Pokemon X/Y Restart Bug - Corrupts Save Data

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Guys, you should know that European and Japanese region 3DS owners are suffering from a bug in Pokemon X/Y that corrupts the game's save data. It affects a minor amount of copies and the cause is saving the game in Lumiose City, :eek: This is really bad news for people who finished the game and are beginning to EV train.

See the bug in action below (the game is frozen when you load it) :

I own a North American copy of the game, but now I don't even want to think about saving my game in Lumiose City. @dilawer, you own a EU copy of the game and you finished it, so be VERY careful, :nailbiting:

I think we should just back up our saves every now and then.

I read about this bug too and honestly, I'm really scared. I don't know if it's just limited to saving in Lumiouse city or it may actually happen somewhere else. I've also read that it's affected both Digital and Physical copies of the games.

There is also frame drops in some parts and little bugs in some places, so an actualization is really needed.

Huh o_O, I'm afraid if that will happen to me, I will just cry. It can only happen on the EU game version right?

@HandOfTheFallenAngel You experienced areas where it lag and frame drops :eek:

Huh o_O, I'm afraid if that will happen to me, I will just cry. It can only happen on the EU game version right?

@HandOfTheFallenAngel You experienced areas where it lag and frame drops :eek:

The double camera when you're fighting slow the game :p

Reactions: Reece
I think we should just back up our saves every now and then.

Is there a way to back up a save?

There is also frame drops in some parts and little bugs in some places, so an actualization is really needed.
I agree with you. There have been noticeable lags in some battle scenes for me as well. I think it's what you get for a Worldwide release on a same day. :D However, I've only experienced the lag 2-3 times.

I agree with you. There have been noticeable lags in some battle scenes for me as well. I think it's what you get for a Worldwide release on a same day. :D However, I've only experienced the lag 2-3 times.

Yeah, it happens a few times only, but it's really annoying.

So we need to enter in a place like a coffee shop or a Pokémon Center before saving...
It's best just not to save your game in Lumiose City, :thumbsup:

So we need to enter in a place like a coffee shop or a Pokémon Center before saving...
Just save it somewhere else don't risk your progress. It's not worth it. Better safe than sorry.

Just save it somewhere else don't risk your progress. It's not worth it. Better safe than sorry.

We're talking about Pokémon.
I LOSE MY DATA! (Cries)

Anyways, I will play it again :D

We're talking about Pokémon.
I LOSE MY DATA! (Cries)

Anyways, I will play it again :D
Trade me yiur Charizard X megastone and then play it again ;) that'll be awesome.

Trade me yiur Charizard X megastone and then play it again ;) that'll be awesome.

Mmm... I think I will try it.
Also we can try cloning pokemons (I send you one, I exit of the game without saving, and tada)

Mmm... I think I will try it.
Also we can try cloning pokemons (I send you one, I exit of the game without saving, and tada)
Yes, do that please. I want you to try that cloning experiment so bad. I'm so POSITIVE that it'll work out. :sneaky:

Yes, do that please. I want you to try that cloning experiment so bad. I'm so POSITIVE that it'll work out. :sneaky:

Okay. I will try it this night.
(Tell me your time zone)

Okay. I will try it this night.
(Tell me your time zone)
This trick of yours will not work lol. The game saves automatically when you trade a Pokemon, you can't exit without saving after a trade.

This trick of yours will not work lol. The game saves automatically when you trade a Pokemon, you can't exit without saving after a trade.

Backup feature: Another more :D

(The idea is not using another online option)

Back