Original Wii

• Thread starter PLLTwistedKid
  • Start date
PLLTwistedKid

PLLTwistedKid

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Does anyone still use the original Wii Console anymore?
I kind of miss the nunchuck control.
It was inventive.

I like how Nintendo keeps inventing new things and sometimes can outshine the other consoles.

I have several games on the Wii.

I actually liked Wii Sports Resort,

So who still plays it and if so, what game or games do you play on it?

Reactions: Starry Windy and AricAttack
I have an original Wii but I just use it as a SSBM slave... that count?

Reactions: PLLTwistedKid
I have an original Wii but I just use it as a SSBM slave... that count?
So is that the only reason you still have the original Wii?

Reactions: coolflare
I got the Wii in summer 2010 as a late birthday gift and used it maybe 20 times in total, lol. Not that I don't like it and got some interesting games as well to play on it but for a reason or another I always neglect the poor console. :unsure:

But I'm gonna start Okami mid-July and clear some backlog onto this one too.

So is that the only reason you still have the original Wii?
Pretty much. I prefer playing Melee on my CRT over an emulator any day.

I did used to have mine, Until I gave it away to my cousins years ago. I had no use for it since the Wii U kinda took over, back then. It's a shame they rarely even play it, though, Seems like a waste. I wouldn't ask for it back, Because that's just plain rude. xd

I would like to relive some of the old games I used to have, Like Nights: Journey of Dreams and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I had a bunch of virtual console games too, Such as Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

I still have mine , but I haven't played it in over a year. The last game I played on it was probably Okami, I always loved that game. I do miss the control set up at times, but I'm far too lazy to re hook everything up again.

I remember playing games such as Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl on it. I still have the wii to this date and am playing Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on it.

It had some good games and services and unique controls but I don't really miss it. It's memorable for being one of the most popular Nintendo systems but by the time you get online and play Brawl it wasn't that good. Especially because finding an opponent was impossible but that may have been the game's fault. I haven't tried MKWii to see if that was less laggy but it doesn't matter anymore because the online service ended. I think the best games on the Wii were the Wii Sports games, Mario Galaxy 1-2 and maybe Pokémon Battle Revolution. Other than that other systems shine when it comes to similar games to the ones in the Wii library.

Oh yeah I remember Pokemon Battle Revolution! I remember trying to connect my DSi to it... But it never worked sadly.

Mario kart wii online was a blast, and thier is still some games I wanna get for it. I play em all on my wii u, but still. About a year ago I bought rhythm heaven fever and im still having a blast.

Mario kart wii online was a blast, and thier is still some games I wanna get for it. I play em all on my wii u, but still. About a year ago I bought rhythm heaven fever and im still having a blast.

I never played Mario Kart Wii online sadly, but I hear it was really fun.

I still have my original Wii, including the box! Some great memories with that thing, but unfortunately the disk drive is starting to break. Doesn't read smash and probably other games will follow.

I still have my original Wii, including the box! Some great memories with that thing, but unfortunately the disk drive is starting to break. Doesn't read smash and probably other games will follow.

Awww that sucks. My disc for New Super Mario Bros Wii works surprisingly. That disc had been through a lot.

Reactions: Duffy
Awww that sucks. My disc for New Super Mario Bros Wii works surprisingly. That disc had been through a lot.
Luckily my disc for New Super Mario Bros. Wii works as well. That game is super fun, one of my favorite platformers of all time. It was a great logically upgrade from the DS version.

I never played much of the DS version of it, but wasn't it the most selled DS game?

Yes, if I feel like it. The Wii is one of my favourite consoles of all time, to be honest my favourite version of the Wii was the 25th Anniversary Super Mario Wii (even though I don’t have that version). The Wii looks so majestic on that stand thingy, I actually have a copy of the Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort game but the CD-ROM is mysteriously missing.

Yeah, I still use my Wii from time to time when I want to go back and play a classic. Just the other day, I went back and played through the whole game of Twilight Princess, which was actually my first time. It was a fantastic game, and a i always keep my Wii hooked up in case I want to go back and play an old favorite of mine.

Yeah, I still use my Wii from time to time when I want to go back and play a classic. Just the other day, I went back and played through the whole game of Twilight Princess, which was actually my first time. It was a fantastic game, and a i always keep my Wii hooked up in case I want to go back and play an old favorite of mine.
Lots of people hate on Twilight Princess on the Wii but I find nothing wrong with it. The motion controls are a bit clunky but not really a problem overall. Really good game.

Reactions: Samster
Lots of people hate on Twilight Princess on the Wii but I find nothing wrong with it. The motion controls are a bit clunky but not really a problem overall. Really good game.
I thought it was really well made. The story was great, and the controls felt nice, tbh. Don’t know why people don’t like it. :eek:

Back