Pokemon Fun Facts!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Here are some Pokemon Fun Facts-
  • Wobbuffet is the only fully evolved Pokemon that can't learn any TMs
  • Illumise is the only Pokemon in Generation 3 whose name starts with the letter I
  • Magneton is made by three Magnemite, yet weighs 10 times more. Magnemite weighs 13.2 pounds, but Magneton weighs 132 pounds.
  • Every Eevee evolution has been owned by a main or recurring character in the anime. Except for Jolteon
  • Of all the Pokemon that can evolve, Sneasel has the highest base speed stat.
  • Raikou is the only legendary Pokemon Ash hasn't encountered in the anime or in one of the movies.
  • Deoxys was the first Pokemon to have its own unique battle music in-game
  • Every Spinda has a unique pattern of spots. In-game, there are exactly 4,294,967,296 possible outcomes (Not counting shiny).
  • Eevee is the only Pokemon that is given to you by an NPC in all four generations
  • In-game, Caterpie and Goldeen have the exact same cry
  • In terms of base stats, Shuckle and Munchlax are tied as the slowest non-glitched Pokemon in existence.
  • If Kanto's landscape were made to fit that of modern-day Japan, Saffron City occupies the space where Tokyo should be
  • Anime Giovanni's Persian is most likely Shiny; the fur seems normal, but the inside of its ears are pink instead of tan
  • As of Generation IV, Flareon is the only fully-evolved Fire-type Pokemon that cannot learn SolarBeam.
  • In Diamond/Pearl, Rain can appear on Route 213, but only if your DS clock is set to July 11, December 2, or December 31
  • Diamond/Pearl, the snow in Snowpoint will change to sparkling snow if your DS clock is set to January 12th
  • Emerald and Platinum are the only games where you can rebattle Gym Leaders
  • Arceus' Pokedex info says that it shaped the universe with its 1000 arms, yet it can't learn any moves involving punches or hands.
  • Back in R/B/Y, it was impossible to get a non-nicknamed Jynx by its real name. A guy in Cerulean trades it to you, but he nicknamed it Zynx.
  • Azurill can change genders when it evolves
  • Nintendo once got sued from a magician for naming Pokemon Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam. Nintendo won, of course.
  • Brock once caught a Tauros. But it was in one of the infamous "banned" episodes, so it was never mentioned even once after said episode
More TO COME :)

Reactions: CrazyElf and ErixSan
Interesting stuff... I will be waiting for more!

Update:-
  • All Pokemon Professors are named after trees.
  • The names for each of the three legendary birds ends in Spanish: ArticUNO, ZapDOS and MolTRES.
  • Wailord can breed with Diglet
  • Pikachu (Mouse Pokemon) has a pokedex number of 25, while Meowth (Cat Pokemon) has one of 52. Reverse those, and you can see that they are the opposite of one another, just like cats and mice
  • In the original Red and Blue versions of the game, you could tell the gender of a Pokemon by its Attack Rate and Defense Rate; this did not apply to legendary Pokemon.
  • If a Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow is uploaded to Pokemon Stadium, it will be voiced by Ikue Ohtani and have unique sound effects.
  • In Japan, the Pokemon move "Splash" did not exist; it was called "Hop," which explains why Splash is a Physical ability and not a Water one.
  • In the original Pokemon Red and Blue, it was possible to fish in any of the big statues inside Pokemon gyms.
  • It’s documented that the music in the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town prompted young people around the world to become suicidal.
  • Hypno, a Pokemon with the ability to hypnotize his opponents, has been known to kidnap children.
  • In Pokemon Red and Blue, a scary man appears on top of the Cinnabar gym if you surf along the East coast and don’t have the key to the town's gym.
  • Doduo can learn fly, apparently by moving its legs around very fast, as evidenced byPokemon Stadium.
  • In 2008, Japanese scientists discovered a protein and named it “Pikachurin” because it worked very well with electricity.
  • Munna is referenced in Pokemon Red and Blue by a female Pokemon trainer standing outside of Rock Tunnel; it is also referenced in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
  • The first Kadabra was actually a boy with psychic abilities who awoke one morning transformed.
  • Speculation by fans show that because your rival in Red and Blue had a Raticate during your battle on the S.S. Anne and did not in Lavender Town, that Raticate was actually killed during your battle.
  • It’s rumored that Mew and Ditto are nearly one and the same, but that Ditto is a failed version of Mew. They both weigh 8.8 lbs, know Transform naturally, are pink but blue when shiny, and can learn every move – if only temporarily for Ditto.

Here are some Pokemon Fun Facts-
  • Every Eevee evolution has been owned by a main or recurring character in the anime. Except for Jolteon
Who, that is a main or recurring character, owned a Vaporeon? Unless you mean Ursula's that showed up near the end of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

Last edited:
Who, that is a main or recurring character, owned a Vaporeon? Unless you mean Ursula's that showed up near the end of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

I guess..

Pokémon have even appeared on money.
It goes without saying that putting Pikachu on something is a license to print money, but the lovable electric mouse has literally been printed on money. In the South Pacific island of Niue, though they accept New Zealand currency, the government also prints its own cash, sometimes creating special runs of coins. In 2001, they put Pikachu on the back of their one dollar coin to celebrate the series. How many other games can say they appeared on official currency?

4748253fa6a61855d1727d2168d7e0bbb9ceeee8.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

That last fact is ... awesome! :woot:

And pretty interesting facts overall. Nice thread.

That last fact is ... awesome! :woot:

And pretty interesting facts overall. Nice thread.

Thanks, I sure hope I find more interesting facts :)

Lol Pikachu on money o.o I'd like to meet whoever decided to do that.

Reactions: Reece
I guess its the people of the South Pacific island of Niue, they look like die hard Pokemon fans.

Some Disturbing Pokemon Facts

Gothita Sees Dead People
It's disturbing enough that Gothita, this Pokemon's starting form resembles a baby that "stares at something only it can see," but once it evolves into Gothorita at Level 32, its creep factor gets sent sky high. With hypnosis mastered, the creature "steals people away at night." Whether it steals people away as offerings to the thing "only it can see" is impossible to know.

Spoink
Is Adorable, Until you learn that the springing isn't a sign of Spoink's rambunctious attitude, but required to live. That's right; if Spoink stops springing, he stops breathing. Stops doing pretty much anything, really. Try to imagine what kind of paranoia results when death is just a misstep away, and it suddenly becomes easier to understand why Spoink is also a kleptomaniac, ever pursuing a bigger and better pearl.

Delicious Nightmares
We don't know if there's something about Psychic type Pokemon that brings out the most troubling in the developers, but Drowzee is yet another hypnotizing critter that makes our skin crawl. The aptly-named Pokemon puts its enemies to sleep, so that it may more easily feast on its dreams. While that certainly places Drowzee under the 'odd' column among the series' more fun-loving Pokemon, it's actually based on the Japanese "baku"; spirits that fed on people's nightmares.

There Will Be Tears (Yamask)
As proof that not every Pokemon has a complicated or inspired name, we give you Yamask. It's a ghost, holding a mask. We don't mean that this Pokemon is a Ghost type, it is an actual ghost of a human being who has died; the mask it carries is a representation of the one it used to have while living. That bit of character history creeps us out for obvious reasons, but the developers went into even greater depth.

Some Disturbing Pokemon Facts

Gothita Sees Dead People
It's disturbing enough that Gothita, this Pokemon's starting form resembles a baby that "stares at something only it can see," but once it evolves into Gothorita at Level 32, its creep factor gets sent sky high. With hypnosis mastered, the creature "steals people away at night." Whether it steals people away as offerings to the thing "only it can see" is impossible to know.
Spoink
Is Adorable, Until you learn that the springing isn't a sign of Spoink's rambunctious attitude, but required to live. That's right; if Spoink stops springing, he stops breathing. Stops doing pretty much anything, really. Try to imagine what kind of paranoia results when death is just a misstep away, and it suddenly becomes easier to understand why Spoink is also a kleptomaniac, ever pursuing a bigger and better pearl.

Delicious Nightmares
We don't know if there's something about Psychic type Pokemon that brings out the most troubling in the developers, but Drowzee is yet another hypnotizing critter that makes our skin crawl. The aptly-named Pokemon puts its enemies to sleep, so that it may more easily feast on its dreams. While that certainly places Drowzee under the 'odd' column among the series' more fun-loving Pokemon, it's actually based on the Japanese "baku"; spirits that fed on people's nightmares.

There Will Be Tears (Yamask)
As proof that not every Pokemon has a complicated or inspired name, we give you Yamask. It's a ghost, holding a mask. We don't mean that this Pokemon is a Ghost type, it is an actual ghost of a human being who has died; the mask it carries is a representation of the one it used to have while living. That bit of character history creeps us out for obvious reasons, but the developers went into even greater depth.

Did you know Shedinja steals you soul if you look into the hole in its back? So if that is true, then every time you send it out to battle it steals your soul.

Reactions: Reece
Awesome facts! reminded me of some old memories from R/B, Emerald, etc Keep them facts coming, I wanna know more.
Pikachu currency ftw! :D

Did you know Shedinja steals you soul if you look into the hole in its back? So if that is true, then every time you send it out to battle it steals your soul.

Oh yeah, I was about to post that sometime. Some Pokemon facts are just disturbing.

Awesome facts! reminded me of some old memories from R/B, Emerald, etc Keep them facts coming, I wanna know more.
Pikachu currency ftw! :D

The currency one is awesome, I will surely update it from time to time. :)

I love fun facts.

Pokemon Fun Facts -
  • Bayleef is the tallest of any of the second-stage starter evolutions.
  • Some of Glalie's PokeDex entries say it has a hard body made entirely of rock, despite the fact that Glalie is an Ice-type
  • Corsola and Relicanth are the only Water/Rock Pokemon that are not revived fossil Pokemon
  • Eevee is the only Pokemon that is given to you by an NPC in all four generations
  • Heracross is the only Bug-type Pokemon able to learn Megahorn, even though Megahorn is a Bug-type move
  • G/S/C are the only games where the starters begin with hold items.
  • Zigzagoon and Aipom are the only Pokemon with the Pickup ability that can keep it when they evolve.
  • Magcargo's Pokedex entries say that its shell breaks easily, but in the anime, it retracts into its shell to protect itself.
  • Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are the only Pokemon that weren't previously related, then later gained a shared pre-evolution

This is a very unknown Pokemon fact I found while watching a video on how eyes work, facts ..etc

Here it is
Pikachurin-A protein that exchanges info between photoceptors in your eyes and brain, it is so fast scientists names it after the Pokemon Pikachu

My favorite fact so far, very interesting and quite unknown :)

This is a very unknown Pokemon fact I found while watching a video on how eyes work, facts ..etc

Here it is
Pikachurin-A protein that exchanges info between photoceptors in your eyes and brain, it is so fast scientists names it after the Pokemon Pikachu

My favorite fact so far, very interesting and quite unknown :)

I already know about that one.
There is also a protein called "Sonic hedgehog", for Sonic the Hedgehog :p

I already know about that one.
There is also a protein called "Sonic hedgehog", for Sonic the Hedgehog :p

Well I guess I am quite slow then :(

Back