Phoenix Wright No Physical Release for Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It turns out that there will be no physical release for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destines in North America and Europe. The game will only be available as a digital download via Nintendo eShop.
As part of this, we made the decision to release on digital only in the west in order to take manufacturing time out of the equation and allow the release date to be as early as possible. So the answer is, no, Dual Destinies will be a digital download-only release in the west.
Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantist...oducer-motohide-eshiro-answers-your-questions

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Kaynil
I think that's even better, now if they would only drop the price for it considering it will have no packaging and stuff.

Well either way I still plan on getting it but I doubt it will be on release though.

I've never played this game or even heard of the series. What's it about? Lol

You are a defense attorney and you try to get not guilty for your client. It is a fun and funny series. The first 3 are on the DS or available on the Wii Shop Channel under Wiiware.

It shows that publishers think there isn't enough support for it to warrant a physical release. At least it's getting localized.

Well, don't care anyways....

I will get the digital release with or without the physical release.

While I am not hurry, I would like to buy this game at some point.
I am glad I upgraded my SD card. :giggle:

While I am not hurry, I would like to buy this game at some point.
I am glad I upgraded my SD card. :giggle:

I have a 10 class 32 GB SD Card :whistle:

Cool. You're at the limit.
No need to worry to have it full anytime soon. :rotfl:

I'm still with my 2GB card that came with the 3DS. The manual was so confusing I'm afraid of changing it.

Well, I read that the game will cost $29.99. That makes sense for a digital release. I'm happy with the price better than a retail release.

Well, I read that the game will cost $29.99. That makes sense for a digital release. I'm happy with the price better than a retail release.

Yeah, I read that too. Also, I'm happy with that price!

But you will have other 10 bucks of DLC :D

Yeah, I read that too. Also, I'm happy with that price!

But you will have other 10 bucks of DLC :D
Yeah a DLC is possible but still it's a great saving compared to a retail game. They cost somewhere from $40 to $60.

I prefer my games physical than digitally. Sucks that Japan got a boxed copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and we didn't...

Yeah a DLC is possible but still it's a great saving compared to a retail game. They cost somewhere from $40 to $60.
I don't think that is because of it being a digital copy. Usually retail and digital prices are very close, still that price is very attractive.

I'm still with my 2GB card that came with the 3DS. The manual was so confusing I'm afraid of changing it.
It is not difficult, you simply pass the content as it is from one memory card to the other, if you don't alter it the 3DS won't have problems recognizing it. I already gave it a go. Something good to know is that any working SD card bove 2GB are called SDHC (Secure Disc High Capacity - this threw me off guard at first) and any of them are within the 3DS capacity to handle. I got myself a 16GB and I find it to be appropriate.

If you want this ace attorney or possibly other games digitally, or simply more space for the videos, images, music, etc. It is worth it to get it out of your hair. :)

Reactions: Marc and 18
I prefer my games physical than digitally. Sucks that Japan got a boxed copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and we didn't...
Well, just be grateful that it's not an exclusive Japan only game. At least it's coming out in the U.S and digital is always better.

It is not difficult, you simply pass the content as it is from one memory card to the other, if you don't alter it the 3DS won't have problems recognizing it. I already gave it a go. Something good to know is that any working SD card bove 2GB are called SDHC (Secure Disc High Capacity - this threw me off guard at first) and any of them are within the 3DS capacity to handle. I got myself a 16GB and I find it to be appropriate.

If you want this ace attorney or possibly other games digitally, or simply more space for the videos, images, music, etc. It is worth it to get it out of your hair. :)

Thank you for such a detailed reply. I'll dig back to this post when I want to get a bigger SD card for my 3DS :)

Thank you for such a detailed reply. I'll dig back to this post when I want to get a bigger SD card for my 3DS :)

Remember of getting the fast one, class 10.
Class 4 = 15 seconds for start.
Class 10 = 3 seconds for start.

Back