Closed Pokemon Showdown Tournament Sign Up

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk
I will be hosting the first Pokemon Showdown tournament of 3DSPedia.com.
This will basically be a test for the soon to be implemented Pokemon League that will be hosted by Matthew (find the details here), but if all goes well, more of these will be organised.

If this interests you, please post a reply here, and PM me your team. Once the tournament start, the teams will be posted in this thread. The easiest and fastest way to do this is to:
  • Open the Pokemon Showdown Software.
  • Click on "Teambuilder".
  • Click on "Reveal Team Folder".
  • Open the "Teams" folder.
  • Open the text document and copy/paste the content in this thread.
Here are the details of this first tournament:

Maximum number of participants: 8
Entry fee: 25 Play Coins
Number of Rounds: 3
Tier: OU
Prize: 200 Play Coins

The Rules
1. Once you submit a team for a round, you cannot change it. Note that you will however be able to change your team for each of the following rounds.
2. Play Coins need to be paid before or right after you submit your team for round one.

3. Participants will be assigned a number between 1 and 8 according to the order of their signups. Once 8 people signup, matchups will then be done randomly depending on their assigned number, using this website.
4. Once matchups are confirmed, participants will have up to 48 hours to organize a battle on Pokemon Showdown. Failing to do so will result in their disqualification, so ensure that you can manage this before signing up. This includes managing your schedule to battle people in other Time Zones.
5. After the battles, the winners will have to post the "Replay" of their match in the corresponding Round thread (i.e. Round One battles in the Round One thread).

If you have other questions, please post them here.

People that signed up so far:

• ErixSan
  • SNESLink
  • Isabella
  • EliteBeatDiva
  • Marc
  • Matthew
  • Dilawer
  • HuggableEevee

Memento Mori said:
Open the text document and copy/paste the content in this thread.
Why can't the person just reveal the names of the Pokemon?

Because it gives them the option of changing their teams based on that of their opponent.

I want this to be as close to a real tournament as it can be, meaning that the participants can't change their moves/items once they know what Pokemon their opponent will use, just so they can have an advantage.

Last edited:
I have interest on this.
I will create my team and make some post so I can enter later.

I'll work on a team later on. :)

I think it would have been better if the whole teams werent shown, it kind of takes out a lot of the predictability of competitive pokemon battling..
Anyway, I'll join anyway and post my team soon once I get on my other laptop with my teams

Reactions: Marc
I'll be sure to post a team as soon as I can figure out what that team will be. :confused:

I'll post up a team as soon as I make one too. Is there any deadline?

Good luck to everyone who participates.

I'll post up a team as soon as I make one too. Is there any deadline?

No deadline. The tournament will start as soon as 8 people sign up.

I showed you what pokemon showdown even is, so thank me.

I'm signing up
for this after school

I'll sign up. Didn't see the fee, nevermind.

I'll sign up. Didn't see the fee, nevermind.
I'll pay your fee. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Man, the team rules sucks! why can't everybody use whatever they like? This way nobody will have any advantage.

Man, the team rules sucks! why can't everybody use whatever they like? This way nobody will have any advantage.

Or just random battles...

Yeah that'd be even more fun! and the perfect way to show off skills. :D

You are free to use any Pokemon you want. What I don't want is people changing their Pokemon/Pokemon Moves because they know what Pokemon their opponent might use (Marc for example might have a Yanmega and/or a Blissey :ninja:). Also, I'm not saying that it will happen, but this is also a measure against cheating (changing your team after seeing the Pokemon your opponent is planning to use).

Not everyone is familiar with Pokemon from every gen. I also didn't try many random battles (only one actually) but from what I would tell, players have no way of knowing the stats of their Pokemon, and levels are completely random.

You are free to use any Pokemon you want. What I don't want is people changing their Pokemon/Pokemon Moves because they know what Pokemon their opponent might use (Marc for example might have a Yanmega and/or a Blissey :ninja:). Also, I'm not saying that it will happen, but this is also a measure against cheating (changing your team after seeing the Pokemon your opponent is planning to use).
Mmm... Good point here.

Not everyone is familiar with Pokemon from every gen. I also didn't try many random battles (only one actually) but from what I would tell, players have no way of knowing the stats of their Pokemon, and levels are completely random.
Well, yeah, I'm a example of that.

Well, I made the risk for being the first one to publish the team, so I wish me luck. :headphone:

I'll just change the rules a bit to make everyone comfortable.

Reactions: ErixSan
Back