NS success or fail

• Thread starter Retro The Dutchie
  • Start date
Retro The Dutchie

Retro The Dutchie

THE GALAGA GOD (if i had a Galaga machine XP)
Towns Folk

Success. By BARE MINIMUM, I say at the very, VERY least, the switch will be a moderate success for nintendo in the long run, and at leeeeast 30 million across its entire lifetime. A more accurate prediction would be 60 - 80 million lifetime in units, and at MAXIMUM with optimism 100 million.

I can see it easily selling over 60 million, actually.

It only really needs main Zelda, Mario and Pokemon games to absolutely take off - the rest will come as sales increase, like the 3DS, which got these and succeeded in spite of having a veeery rocky start. After that, both first and third party support will increase dramatically, and sales, too.

Reactions: 423
Is over 20 million units sold a success? If so, then yeah - I'm fairly certain it will succeed (though I'm hoping for much more sales than that :jimlad: ). Their advertisement, exposure, and explanation of the Switch itself was excellent this time around, so that should definitely help in sales. I even think Nintendo will hit their End-of-March sale goal of 2.5 million units.

#NintendoSwitchMasterRace

Reactions: Blue Knight
I think Nintendo Switch would bring success once again, considering that the marketing seems to cater with several casual and competitive area of gaming even on its first reveal, and that works to the point that the initial reveal trailer has been on trending pages in YouTube for days, even in my country. Even though I'm not sure if I can predict how much NS will be sold with, but given how Nintendo's doing it recently, it won't be hard to sell well as long as they have many supports and all.

I definitely think that the Switch is set up for success. There's still a market for mobile Nintendo consoles and I think that Nintendo will have no trouble selling the system. With that being said, I don't think they will be able to match the success of the original Wii. The big question is whether or not they will be able to get the solid 3rd party support that they used to have.

Reactions: 423
At least they did the marketing right this time. And with it's hybrid form I thing it'll appeal to a lot of people.

It'll be a big success. Kimishima said they expect it to sell around 100m lifetime - very optimistic, I don't see it selling that much. But I do think it'll sell around the same as 3DS which is at about 70m right now.

This is all of course assuming mainline Pokemon games become Switch exclusive. If not, you can knock a solid ~15m off my prediction.

I think it'll be a big success its already has great games and more coming.Nintendo wants a market in mobile gaming and I think that Nintendo will have no problem selling the console. All they have to do is increase production.

The Nintendo Switch is going to fail.
It doesn't have a Resident Evil game lined up.

No console that was not somehow associated to Claire Redfield has ever succeeded.

I hop the Nintendo Switch will be a success because Nintendo is starting to die if the Nintendo Switch is not a success. Nintendo should start making there games for pc and mobile devices there game would get played more if the did.

Its likely a fail, though if this were to happen, Nintendo is entirely done with making any form of hardware.

I say it will fail due to its connection to certain enthusiast brands. The idea of a new "fad" buzzes the internet, but after thats over, unless there is other strong factors, the product is screwed. This appeals to a limited audience due to its high price, little games, and a shrinking popularity.

Kimishima is only making it worse with dlc, higher costs, and a delusional mindset that they have actual "third party," which isn't true considering Skyrim, a 6 year old game, and a crappy fifa port are the big ones.

Reactions: 18
Its likely a fail, though if this were to happen, Nintendo is entirely done with making any form of hardware.

I say it will fail due to its connection to certain enthusiast brands. The idea of a new "fad" buzzes the internet, but after thats over, unless there is other strong factors, the product is screwed. This appeals to a limited audience due to its high price, little games, and a shrinking popularity.

Kimishima is only making it worse with dlc, higher costs, and a delusional mindset that they have actual "third party," which isn't true considering Skyrim, a 6 year old game, and a crappy fifa port are the big ones.
Except that it won't sell because of it being a "fad", that's only to push marketing. The Wii only sold at first due to motion controls and Wii Sports. The DS as well, but what kept them floating afterwards was the first-party games (given that Nintendo has, bar none, the strongest franchises of any publisher), and that's an area the Switch is even bigger with - having all of Nintendo's IPs focused in it.

Furthermore, Kimishima being convinced of third-party support isn't unwarranted, even if the thing is weaker, as soon as it starts selling, it'll get third-party support regardless, that's how the market works right now, lol.

The only issue you mentioned that's really valid is pricing. Those Pro Controllers are insane.

The only issue you mentioned that's really valid is pricing. Those Pro Controllers are insane.
as soon as it starts selling, it'll get third-party support regardless

as soon as it starts selling
issue [...] pricing.
Oh boy, I'd love to see how these go together.

Oh boy, I'd love to see how these go together.
The console itself is affordable, it's the accessories that are expensive so :p

The console itself is affordable, it's the accessories that are expensive so :p
Not every kid who wanted to play Xenoblade bought an N3DS. Unless they make accessories on demand (this is rhetorical) they will face losses on hardware. Probably gonna have to pull a 3DS on the price then. The Switch doesn't have a straw to clutch on. The Switch is going to fail, and deep down, you know it too.

Not every kid who wanted to play Xenoblade bought an N3DS. Unless they make accessories on demand (this is rhetorical) they will face losses on hardware. Probably gonna have to pull a 3DS on the price then. The Switch doesn't have a straw to clutch on. The Switch is going to fail, and deep down, you know it too.
Nintendo sells at a profit instead of at a loss (unlike sony and microsoft) on console launches, which is one of the reasons WHY they CAN lower the price if sales blunder. The marketing and the way nintendo is selling the switch makes it a lot harder for it to fail anyways, and since the marketing for the Wii U was garbage compared to Switch's ad campaign is night and day. That being said, they better be careful and watch out for what they are doing with the console. As for now I'm cautiously optimistic and I have doubts about it being a failure.

The Switch is going to fail, and deep down, you know it too.
Cool story, I'll be keeping this quoted, if you don't mind, lmao.

Cool story, I'll be keeping this quoted, if you don't mind, lmao.
You should screenshot or email this thread to yourself so that you can look at it again in six years and die of cringe.

!Remind Me 2,190 days Did the switch fail???

Back