SwSh Pokemon Switch Idea

• Thread starter Mr. Kream
  • Start date
You can’t really make that claim though, because all games are compatible for trading. So now, thanks to what pokemon bank did, anyone can get any pokemon from any game, so unless they make pokemon switch unable to connect with other games, separate playerbases shouldnt be a problem.

You can’t really make that claim though, because all games are compatible for trading. So now, thanks to what pokemon bank did, anyone can get any pokemon from any game, so unless they make pokemon switch unable to connect with other games, separate playerbases shouldnt be a problem.

It would still very much cause chaos if not done right. As we've seen between Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and X/Y, players of ORAS can't fight using the newer Mega Evolutions against XY players. They could have very easily gotten this patched but decided against it, so whatever Pokemon they want in the game should be there from the get-go and not included as DLC, lest there be the exact same problems.

And the PokeBank is a non-issue to their point, since the Pokebank will be updated to accommodate the latest Pokemon. That still leaves out people who didn't buy the DLC (if said DLC included Pokemon not inherently coded into the game.)

They need to make a game( or two ) with the ability to capture all Pokémon. I don’t care if it’s extremely hard to get them all in two games just make it possible.

They need to make a game( or two ) with the ability to capture all Pokémon. I don’t care if it’s extremely hard to get them all in two games just make it possible.
Maybe that is the big plan for the switch release. That would certainly excite the fans. It would be nice to, in a single pokemon adventure, be able to catch em all. Btw i sometimes think having the two different games is worse than most situations because it makes it very difficult (sometimes impossible) to catch all of The Pokémon with only one game . Having dlc come later on would feel more fair because these Pokémon you are buying access to catch are Pokémon that they hadn’t been able to put into the game previously, because thier art or sounds were unfinished at launch, and you don’t have to worry that it’s really hard to catch this Pokémon in this version of the game, because its all the same game.

I'd much rather there wouldn't be any DLCs for Pokemon.

With Pokemon specifically, what could be locked behind a DLC? New story? But what could that give? New Area?
I have to agree. There's nothing that the use of DLC could really add to the Pokémon games, and no reason to hide content behind an additional paywall. Given that compatibility between different versions is also very important to the Pokémon games, that would be another unnecessary hurdle that DLC would add.
In short, I'd prefer that GameFreak/Nintendo keep their paws out of the DLC train as much as possible.

Maybe that is the big plan for the switch release. That would certainly excite the fans. It would be nice to, in a single pokemon adventure, be able to catch em all. Btw i sometimes think having the two different games is worse than most situations because it makes it very difficult (sometimes impossible) to catch all of The Pokémon with only one game . Having dlc come later on would feel more fair because these Pokémon you are buying access to catch are Pokémon that they hadn’t been able to put into the game previously, because thier art or sounds were unfinished at launch, and you don’t have to worry that it’s really hard to catch this Pokémon in this version of the game, because its all the same game.
I do love the idea of being able to catch every Pokémon in a single game (or even in a single generation of games) since in the past we've needed as many as, like, five games to catch everything.
However, why should this be behind DLC? It wouldn't really fit into Nintendo's model to release games before they are completely finished. Since Pokémon themselves are such a core aspect of their own games, a Pokémon game that promises catching 'em all but hides some of 'em behind DLC isn't complete.
In other words, the DLC wouldn't be adding any content, it would only be withholding content and putting it behind a paywall (or, even if it was free, the game would be less contiguous and not conducive to the designers' vision).
DLC in Pokémon could also result in some compatibilty issues between games (for example in trading, battling, etc.) if one player had the DLC but another didn't.
Anyway, in my opinion, DLC doesn't really belong in the Pokémon series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that there could be a different approach to having every region in Pokemon Switch.

Perhaps Solgaleo or Lunala could be captured at the end of the game, giving you the power to open wormholes to any region. You can visit all the regions fully, and truly catch them all!

The limitations could be size, because cramming 7 or 8 regions into one game could take up huge space. Then again, Switch carts can be up to 32GB. But then there's the issue of downloadable versions, since not everyone has a huge SD card!

I think the new 2019 Pokemon Switch will just be a new region, similar to all the other Pokemon games. That's the way it's always been.

Back