• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date

Pokemon vs. Legend of Zelda

• Pokemon

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Legend of Zelda

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
I love both series equally. ..it's hard for me to pick. I love the open world of Zelda and how you are challenged. But I love the Pokémon series because I grew up with it and I love collecting pokemon. I can't decide. ..

Pokemon simply is not as good as it used to be. The games are not that jaw breaking and I preferred that old 2d sprite type of Pokemon more. Legend of zelda in my opinion is way better, especially with the new legend of zelda game coming for the wii u next year along with twlight princess hd, I really do prefer legend of zelda.

I still like Pokemon, don't get me wrong, but it is not as good as it used to be.

I like Pokemon WAY BETTER because I don't like Zelda. Zelda is said to be a action, adventure game but for me there is no action. Its like only puzzle and adventure. The only Zelda game I played is The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, there is like no action except the bosses. I played Ocarina till the graveyard.(I got too bored.) Pokemon is so much better its like they say. RPG and adventure

Don't get me wrong, I think that both of these franchises are extremely good, but I tend to have a linking for the Zelda series that surpasses that of the Pokemon series, The stories in the Pokemon games as well as the character motives and emotions are simply not as good as those found in a Zelda game, and I tend to prefer the Zelda play style to that of the Pokemon games.

I've found Pokemon has gotten a little dull and repetitive. Even though I've only completed one or two of them - I was a dumb kid when I first found the series - I'd say I prefer Zelda. It's a lot more interesting and each game does something unique.

On the other hand, Pokemon is only ever about getting from point A to point B. Admittedly, I've perhaps enjoyed Pokemon more as a whole than I have Zelda, but if I were to play both series again and compare them, I think Zelda would come out top.

...BSDP is releasing later this year. That'll be my first experience with the franchise in a long time. Maybe then I'll be able to more accurately compare the two, maybe I'll end up liking Pokemon more after all, who knows?

I find the two hard to compare since they're both so different. I have to say I feel like the Pokémon Franchise has slightly been giving us subpar content that could be improved, but they don't care enough to do it. Pokémon is something that will always be nostalgic to me. But Zelda is something I play more frequently now.

Pokémon will always be special to me, and I hate to sound like a genwunner, but I prefer the older games more (Up to B/W2), that doesn't mean the newer games are bad. That's just my opinion, maybe I just don't enjoy the franchise as much in general, or the games are worse (maybe both, again my opinion). Hopefully Legends of Arceus is just as exciting as the old nostalgia.

That was about the main series games ^
I will say I prefer Pokémon more then Zelda, just because of its spin-off series. Pokémon Conquest, Mystery Dungeon (Time/Darkness/Sky), and PokePark 2 have genuinely had an impact on my life and provided so much entertainment.

I still have a bunch of Zelda games to play, but each one has been a new-feeling and good experience. Zelda definitely takes more brain power, whereas Pokémon is something I will play as a more chill experience.

Both are amazing, and different in many aspects.

We'll see if Breath of the Wild or it's sequel has the variety that Pokemon Legends Arceus has because in my opinion I would really like to see the two compared graphically. Also the overworld could have the same features and if there's towns or Gyms those could work like simpler dungeons but since it's about collecting and finding Pokemon instead it may go less from the survival genre and more into the RPG genre if that makes any sense.

Back