Nintendo Badge Arcade FREE GAME

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
Nintendo has just released there "Badge Arcade" where you can play a mini claw game to get "Badges" to decorate your home menu. When you start you get 5 free plays to get some badges, but after that you can wait for every day to get 3 free tries or pay $1.30 for 5 tries.

Reactions: frandarre, Tho and 2205
Oh YES! Finally! I was wondering when it will be available on our side!

I'll have to pick this up soon and go on a customisation rampage... ._.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Oh YES! Finally! I was wondering when it will be available on our side!

I'll have to pick this up soon and go on a customisation rampage... ._.
I know! I wish that it was less expensive maybe $1.00 for 10 tries instead of 5 for $1.30

Thanks for the great news! I've been waiting for this for a long time! Who even needs themes when you can use badges to personalize your system menu?

Neat :3
It was a pretty awesome idea to have these badges to decorate the Home Menu
but I'm definitely not paying anything :p

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Scratch my excitement from before! This thing really sucks! First of all, at the moment there are no good pins available. Second, in the tutorials alone, half the sentences are about you paying to get more tries! It's like it's constantly saying "gimme money, gimme money, gimme money, gimme money..." and also incredibly annoying! Third, the most important part, you can only put pins in the software slots in the home menu, limiting what you can do and limiting the space you have for software at the same time! Almost my entire home menu is choked full of Virtual Console and digital games, apps and so on, meaning I'll have to delete many things in order to customize it as I like! That though is for me, so I don't know about all of you. Still, it would be much better if you could just freely pin them anywhere you like, on both screens too! Fourth, while the game will offer free themes, you can access them ONLY if you pay and the more you pay, the more themes are unlocked, but it's not worth it to spend money on something like that! Finally, prepare to spend at least 5 minutes waiting, because the loading times are just plain terrible! Every time you leave a crane, you have to wait for ~30 seconds for it to save and then more loading times here and there!

Despite all that, there are a few good things too, but still not enough to justify the negatives. One, you can get icons that can replace the regular icons for the camera, MiiVerse, etc.. Two, if you use your brains a bit, it's possible in almost every level to earn more than just one pin per try (eg: I got 5 pins in 1 try)! Three, while it doesn't say you will get 3 tries per day, it does mention you'll get some free ones every now and then, but it's possible to get some extra tries every day by playing the practice crane and you are lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ and 3dsatackman
With that and Pokemon Shuffle, it's tempting to spend all of my hard-earned money for it . . . but I'm smart enough to know my limit.

Reactions: Mikaya
One good thing about this game is that you dont have to pay and you still can get some cool items to decorate your home menu. and @Tho if you change what you are playing on there are all kinds of badges Link, Zelda, Inklings, Mario, and a bunch more. It is annoying though how after you use your free plays you get the"Do you want to switch over to played mode" speech every time.

Last edited:
One good thing about this game is that you dont have to pay and you still can get some cool items to decorate your home menu. and @Tho if you change what you are playing on there are all kinds of badges Link, Zelda, Inklings, Mario, and a bunch more. It is annoying though how after you use your free plays you get the"Do you want to switch over to played mode" speech every time.
I know that there are a lot of pins, but almost all of them are really bad, if not terrible! Also, why does only Japan get Pokemon pins? It's not fair! And that thing with the game constantly asking for money is incredibly annoying too! It feels as if the entire app was made just for money!

With that and Pokemon Shuffle, it's tempting to spend all of my hard-earned money for it . . . but I'm smart enough to know my limit.
Why would anyone spend money on Pokemon Shuffle? There is absolutely no need to! I haven't paid a single cent on Shuffle and I have ~30000 coins and make ~5000-7000 per day (or ~15000 on Sundays)!

The entire app was made for money, I think it's pretty clear with the micro transaction system. It's up to you to pay or not, but keep in mind that the app is completely free, it's your decision to pay or not later.

The reason why Japan gets the Poke ones might be because the app has been in Japan for a while now, so it makes sense that they have more things at this point.

Reactions: Kakea and 3dsatackman
The entire app was made for money, I think it's pretty clear with the micro transaction system. It's up to you to pay or not, but keep in mind that the app is completely free, it's your decision to pay or not later.

The reason why Japan gets the Poke ones might be because the app has been in Japan for a while now, so it makes sense that they have more things at this point.
I thought they forgot to include Pokemon badges,I hope they put in Mother(Earthbound) badges later!

Why would anyone spend money on Pokemon Shuffle? There is absolutely no need to! I haven't paid a single cent on Shuffle and I have ~30000 coins and make ~5000-7000 per day (or ~15000 on Sundays)!

The most amount to win from a beaten stage is 30 coins. It would take 167 wins to reach 5000, and that isn't possible if you wait to play again. You may either Streetpass a lot of people, use dummy 3DSs to get Streetpasses, or you may find a beaten level that earns more than 30. What exploit did you used to earn that amount?

Ow be expecting more badges to come our way, in japan they have been releasing them at such a fast pace that it wouldn't be possible to ever collect them all for free. @Tho you can make folders or just place all your apps to the side (kinda of the screen, you might want to zoom out) so that you see your art when you power on, and than conveniently can get to your apps/games.

Never mind on what I posted. I know about one certain stage that has coins to match. That helps a lot. Still, 130 coins will take 39 wins. It sounds probable to me, but will take the rest of my day. Still, it's a lot more giving than Badge Arcade.

Ow be expecting more badges to come our way, in japan they have been releasing them at such a fast pace that it wouldn't be possible to ever collect them all for free. @Tho you can make folders or just place all your apps to the side (kinda of the screen, you might want to zoom out) so that you see your art when you power on, and than conveniently can get to your apps/games.
I already use lots of folders and I don't like zooming out (I have it as zoomed in as possible)! It's just that some things I play or use too often make it inconvenient to have in folders! I won't zoom it out more than two lines, so I still need to make a considerable amount of space!

Never mind on what I posted. I know about one certain stage that has coins to match. That helps a lot. Still, 130 coins will take 39 wins. It sounds probable to me, but will take the rest of my day. Still, it's a lot more giving than Badge Arcade.
BOTH Mewoth levels reward lots of coins. In the regular one (stage 37 or 39, I can't remember), it starts with 3 coins and then there are two more that appear as disruptions. If you match 3, you get 100 coins, if you match 4, you get 300 coins and if you match all 5, you get 500 coins! That's 5000 coins in 10 tries! Just focus on pilling them up in the last row and waiting for all 5 to appear. Then match them and then finish it off with the last move! I suggest you use Mega Medicham / Mega Lucario (you could use Gallade too) and 3 other Pokemon with 35 base power, all maxed out (Lv.10)!
As for the Sunday one, the speed at which it spawns the coins is relevant to the speed you are matching the Pokemon. Go with either Mega Mewtwo and 3 Pychic Pokemon with Mega Boost or Mega Banette and Lampent, Chandelure and Haunter. Levels don't matter at all, just focus on mega evolving as soon as possible and then just trigger the megas! Use just the +5 moves item and you will get around 5000-7000 every time!

BOTH Mewoth levels reward lots of coins. In the regular one (stage 37 or 39, I can't remember), it starts with 3 coins and then there are two more that appear as disruptions. If you match 3, you get 100 coins, if you match 4, you get 300 coins and if you match all 5, you get 500 coins! That's 5000 coins in 10 tries! Just focus on pilling them up in the last row and waiting for all 5 to appear. Then match them and then finish it off with the last move! I suggest you use Mega Medicham / Mega Lucario (you could use Gallade too) and 3 other Pokemon with 35 base power, all maxed out (Lv.10)!
As for the Sunday one, the speed at which it spawns the coins is relevant to the speed you are matching the Pokemon. Go with either Mega Mewtwo and 3 Pychic Pokemon with Mega Boost or Mega Banette and Lampent, Chandelure and Haunter. Levels don't matter at all, just focus on mega evolving as soon as possible and then just trigger the megas! Use just the +5 moves item and you will get around 5000-7000 every time!

It's stage 37. Also, that's a good idea for the regular stage. I'll try that. As for the Sunday one, I knew about it. I used to use Mega Gengar, but ever since I won that Banettenite, I have been using Mega Banette. Perfect with other Ghost Pokemons, and better with Mega Boost abilities.

I think I might have another objective for collecting things with this one now...
I did like how you can get customizable badges to put on your 3DD Home menu however you want with the ones you got from the claw machine,but the factor that I have to wait until the other day to maybe get more free plays at the Practice Machine from non-Dummie badges does sadden me a bit,especially that certain badge machines are only available for a certain period of time as I heard.Taking that aside,it is a nice way to change your menu a bit with some icons of familiar characters and environments. :)
That host rabbit is pretty entertaining too. :p

Who needs badges and themes when you have Custom themes? :sneaky:

Who needs badges and themes when you have Custom themes? :sneaky:

Really? How? Do you have to hack the 3DS to do so?

Really? How? Do you have to hack the 3DS to do so?
You might be a little late to do that depending if you updated YouTube and your console. What you could've done was download custom-made themes and use them by using an exploit (i.e ironhax or ninjahax) to access the 3DS Homebrew Menu and using a custom theme manager (preferably CHMM2), you could use your downloaded themes.

And @Tho, there's a way to add pins without deleting your software. It's called making a folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 532
Back