NoA removing petting from Fates.

• Thread starter Pokechamp
  • Start date
Pokechamp

Pokechamp

Robobot Armor...engage!
Towns Folk
I honestly don't have anything wrong with this. I mean, everyone nitpicks at the little things in censorship when the whole game IS STILL THERE!

I heard a lot about this act. Many of my friends disapprove of it, but I don't think removing one minigame/feature should make an entire game not worth playing anymore. But then again Japan does tend to get the better end of the stick when it comes to these games.

I'm neutral within this censorship. I have no issues having this feature removed because I don't think it'll be too relevant in the game and, yeah, it can be misinterpreted in so many ways. But at the same time, it bothers me that we're having one LESS feature in comparison with the Japanese version.
Well, I just hope that they don't end up removing too much, and that the story and most of the gameplay remains intact.

But at the same time, it bothers me that we're having one LESS feature in comparison with the Japanese version.
^ This.

Does anyone have a video of the feature in action?

^ This.

Does anyone have a video of the feature in action?
Here's a video with Shara:

Reactions: Marc
I am disappointed with the removal of a couple features but this feature is not one of them for a few reasons:

1. It's a mini game about PETTING PEOPLE! It's like Poke-amie but has a more molester feel...

2. You can dress 13 year old girls in extremely revealing clothes and then going on to pet them, what the hell Nintendo? Hopefully even Japan finds that creepy.

Reactions: manugutir and J9794

So... that was a bit creepy, and as @Bobcam7! mentioned is practically poke-amie with people. However, I don't like it one bit that they are taking stuff out of the game before releasing it outside of Japan D:.
And finally, that Shara is totally gonna be one of my regular characters just because of how similar she looks to the amazing Tharja.

Somehow I know that I don't want to know what she was saying...

Dude i just had to scrub my eyes out with an SOS pad, oh my god oh lord kill me please oh my.
But personaly, as my comment implies, im cool with this. Really! Like, it is just so... creepy. Like, why would they put that in the game in the first place. What were they thinking?!?! It's so... creepy. Not to mention they just stole it from pokemon Amie... which stole it from something else most likly. This is a game for children, and most of these censors are just to keep us kids from stumbling into something we wish we had never seen or heard about.

Nooo i want to pet Niles OTL
I really liked the way it was animated, especially since most characters probably won't even be in the cutscenes ;_;

I did think it was weird you could pet anyone, though(including siblings OTL).

Last edited:
2. You can dress 13 year old girls in extremely revealing clothes and then going on to pet them, what the hell Nintendo? Hopefully even Japan finds that creepy.
Don't get your hopes up on that. It is Japan, after all lol

It's slightly disappointing, but it shouldn't be to the point where this one minimal removal kills all of a person's enjoyment of the upcoming FE games, if this is in fact real. Stuff like this has happened with other games like Xenoblade X (removal of 'chest size' customization option) in the past. It's part of the localization process. Then again, FE IS rated T, not E. xD

I'm neutral within this censorship. I have no issues having this feature removed because I don't think it'll be too relevant in the game and, yeah, it can be misinterpreted in so many ways. But at the same time, it bothers me that we're having one LESS feature in comparison with the Japanese version.
Well, I just hope that they don't end up removing too much, and that the story and most of the gameplay remains intact.
That is true it is one less feature and i do support the notion of no censorship in games as i believe that the makers put a lot of time and effort into these things and cutting something for PR reasons in kind of a stab in the back. While all this is true i think there is no reason for people to be upset about the removal of this feature, if you think about it its just something you would have done once or twice and then never touched again (no pun intended) just like most of us did with pokemon ami.
If someone does want to spend a lot of time petting someone then yes for them its a loss but most people who are buying the game would get bored of the feature pretty quick.

I would have wished for it to stay in game if and only if:-
1. it boosted sales so that we could keep getting new fire emblem games.
2. it was a way to grind supports quickly.

I don't mind it myself, since it has little use unless if you just want a Pokémon-Amie x FE vibe, or if you want to grind support way faster than usual (Yes, sorry @Cloud, but it allowed you to grind supports way faster than farming challenges with same pair-ups), but I know that a few friends of mine are actually a bit annoyed by the removal of features in the Western version.

Well, maybe they'll compensate by adding something else instead (though we might be wrong, it's rare that Nintendo adds something over censured content).

I don't mind it myself, since it has little use unless if you just want a

Well, maybe they'll compensate by adding something else instead (though we might be wrong, it's rare that Nintendo adds something over censured content).

Aww thats such a bummer, mainly because i love watching support convos and it gets annoying to grind them up by my 3rd or 4th play through, i was willing to have to do some awkward, love plus X Pokemon ami X fire emblem tasks if it got them faster.

i dearly hope they add an item or something to replace that feature (like an upgraded seed of trust)

but knowing nintendo
a) there will be no replacement
b) if there is a replacement it would either be too little or too much, basically broken

P.S: i think for those who still want to experience the feature there are programs online that is exactly the same as the one in game. (Or there will be ) that allow you to do that.

Last edited:
Aww thats such a bummer, mainly because i love watching support convos and it gets annoying to grind them up by my 3rd or 4th play through, i was willing to have to do some awkward, love plus X Pokemon ami X fire emblem tasks if it got them faster.

i dearly hope they add an item or something to replace that feature (like an upgraded seed of trust)

but knowing nintendo
a) there will be no replacement
b) if there is a replacement it would either be too little or too much, basically broken

P.S: i think for those who still want to experience the feature there are programs online that is exactly the same as the one in game. (Or there will be ) that allow you to do that.
Good news is it seems like everything except the petting is there which means they still can be invited and still bond and chat (a sentence or two but still) :p

I don't care too much but I hope we get a little extra things since we're probably losing more features.

I don't exactly see why it was added in the first place tbh but oh well xD

Good news everyone!
th

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/4/10920292/fire-emblem-fates-petting-skinship-localization-change
So according to Polygon, the interaction and petting is removed, HOWEVER the animations the people give and the support bonuses are kept intact, although you cant rub people anymore, and i thought that was creepy anyways. You just invite someone into your room, talk to them, and you get the support bonuses. They are dubbing it "skinship". I think nintendo did the right thing here, after all Japan has been known to have their... strange sexual fantasys... and this was definatly one of them. Thank god nintendo of america, you did the right thing.
I posted this in another thread anyways, just wanted to let everyone know.

Reactions: manugutir
Good news everyone!
th

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/4/10920292/fire-emblem-fates-petting-skinship-localization-change
So according to Polygon, the interaction and petting is removed, HOWEVER the animations the people give and the support bonuses are kept intact, although you cant rub people anymore, and i thought that was creepy anyways. You just invite someone into your room, talk to them, and you get the support bonuses. They are dubbing it "skinship". I think nintendo did the right thing here, after all Japan has been known to have their... strange sexual fantasys... and this was definatly one of them. Thank god nintendo of america, you did the right thing.
classic japan, them and their strange, strange, animated game universe. but still hype for this game anyway.

Reactions: InfiniteDream and BlazingPhoenix
Good news everyone!
th

I much prefer this to... petting people like they're my Nintendog. Although I'm not sure what "skinship" is supposed to mean, but doesn't matter to me. :)
The age of consent in Japan is 13, so they probably don't find it creepy at all. Entirely different culture, although I must say I don't agree with it. :p

Back