PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a crossover fighting video game, the game was developed by SuperBot Entertainment in conjunction with SCE Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 andPlayStation Vitavideo game consoles.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a fighting game, which takes some inspiration from Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series. Up to four players can battle each other using characters from various Sony franchises. There are, however, differences in how opponents are defeated. During the game, players damage other players to receive "AP" orbs that build up a power meter at the bottom of the screen (These orbs can also be found on the stage over the course of the match). Earning enough power allows players to use one of three levels of super moves which can be used to defeat opponents and earn points. The game features cross-platform play between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions.

Here is the list of characters that are available in the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale roster:

(There was also DLC content but was unable to show that due to the 20 Images content rule)​

Here is a video of the gameplay of the game:

What do you guys think about this game, PlayStation3/Playstation Vita users, will you get this game?

I know what most of you all are currently thinking, this game does have a strong resemblance to the Super Smash Bros. saga, so let me know what you think about that topic also.

I think this was a really bad copy of Super Smash Bros.

Also the game was extremely unbalanced, they showed the new Dante, missing very classic Sony characters... and a big abuse of the DLC system.

I think this was a really bad copy of Super Smash Bros.

Also the game was extremely unbalanced, they showed the new Dante, missing very classic Sony characters... and a big abuse of the DLC system.
I too think it looks like a cheesy copy of the Super Smash Bros. game, I heard that, a lot of people was annoyed about that Dante, and I think they should and could have added better characters, people like Crash not those guys, I only know about 5 of those character on the roster.

yeah, too bad Sony wasn't more serious with this as it could have been great. But with the studio that was making this shut down I doubt there will be more.

yeah, too bad Sony wasn't more serious with this as it could have been great. But with the studio that was making this shut down I doubt there will be more.
It could have been great but Sony wasn't creative enough when they were making the game, the characters were a flaw, I think they could have done better, it look pretty rushed down.

I already had this a loooong time ago, and I though it was good. The special moves were pretty interesting, and the levels too. For the storymode, they repeated the levels with each character you started the storyline with. It's a great SSB knockoff designed for Sony players.

I already had this a loooong time ago, and I though it was good. The special moves were pretty interesting, and the levels too. For the storymode, they repeated the levels with each character you started the storyline with. It's a great SSB knockoff designed for Sony players.
Well yeah, most of Sony lovers/players would love this game totally, it would have been better if they implemented better characters though, did you like the characters? I heard a lot of positive reviews from people who played it but I don't think I will ever plan to get this game, I would of, if the characters were better, and beside I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii, so it doesn't make much sense, do you think there is lot of difference, or is Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale a total copy of the Super Smash Bros. titles ?

It's not really an SSB knockoff. It's more of a game centered around "final smashes" being the main way to gain points (you know, the thing that a bunch of competitive people complained about). Kinda ironic that they made it that way.

It's not really an SSB knockoff. It's more of a game centered around "final smashes" being the main way to gain points (you know, the thing that a bunch of competitive people complained about). Kinda ironic that they made it that way.
Have you seen the gameplay? I think it looks pretty much like a Super Smash Bros. knockoff, the whole idea was based on it, the only thing that is different is the power gauge where you get your Final Smash, and that's it.

Have you seen the gameplay? I think it looks pretty much like a Super Smash Bros. knockoff, the whole idea was based on it, the only thing that is different is the power gauge where you get your Final Smash, and that's it.
I have seen the gameplay, and that's where my argument comes from. The difference between All Stars and SSB is exactly that: the power gauge. Rather than the focus being on knocking the character off the stage, the focus is on beating up the enemies to power up the power gauge and activate the final smash. It makes the final smash mandatory rather than helpful.

It's not a knockoff, but it's a terrible variation.

I have seen the gameplay, and that's where my argument comes from. The difference between All Stars and SSB is exactly that: the power gauge. Rather than the focus being on knocking the character off the stage, the focus is on beating up the enemies to power up the power gauge and activate the final smash. It makes the final smash mandatory rather than helpful.

It's not a knockoff, but it's a terrible variation.
That's a better way to explain the game, a terrible variation compared to Super Smash Bros., the power gauge is a pretty lame concept, I think that game had a great chance of succeeding, but they made it to be a huge flaw, I bet Nintendo laughed when they saw that game.

That's a better way to explain the game, a terrible variation compared to Super Smash Bros., the power gauge is a pretty lame concept, I think that game had a great chance of succeeding, but they made it to be a huge flaw, I bet Nintendo laughed when they saw that game.
Not to mention that a bunch of the characters were unrecognizable. Although then again it's probably because Nintendo makes its game exclusives very well known

Not to mention that a bunch of the characters were unrecognizable. Although then again it's probably because Nintendo makes its game exclusives very well known
Well, I had no idea who most of these characters on this roster are, they look so confusing and not Sony, and yes, I would think the Nintendo exclusives are well published, Nintendo always choose good characters from their long list of games as well.

Well, I had no idea who most of these characters on this roster are, they look so confusing and not Sony, and yes, I would think the Nintendo exclusives are well published, Nintendo always choose good characters from their long list of games as well.
Yeah, the thing is Sony doesn't have too many exclusives to draw from as some of their best games are multiplatform games (like Assassin's Creed). They had to draw from older characters for some of the roster

Yeah, the thing is Sony doesn't have too many exclusives to draw from as some of their best games are multiplatform games (like Assassin's Creed). They had to draw from older characters for some of the roster
I agree but characters like Crash should have been there, I know they don't have a wide bin to choose from but they could have totally done better.

I agree but characters like Crash should have been there, I know they don't have a wide bin to choose from but they could have totally done better.
yeah definitely. It was probably a ditch attempt to make a game that could be popular for all we know lol

yeah definitely. It was probably a ditch attempt to make a game that could be popular for all we know lol
Yeah, but otherwise the game had potential but it did not come through, sadly, actually as a Nintendo lover, I wanted this game to strive so their could have been a good competition between this and Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, but otherwise the game had potential but it did not come through, sadly, actually as a Nintendo lover, I wanted this game to strive so their could have been a good competition between this and Super Smash Bros.
To be fair, if the game was good, it would have definitely been a Smash Bros. clone and would have received a lot of negative media.

To be fair, if the game was good, it would have definitely been a Smash Bros. clone and would have received a lot of negative media.
Yeah, I never played it so I am mostly judging it by reviews and what I see, but I get what you are saying.

Yeah, I never played it so I am mostly judging it by reviews and what I see, but I get what you are saying.
Yeah, and I've got to play it for myself one time and it's definitely a very different feel from Brawl. More emphasis on chaining combos and all that than in Brawl.

Back