Pikmin in your backyard! ^o^

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hello everyone! P2.0 here with another one of my 'what if' moment/discussion thingie I pulled from my imagination. :p Today, er, tonight's topic is, cue drumroll...... PIKMIN! :D

Some of you already remember these little guys, especially the standard colored ones, and possibly the new ones:
Red Pikmin: With their distinctive pointy noses, and red bodies. Able to withstand fire.

Yellow Pikmin: With them big adorable ears. :p When thrown, are able to sail higher than normal, and can withstand electricity.

Blue Pikmin: The only ones who can breathe underwater. Notice their gills?

Purple Pikmin: The more burly, heavier Pikmin. Can lift objects with the strength ten standard Pikmin. And weighs just as much as ten Pikmin.

White Pikmin: Small, fast, and extremely poisonous. They can sense where things are buried, and can help move things faster than other Pikmin.

Rock Pikmin: Rock solid! :D ( S-sorry. ;-; ) Er, these guys can't be crushed, or skewered, and they really hurt if they're thrown into something. But they can't latch on to stuff, cuz, well...They rocks. .3.

Winged Pikmin: These guys actually have wings, and can hover/fly! :D ( They're so cute, GOSH! >.< ) Although they're slightly weaker than most of their kindred, they're no slouches!

And of course Bulbmin and Puffmin, but those don't count. :p

Anyways, where am I going with this, you ask? Well, here's the thing: What is one day you went to your backyard, and saw a single leaf, much like how Pikmin are when they've just sprouted coming up? And upon pulling it up, you discover a Pikmin! Seeing as how you pulled it up, it sees you as its master, and decides to follow you. What do you do from there? There could be an onion around, or maybe even others...

Reactions: Samster and (deleted member)
What an interesting question! I don't know when this would happen to me though since I almost never go outside >.<
If I did find some Pikmin in my backyard, I think I'd have a pretty great time with some new pet pals! I won't be lonely and will have some friends to mess around with, feed, take to the park (If there was actually a park anywhere nearby, which there isn't >.<), and play video games with. However, I'll probably feel really guilty for the next few weeks if one of them dies. Their little ghost things pluck at the guilt-strings ;~; Other than that, I'd think I'd love life with Pikmin, at least until mass re-population happens and several animal control vans show up at my house >.<

Reactions: P2.0
What an interesting question! I don't know when this would happen to me though since I almost never go outside >.<
If I did find some Pikmin in my backyard, I think I'd have a pretty great time with some new pet pals! I won't be lonely and will have some friends to mess around with, feed, take to the park (If there was actually a park anywhere nearby, which there isn't >.<), and play video games with. However, I'll probably feel really guilty for the next few weeks if one of them dies. Their little ghost things pluck at the guilt-strings ;~; Other than that, I'd think I'd love life with Pikmin, at least until mass re-population happens and several animal control vans show up at my house >.<
Even if they did, they'd protect ya! But I know how ya feel, I hate seeing them die, it's so sad. ;-; Although...I don't think Pikmin just...die. At least not naturally, I think. It usually has to be when they get attacked, burned, drowned, flattened, etc, etc. I think you won't have to worry about them kicking the bucket. :thumbsup: Unless some dog gets to em'. ;~;

Reactions: Leviathinian
This is actually a really interesting question!I'd imagine having a pretty good life with them.The only thing i'd think could kill them would be the rain, since they can't go in water or they drown (IF they aren't blue pikmin at least) I don't think my dog would eat the Pikmin by the way XD. If anything my dog might be intimidated by them but we'd just have to teach the dog some manners

This is actually a really interesting question!I'd imagine having a pretty good life with them.The only thing i'd think could kill them would be the rain, since they can't go in water or they drown (IF they aren't blue pikmin at least) I don't think my dog would eat the Pikmin by the way XD. If anything my dog might be intimidated by them but we'd just have to teach the dog some manners
Well, maybe not eat them. Maybe like bite em', and shake them around a bit. But yeah, you could train the dog to see Pikmin as allies. That'd be super neat! :3 And yeah, rainy days maaaaay be a problem for everyone, except the Blue Pikmin. They'd just be standing in it, looking up like: \: D/

If pikmin were in my back yard, they'd probably have trouble the ants that live there. (Let's remember how tiny these creatures are. Using Olimar as a mesurment - which he's as big as a quarter. They'd be half his size.)

If pikmin were in my back yard, they'd probably have trouble the ants that live there. (Let's remember how tiny these creatures are. Using Olimar as a mesurment - which he's as big as a quarter. They'd be half his size.)
But we're using our measurements rather than his in this scenario. So instead of being half the size of a quarter, maybe, let's say, they'd be a bit taller than a toddler, maybe?

Reactions: Ace
Ah, okay. (Wish you started with that.) well they'd be real handy for hauling chopped wood to our hoops\piles when winter comes around again.

S-sorry, I sorta thought that was obvious since I said it was our backyard. ;-; But yeah, they'd be great helpers with a few tasks, especially hauling stuff at work places, and on the destruction committee. :p Although I've never seen them build anything, so that may be a problem. :hilarious: But maybe they can be taught to do that in time, then that knowledge can be transfered on down to the next Pikmin, should something happen to the first ones.

Reactions: Ace
When people think about pikmin they're actually kinda like servents. When you think servants you probably think them doing your chores and homework :hilarious:

They probably would destroy some things at the beginning because that's what they do, but again, we have lots of teaching to do to the pikmin and our pet in general so it's all good.I'm a little worried about the mischievous though. Every type of race has some mischievous types and those are harder to teach ;-; so are the ones with bad behavior.

All the pikmin would be dead if they were in my backyard... lawn mower's are fun to destroy things with.

if pikmin were in my backyard they would probably be dead because I maybe would stepped on them by mistake. Oops ;.;

I'd create a slave army of Pikmin and take over the world. Because being evil is waaaaaaay more fun then using them for good.

Oh my gosh, what a great question! <3

I would initially be shocked (wouldn’t anybody), but I wouldn’t hesitate to welcome it into my life. But, instead of him protecting me, I would protect him. I’d never be able to see him die. ;-;

And hey, good point about the Onion. Maybe I could find one if I searched hard enough. Maybe, maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd throw them at people. I'd imagine they'd also be pretty tasty too so I'd probably put them all in the fridge and duct tape the door shut except the white ones because they'd probably be poisonous and the Rock ones I'd leave them outside as a decoration. I'm sure they are immune to the lawn mowers too.

Hello everyone! P2.0 here with another one of my 'what if' moment/discussion thingie I pulled from my imagination. :p Today, er, tonight's topic is, cue drumroll...... PIKMIN! :D

Some of you already remember these little guys, especially the standard colored ones, and possibly the new ones:
Red Pikmin: With their distinctive pointy noses, and red bodies. Able to withstand fire.

Yellow Pikmin: With them big adorable ears. :p When thrown, are able to sail higher than normal, and can withstand electricity.

Blue Pikmin: The only ones who can breathe underwater. Notice their gills?

Purple Pikmin: The more burly, heavier Pikmin. Can lift objects with the strength ten standard Pikmin. And weighs just as much as ten Pikmin.

White Pikmin: Small, fast, and extremely poisonous. They can sense where things are buried, and can help move things faster than other Pikmin.

Rock Pikmin: Rock solid! :D ( S-sorry. ;-; ) Er, these guys can't be crushed, or skewered, and they really hurt if they're thrown into something. But they can't latch on to stuff, cuz, well...They rocks. .3.

Winged Pikmin: These guys actually have wings, and can hover/fly! :D ( They're so cute, GOSH! >.< ) Although they're slightly weaker than most of their kindred, they're no slouches!

And of course Bulbmin and Puffmin, but those don't count. :p

Anyways, where am I going with this, you ask? Well, here's the thing: What is one day you went to your backyard, and saw a single leaf, much like how Pikmin are when they've just sprouted coming up? And upon pulling it up, you discover a Pikmin! Seeing as how you pulled it up, it sees you as its master, and decides to follow you. What do you do from there? There could be an onion around, or maybe even others...
Pikmin was a lot of fun! But I don't have a backyard, so I guess this would have to happen when I'm visiting relatives. Hmmm what would I do? I would most likely get them to do tasks for me. Like make the Red Pikmin cook for me, the Blue Pikmin idk clean the house or something? I prefer doing the dishes myself. The yellow pikmin... ummmm Idk. Maybe get meta and play Pikmin on the GameCube? I don't know lol :p.

Oh and maybe make them get stuff for me! I would make the Rock Pikmin and Purple Pikmin (or White Pikmin???) do that cuz I'm afraid that the other Pikmin will get crushed. Pikmin are very small after all! A remote control would probably crush them lol. I would hate to see them die :panda:. I would also take care of the Onion if I found one! It's very important. Maybe make something like a mini ecosystem on a flower pot? A large flower pot looks like plenty of space for all the resources a pikmin needs. I would probably invest on a balcony type thing with the glass fence so that they don't fall off too.

Pikmin was a lot of fun! But I don't have a backyard, so I guess this would have to happen when I'm visiting relatives. Hmmm what would I do? I would most likely get them to do tasks for me. Like make the Red Pikmin cook for me, the Blue Pikmin idk clean the house or something? I prefer doing the dishes myself. The yellow pikmin... ummmm Idk. Maybe get meta and play Pikmin on the GameCube? I don't know lol :p.

Oh and maybe make them get stuff for me! I would make the Rock Pikmin and Purple Pikmin (or White Pikmin???) do that cuz I'm afraid that the other Pikmin will get crushed. Pikmin are very small after all! A remote control would probably crush them lol. I would hate to see them die :panda:. I would also take care of the Onion if I found one! It's very important. Maybe make something like a mini ecosystem on a flower pot? A large flower pot looks like plenty of space for all the resources a pikmin needs. I would probably invest on a balcony type thing with the glass fence so that they don't fall off too.
Lol, I was smiling the whole time reading this. This response was really cute. :bag: You sound like a good owner, the Pikmin would be in good hands if you took care of them. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Lol, I was smiling the whole time reading this. This response was really cute. :bag: You sound like a good owner, the Pikmin would be in good hands if you took care of them. :thumbsup:
Thanks! :love:

Ok, so obviously you would take these guys, and since they rely on organic food to survive/reproduce, the best way to do that is just to go make a garden so that the little guys can get their froots and vegs. Obviously you would want to assign them tasks to give them meaning in their life, but love and care for them as if you created them yourself. These Pikman would also need some good training, whether it be pitting them against an object that they have to cross or challenge them to some puzzles. Maybe create a way that you can communicate with each other, that way it isn't so hard to understand them. The best part about all of this would probably be that we can just have a wonderful time together, teach them how to play video games, and maybe they will have fun. Or maybe teach them how to understand English, that would be sooo cool. The best part would be in the end, where you have your amazing Pikman friends, fully trained so that if anything happens, they will be ready for it, and to adapt properly.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and P2.0
Back