Gen 4 Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

• Thread starter Arcanine
  • Start date
Arcanine

Arcanine

Just call me Arc
Towns Folk
Well that's one long title ^
So I'm going to be doing a Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke, to those who don't know what it is, it's basically a randomized nuzlocke. It will become more clear as we go along. I'm only randomizing Wild Pokemon and the moves of the pokemon, nothing else. Trainer battles and all that will remain the same. Let's review the nuzlocke rules that I'll be using :
. If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead, if you get a blackout it's gameover, even if there are Pokemon still left in the pc
. All Pokemon must be nicknamed
. I can only catch the first pokemon on a route, this rule doesn't count for shinies, gift pokemon and legendaries

These are the three main rules I'll be using. Also the Pokemon I'll be using will be based off my ID.
If you want to play along, I'm sorry to say I can't link you to the randomizer, ROMS or emulators.

Reactions: Furnix and Hikki
Wow, that's great :eek: I've always wanted to play Pokemon Platinum again! (I have 2 games but I want to keep the save files Dx) It was extremely fun and a randomizer sounds awesome. I think you should either post videos or screenshots, and make sure you post the whole thing.

I'm gonna be posting screenshots of course. I haven't started it yet..well actually I need to restart since I forgot to randomize wild pokes xD

I'm gonna be posting screenshots of course. I haven't started it yet..well actually I need to restart since I forgot to randomize wild pokes xD
Oh lol xD

So my starter is a totodile which is interesting, I've always been fond of totodile, sadly though, my rival got a turtwig, so this is gonna be just like the games, oh yeah, did I mention how...weird...totodile's moveset is
krIjqI8.png

Oh yeah my rival won, because movesets are randomized, which was bad news for me when turtwig just took me out with one wood hammer, I need nicknames for totodile

Reactions: Hikki
Totodile will be called Jaws, a nickname suggested by @np2016
@Oshawotron16 also had some good nickname ideas

Some wild pokemon on the first route
rgdJWZO.png

gf2Qxhy.png

cJD1OAp.png

Oh yeah, such potion, very kindness, wow
tXOCtaJ.png

:p

So my starter is a totodile which is interesting, I've always been fond of totodile, sadly though, my rival got a turtwig, so this is gonna be just like the games, oh yeah, did I mention how...weird...totodile's moveset is
krIjqI8.png

Oh yeah my rival won, because movesets are randomized, which was bad news for me when turtwig just took me out with one wood hammer, I need nicknames for totodile
doesn't this mean you're dead and the nuzlocke is considered a failure? or do you just skip it

doesn't this mean you're dead and the nuzlocke is considered a failure? or do you just skip it
Oh the nuzlocke doesn't truly begin until you get given pokeballs

Oh the nuzlocke doesn't truly begin until you get given pokeballs
good point. I just don't consider the catching part to start until pokeballs are in effect.

What a start :eek:
Let's see what you might catch :p

So I failed to catch a pokemon on the first route (could of landed a venomoth) I managed to catch a Staryu, and named it starman as suggest by @Starmanfan
J0mM9Ef.png

It has an interesting moveset? IDK anymore to be perfectly honest with you
MfzIl8G.png

Reactions: DJFoxx84 and Starmanfan
This is a cool thread!

That False Swipe will be very handy in the future. When a legendary appears, you can atleast get it on 1HP.

How do you "randomize" pokemon?

How do you "randomize" pokemon?

Oh, I use a program that randomizes Pokemon ROMS

---
btw guys I will be carrying this on later today

Reactions: DJFoxx84
How do you get the movepools like that?
I want something that lets me have more absurd movepools than the pomeg berry glitch!

You have inspired me to do my own nuzlocke. Where do I get the Randomizer? I already have the Romz and Emulator

*Ssigh* This is the only time I'm giving a link to the randomizer since I'm not sure if it's a legal things or not http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Anyway I dunno how much I plan on doing today, but I beat a trainer and currently fighting another
iyFtJw8.png

I hope not to get any deaths until the second gym, speaking of the second gym, thats gonna be tough if I don't get something other than water types
Did I mention this route has bidoofs? Because it does
4xVoAIX.png
4xVoAIX.png
4xVoAIX.png

Thanks Arcanine!

Back