Pac-Man Confirmed!

• Thread starter srgs
  • Start date
srgs

srgs

3DS FC: 0430-8596-8893
Towns Folk
Pac-Man was recently announced in this video:
The fact that Namco-Bandai was taking part in developing this game pretty much confirmed his appearance prior to his official announcement. How he fought was in question, however. Now, we finally know.
Personally, I like the addition of this new character. His moveset is completely unique, taking elements from old arcade games(some that I obscurely remember playing).

gross

Eh, I suppose I can't complain. I guess I was somehow hoping they'd use his 8-Bit form as I think his 3D model is hideous.

Pac-Man Hungers for Battle.

Reactions: PrimeHunter
Sonic, mario, megaman and pacman in the same game. Back in the 80s and 90s if anyone said this happen they would be called insane :p

He looks good though.

I was expecting this anyway.

Why the hell would anybody want to play as Pac-Man? He didn't even have legs/arms in the original arcade game but they just gave him limbs for fighting in SSB4.
I remember playing a game on Sega where Pac-Man also had limbs and it was kinda like an RPG. Don't remember it's name but he should've sticked to it instead of messing with brawlers in fighting games.

That's really weird from Nintendo to add Pac-Man in a SSB game. At least, he doesn't have his latest design, he have the one from Pac-Man World.

I'm still surprised, though.

If Pac-Man is there, where's Mr. Game & Watch on the Smash Bros. website?

Last edited:
Guess I was proven wrong! I was 100% positive that Pac-Man in Super Smash Bros 4. wasn't gonna happen. I had no idea what his move-set could of been... but this is why Mr. Sakurai is the director of SSB: his move-set looks pretty good, it's a blend with his old-time arcade moves, mixed with his present (Ghostly Adventure) moves. I really like it, and I'm relieved he didn't have the character design similar to "Ghostly Adventures", it's more of an old-school/retro feeling.

I think Mr. Sakurai is making this a pattern. Every game he includes an old-time classic legend, that everyone knows. I won't be playing as Pac-Man though, but it's nice to see him in the game. I'm really surprised.

Why the hell would anybody want to play as Pac-Man? He didn't even have legs/arms in the original arcade game but they just gave him limbs for fighting in SSB4.
I remember playing a game on Sega where Pac-Man also had limbs and it was kinda like an RPG. Don't remember it's name but he should've sticked to it instead of messing with brawlers in fighting games.

Actually Pac-Man had limbs long before SSB - the original arcade art actually shows him with them. Pac Land from the early 80's was (I think) his first title with in-game limbs as it was a platformer.

I'm not surprised by his joining the cast, and think he'll make a great addition! :)

Reactions: srgs
I have many things to say about this. For one that is Pac-Man World Pac-Man (from PS1 Pac-Man World and GCN Pac-Man World 2...). The arcade Namco characters/ things from the game are interesting to see (that Galaga alien ship was in one of Sakurai's screenshots before) and the 3D Retro Pac-Man was a nice touch. I'm not surprised because Pac-Man is iconic and Mega Man is iconic and Super Smash Bros. is the biggest, baddest, most fun Nintendo game of them all. I remember playing Pac-Man well with not only the TV plug-in one but the PS1 Pac-Man game in Namco Museum (and that other race like game with the flags and Galaga). Time to bust out the arcade games kids because Pac-Man is going to go old-school on you. :D

After hearing that, i didn't know if he would fit in smash, but after watching the trailer he looks great. I like how he can become 2-d peac man too.

Pac-Man looks awesome. can't wait to try him out just as a fun character XD he looks like he will be a very successful character

Wow Pacman is the Man so cool

And before I forget I'd like to say G&W hasn't been officially announced on the website (which is updated btw) but in the video at the end he appears so we're definitely going to have G&W as a playable character I think. The one stage Pac Man is seen on besides his classic stage is Pac-Land, which has been on dozens of old consoles and is, like TAG said, the first game where he gained limbs.

I truly think Pac-Man is gonna be a great character in this edition of Super Smash Bros. I also love how we have four video game companies, and their most iconic characters being in one game battling it out. We have Mario(Nintendo), Pac-Man(Bandai-Namco), Megaman(Capcom), and Sonic(Sega). I really do think this is going to be one great game for both the 3DS and Wii U. I am kinda thinking this will also boost the Wii U's sales.

I think it's pretty cool to have Pacman included in the roster, and he does look to gel in with the rest of them pretty well, but I don't think I can see myself playing with him all that often.

Its nice to see that they are branching out to characters from other companies. Besides, who wouldn't want just eat to opponents? :p (Me)

At least we didn't get the PAC-man with a voice. That would' ve been freaky, but just an opinion

Its nice to see that they are branching out to characters from other companies.
Namco-Bandai is taking part in working on the game, so it would only make sense for a character from that to join in the game.

At least we didn't get the PAC-man with a voice. That would' ve been freaky, but just an opinion
His voice in PacMan World 3 isn't freaky at all.

Back