Nintendo: We have failed to establish Wii U as a "worthy" Wii successor

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

This is a news thread I just wanted to give you a look also to see what you think.

President Satoru Iwata says "We have so far failed to make propositions worthy of Wii U's position as a successor to the Wii system."
The Wii U has struggled so far, selling 3.91 million units globally since launch, below Nintendo's expectations for the platform. Part of the difficulty of getting the platform off the ground comes down to Nintendo's inability to release games and services that demonstrate the Wii U's novelty relative to the original Wii, president Satoru Iwata has said.

"Except for its backward compatibility with existing Wii software and accessories, we have so far failed to make propositions worthy of Wii U's position as a successor to the Wii system," Iwata said during Nintendo's second quarter financial results briefing.

Wii Sports Club for Wii U and Wii Fit U, sequels to "defining" Wii games, are now available in Japan. These titles should help spur sales in Japan and abroad, but success won't come overnight, Iwata cautioned.

"I remarked a while ago that it is difficult to change our prospects with just one title. Our objective for Wii U for the upcoming year-end sales season will be to dramatically change the environment surrounding Wii U with multiple key titles that can appeal to a wide range of consumers," he said.

The "key title" and "central pillar" for Wii U this holiday season, Iwata said, is Super Mario 3D World, which will be released on November 22. Other games that Nintendo has high hopes for are Wii Party U (ideal to play at New Year's holiday gatherings, Iwata said) and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

Nintendo will also release Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in December, before high-profile games like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. arrive in 2014.
I don't think they failed at all, when games like Mario Kart 8 ,Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. releases their rates will boost, I have a strong feeling about that, its a great console, wonderful games are to be release, and as Mr. Satoru Iwata stated it won't gain popularity overnight, lets just see how the Ps4 and Xbox One will do when Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 releases.

Anyways let me know what you think about this dilemma Nintendo is experiencing.

Reactions: Meta
Actually, I think they failed a lot.

1. Big lack of games at release date
2. No fully explanation of the console (For example, it has a SSD and you can connect an HDD for play game)
3. Bad - lack of marketing
4. Releasing without knowing at all the competence
5. A lot of people don't like the tablet controller and there's no full compatibility with the Game controller pro.

I can tell more.

It was bound to fail because it's not next-gen it's not even a threat to the Xbox 360/PS3 let alone the Xbox One/PS4. It's an epic fail.

It was bound to fail because it's not next-gen it's not even a threat to the Xbox 360/PS3 let alone the Xbox One/PS4. It's an epic fail.

Wii U is next gen.
Video games generations isn't about power at all.

With that logic, 3DS isn't next gen neither.

Talk bout bashing hard to the Wii U but great comments, I think the Nintendo Wii U will sell greatly when Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart releases, I don't really mind the Game Pad, but I think Nintendo will have another price drop mainly because sales are bad, sales triple with the price drop so if they do another it will give them more popularity.

The Wii U might not be selling well right now, but just watch how sales will skyrocket after Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, and many more great games come out for it. The Wii U is basically going through what the Nintendo 3DS went through when it was first launched. When the Nintendo 3DS was first launched, everyone said it was doomed, but look at it now, it's doing really great! I'm sure the Wii U will do great in the future, let's just give it some time.

Reactions: Reece
Wii U is next gen.
Video games generations isn't about power at all.

With that logic, 3DS isn't next gen neither.
So...who said 3DS is next-gen? 3DS has previous-gen written all over it. If it weren't for First-party titles 3DS would be doomed by now. PS Vita is next-gen with those powerful specs.
Each generation is all about raw power. You can just dish out an underpowered console and hope it to be successful. 360/PS3 are more next-gen than the WiiU.

So...who said 3DS is next-gen? 3DS has previous-gen written all over it. If it weren't for First-party titles 3DS would be doomed by now. PS Vita is next-gen with those powerful specs.
Each generation is all about raw power. You can just dish out an underpowered console and hope it to be successful. 360/PS3 are more next-gen than the WiiU.

Mmm... Okay...
Every one has its own opinion so I should stop complaining.

But I should say the Wii U is powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
And 3DS is more powerful than PSP.

@Marc, what do you think?

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Mmm... Okay...
Every one has its own opinion so I should stop complaining.

But I should say the Wii U is powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
And 3DS is more powerful than PSP.

@Marc, what do you think?
PSP is like really old, it was more powerful than the DS. Vita and 3DS came out as competitors and Vita is more powerful.
Wii U so far seems like below or equally powered as the 360/PS3. It hasn't impressed anyone yet. At least the Wii had a personal casual niche.

Remember devs have more than 5 years of experience with PS3 and 360. And less than one with Wii U.
The last gen is clearly optimized if we remember how it started.

PSP is like really old, it was more powerful than the DS. Vita and 3DS came out as competitors and Vita is more powerful.
Wii U so far seems like below or equally powered as the 360/PS3. It hasn't impressed anyone yet. At least the Wii had a personal casual niche.
The PS Vita is a great portable device, I must say, but because of Sony, I think they are underestimating it ,is making it sales to go down the drain, they haven't brought out many outstanding games, why, the PS Vita is capable of so much yet they don't use it's power to an advantage at all in any way, most of the PS Vita games are multi platform, you see most of the games on the PS3, if you have a PS3 already whats the sense of playing some of the number one games on the Vita but its available and you played it already for the Ps3, that's why I must admit I am a Nintendo Fan Boy, they haven't brought out anything attractive that feels different, a lot of people mentioned it in reviews also, it literally feels like Sony pushed the PS Vita in a corner, not paying much attention to it. I was extremely disappointed for Sony's show at E3 2013, because the PS Vita area was rushed down, like they just wanted to get over and done with it. Sorry if its so long, the reason why is that I had so many good experiences with the PS2 now I am very upset with what Sony is currently doing.

Remember devs have more than 5 years of experience with PS3 and 360. And less than one with Wii U.
The last gen is clearly optimized if we remember how it started.
Devs are not interested in Wii U at all. I've heard that top devs have said we don't want to make games for Wii U because it's not profitable.
The PS Vita is a great portable device, I must say, but because of Sony, I think they are underestimating it ,is making it sales to go down the drain, they haven't brought out many outstanding games, why, the PS Vita is capable of so much yet they don't use it's power to an advantage at all in any way, most of the PS Vita games are multi platform, you see most of the games on the PS3, if you have a PS3 already whats the sense of playing some of the number one games on the Vita but its available and you played it already for the Ps3, that's why I must admit I am a Nintendo Fan Boy, they haven't brought out anything attractive that feels different, a lot of people mentioned it in reviews also, it literally feels like Sony pushed the PS Vita in a corner, not paying much attention to it. I was extremely disappointed for Sony's show at E3 2013, because the PS Vita area was rushed down, like they just wanted to get over and done with it. Sorry if its so long, the reason why is that I had so many good experiences with the PS2 now I am very upset with what Sony is currently doing.
PS Vita isn't going anywhere, it's powerful and there will be many games for it down the road specially when PS4 comes out and Remote-play thing will be awesome. I'm no Sony fanboy, I hate Sony but I love the Vita.

PS Vita isn't going anywhere, it's powerful and there will be many games for it down the road specially when PS4 comes out and Remote-play thing will be awesome. I'm no Sony fanboy, I hate Sony but I love the Vita.

So you will buy PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One?

Reactions: Reece
So you will buy PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One?
Haven't decided yet, so far the games for Xbox One seem better to me but I'll wait at least an year to see how it plays out.

Haven't decided yet, so far the games for Xbox One seem better to me but I'll wait at least an year to see how it plays out.

I am a nintendo fanboy but Xone doesn't really call my attention because of 1st party (yes I do know Halo, Gears) but the PS4 has better 1st party and pretty much the same 3rd party support.

I am a nintendo fanboy but Xone doesn't really call my attention because of 1st party (yes I do know Halo, Gears) but the PS4 has better 1st party and pretty much the same 3rd party support.

I think the same about the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.

PlayStation 4 first party games are more varied (there's variation between Ratchet & Clanck, My Little Big Planet, God of Ware, Uncharted, etc)...

Xbox One first party game (and exclusive ones) are 80% shooters.

Xbox One first party game (and exclusive ones) are 80% shooters.
Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising, Killer Instinct. None of these games are shooters, Xbox One titles are much better than PS4's at least for the moment.

Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising, Killer Instinct. None of these games are shooters, Xbox One titles are much better than PS4's at least for the moment.

Mission complete!
Your Xbox fan boy side is awaken again! :D

Or the PS4 fan boy and Nintendo hater side was other guy? :p

Anyways, Ryse looks really good, I think it's the best looking game with Final Fantasy XV in the next gen.

Sadly with other games, at 720p and 30fps, it's like the actual gen :|

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Mission complete!
Your Xbox fan boy side is awaken again! :D

Or the PS4 fan boy and Nintendo hater side was other guy? :p

Anyways, Ryse looks really good, I think it's the best looking game with Final Fantasy XV in the next gen.

Sadly with other games, at 720p and 30fps, it's like the actual gen :|
I am confused about this entire thing now, I should have thought better before making a thread like this but anyways its a good topic that needs to be discussed.

I am confused about this entire thing now, I should have thought better before making a thread like this but anyways its a good topic that needs to be discussed.
Lol instead of discussing about the Wii U future, we got into a should i buy xone or ps4 thread

Back