quickly. Now I try to make sure I have it charging when i am not using it.

I have a 3DS XL. It has good battery life.

Can it fit in your pockets?

Can it fit in your pockets?
I must have big pockets...Yes, it does.

I must have big pockets...Yes, it does.

I suppose they can enter on "medium size" pockets...

Back