Overrated Anime

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
Which anime do you think is overrated? This doesn't mean their bad, but means that they get more attention then they deserve. Please state it in the comments.

all in opinion
bleach- A lot of my friends and people say its good and some of them even have it as their favorite anime but I just can't get what's so good about it, I've tried watching it and reading the manga but it just gets too boring for me. Too much action and the main story just gets old

Beware: unpopular opinion ahead :bookworm:

Don't get me wrong -I enjoyed watching Attack on Titan A LOT-, but I have the feeling that it overshadows equally good anime a bit, which kinda annoys me. I don't think it's really overrated, more over-hyped and overcosplayed if that's even a word :bag:

Naruto, I never really understood what the fuss was about, and I tried it, and understood even less...

Reactions: Mikaya
Okay, here goes...
Naruto, AoT, and DBZ (to a lesser extent, as it's not quite as popular as the other two) all for the same reason (s) : bland, dull, boring, etc. Please keep in mind this is only my opinion. :cat:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica! Definitely overrated by the Japanese! I remember all polls being won by this anime.
It is also the time of nuclear meltdown in JP and one of the staffs even said he is ok going into the nuclear plant (for a rescue or check) as he have seen the last episode of this anime so he can rest in peace!
I watched this anime for 2-3 episodes and I didn't really get interested.. Not my type maybe

Bakemonogatari is also one of overrated anime in my opinion. I mean I like it, it is unique, but I don't think it is that great to be honest.

Haikyuu is another one! Because the author, Haruichi Furudate is famous prior to this anime/manga being released. This anime is very famous (at least in Japan, they are everywhere). This is a great anime I must admit. I loves it. Though, I prefer some anime over it. I'd like to watch it more but then I don't really have time so I tends to go for other anime.

I think Dragon Ball Z is overrated. Not sure why it gets so much love other than making the fighting genre so popular.

I haven't watched Attack on Titan but there is no way it isn't overrated lmao

I think Naruto and Bleach get their fair share of hate.

Ah...not sure but I know at my school Soul Eater is huge and everyone is obsessed with it. I liked it too but I feel at my school at least it's overrated.

I'd say Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh (I know there are people who still rave over it).

I love Attack on Titan...but I have to agree that's it's big...now I'm gonna go watch it :p

Naruto, Space Bebop, Attack on Titans, Sword Art Online, One Piece, Inyuasha (spelled that wrong but #YOLO!!) and Death Note

Naruto, Space Bebop, Attack on Titans, Sword Art Online, One Piece, Inyuasha (spelled that wrong but #YOLO!!) and Death Note
Space Bebop lel, Cowboy Bebop may be overrated, but that's only because so many people give it the praise it deserves.

Reactions: Ashkil
Death Note

Please give me at least 2 good reasons why Death Note is overrated...

...Or I'll write your name in the Death Note :sneaky: kekekekekekekeh

Beware: unpopular opinion ahead :bookworm:

Don't get me wrong -I enjoyed watching Attack on Titan A LOT-, but I have the feeling that it overshadows equally good anime a bit, which kinda annoys me. I don't think it's really overrated, more over-hyped and overcosplayed if that's even a word :bag:

Yeah, I can agree. I love it too, but I have to agree with you. People do cosplay it quite a bit, too. What animes would you say are equally as good, though? By the way, I love your signature. It's absolutely adorable.

Yeah, I can agree. I love it too, but I have to agree with you. People do cosplay it quite a bit, too. What animes would you say are equally as good, though? By the way, I love your signature. It's absolutely adorable.
There are a lot of animes I think are equally good, but most of them are in a completely different genre, which makes it a bit hard to compare and select one. But I enjoyed a few animes more than Attack on Titan, but I'd never say AoT is not good, since it's still an amazing show imo :)
And thank youuuuu ^_^

There are a lot of animes I think are equally good, but most of them are in a completely different genre, which makes it a bit hard to compare and select one. But I enjoyed a few animes more than Attack on Titan, but I'd never say AoT is not good, since it's still an amazing show imo :)
And thank youuuuu ^_^

Yeah, it is rather hard to compare and select one. Attack on Titan is an amazing show and I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. You're welcome, by the way. Everyone's faces are priceless. XD

Reactions: Moon Rain
I never understood why Naruto is so overrated. Maybe its because of its status as a gateway anime, but there are tons of better shows to begin your anime quest lol.
Also as much as I like AoT, its sudden popularity surprises me as well.

Well for current anime I'm watching I would have to say Tokyo Ghoul otherwise everything has been said already.

Woah there, slow down. Space Bebop? Cowboy Bebop is unquestionably the greatest anime of all time. It completely blows every other anime out of the water.

I would say SAO, but its 2015 and that would just be me beating a dead horse, I'll probably have to go with Kill La Kill, while I can respect it for actually being an ambitious self aware parody of the shounen/magical girl genres, after a while the series kind of just becomes what it's trying to make fun of and doesn't really regain its senses til the climax, its a decent show but certainly not the "savoir of anime", everyone was claiming it to be.

I would say SAO, but its 2015 and that would just be me beating a dead horse, I'll probably have to go with Kill La Kill, while I can respect it for actually being an ambitious self aware parody of the shounen/magical girl genres, after a while the series kind of just becomes what it's trying to make fun of and doesn't really regain its senses til the climax, its a decent show but certainly not the "savoir of anime", everyone was claiming it to be.

I think Kill la Kill was a lot better for people like me who watched it without any expectations or real knowledge about the show. At its heart all it was meant to be was a fun somewhat self-aware action anime (the nosebleeds were pretty hilarious).

Back