[OUTDATED] HomePass: StreetPass in your home

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get any streetpass in 3 mac addres :(

When testing the connection, is it right to get connection to the access point but no internet connection?

Nop, your internet connection should be working...

I didn't use Streetpass long time ago so I don't know if this method still working or not.

Hi everyone,

I am new here -just created an account to post in this thread- and I have a problem with this method.

I followed to the letter the steps posted by Erixsan in the first post of this thread -using a Windows 7 computer and the latest version released of MAC Cycle v5 MAX- and, while the 3DS does detect and connect to the attwifi connection, it doesn't either connect to Nintendo Zone nor does it receive Spotpass information. I can browse the web with the 3DS connected to the attwifi connection -I changed the name of my usual Wi-Fi connection to avoid redundancy, so I know the attwifi connection is working- but when trying to use Nintendo Connection it states that "Error Code: 013-9202 Could not connect to Nintendo Zone. Please try again later."

I've already resetted the connection as suggested in the tutorial, as well as disabled the Windows Firewall to see if this changed the issue, but to no avail; I can't get any Spotpass info!

Anyone has had a similar experience? Anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

-Commanderraf

Yes, this method works for streetpass only.
Spotpass and NZone won't work due the password of the wifi.

If you have internet (using the browser or eShop) it worked.

Did you have your wifi network lan card installed before inputting the
netsh wlan show drivers code? I am wondering if a wifi card has to be installed first in order to get "Hosted Networked Supported : YES response" I just did it just to try it and it said no wireless inteface is on the system. What wifi card did you use? Can you provide an amazon link?

I am really close.... my 3DS connects to the access point and gets to the internet side (Saturn looking planet)....going back and forth then get a connection error :dead:. Password is set to homepass and Im wondering if it has to do with the security type setting. Its currently on WPA2-PSK(AES) on my 3DS. My firewall is disabled too...so close!

....by the way I am using TP-LINK TL-WN781ND

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN...1396479868&sr=8-1&keywords=TP-LINK+TL-WN781ND

Last edited by a moderator:
Will someone be able to hack me if i change some properties of my router?

I am really close.... my 3DS connects to the access point and gets to the internet side (Saturn looking planet)....going back and forth then get a connection error :dead:. Password is set to homepass and Im wondering if it has to do with the security type setting. Its currently on WPA2-PSK(AES) on my 3DS. My firewall is disabled too...so close!

....by the way I am using TP-LINK TL-WN781ND

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN781ND-Wireless-Express-Low-profile/dp/B003AAW1SG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396479868&sr=8-1&keywords=TP-LINK TL-WN781ND

I don't know.... maybe it must be that...

Will someone be able to hack me if i change some properties of my router?
I don't know sadly.

Last edited:
I wanna try this method, but i am afraid that it might not be safe, my dad is going to be mad at me if i messed up his wifi router

I'm having that problem too, 3ds seeing the NintendoZone but not getting any passes.

Hi! I'm having different issues trying to set this up. I changed my wan mac address to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 and my ssid to attwifi, turned off all security and am able to get on the nintendo zone from my 3ds (2 of them) but neither of them pulls in any street passes. I tried to do it the way you said on here, but my computer doesn't show the hosted network=yes... so do you have any ideas what else i can try to do? Please and Thank you! :)

Reactions: 3dsatackman
@Erixsan might have forgot about this topic, :bag:

Reactions: ErixSan
@Erixsan might have forgot about this topic, :bag:

Sorry, but I found one week ago that this method doesn't work anymore...
I tried to do it for myself but it doesn't work for me neither...

I can't find the new method, so I will update the main thread.

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back