Possible Controls for the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.

• Thread starter Super Smash Jordan
  • Start date
Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan

Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart
Towns Folk
What I think could be possible is two ways of movement: the T-stick and the D-pad. (A) is to use normal attacks, (B) is for special attacks, (X) is to grab or grapple, (Y) is to taunt, /R] or [L\ is to sheild or dodge, and the [ Start ] and [Select] Buttons are to pause. What do you think of this?

I think it'll be like the GCN controls. Here's how they go:
Gamecubecontroller.jpg
The D-Pad = 3DS D-Pad,
The Stick = Circle Pad, A = A, B = B, Y/X = Y/X, L/R = L/R, Start = Pause. Of course you'd have to grab with A and L or R. Smash Attacks can also be done by using A and a quick movement of the Circle Pad. And I'd like it if I could use tilt attack moves with the D-Pad because they are usually harder to execute and have Select + Circle Pad/ D-Pad for Taunts

Now I'm sure you can fight however you want since in the options you could choose how to move/ attack/ dodge/ taunt in SSBB and KIU.

What I think could be possible is two ways of movement: the T-stick and the D-pad. (A) is to use normal attacks, (B) is for special attacks, (X) is to grab or grapple, (Y) is to taunt, /R] or [L\ is to sheild or dodge, and the [ Start ] and [Select] Buttons are to pause. What do you think of this?

sounds pretty reasonable. I think the controls are gonna be like how you described them. Simple but easy to get used to, I hope. ;)

I LUV SSB SERIES

It's obvious that's the reason they use the old Gamecube gamepad

I think it'll be like the GCN controls. Here's how they go:
Gamecubecontroller.jpg
The D-Pad = 3DS D-Pad,
The Stick = Circle Pad, A = A, B = B, Y/X = Y/X, L/R = L/R, Start = Pause. Of course you'd have to grab with A and L or R. Smash Attacks can also be done by using A and a quick movement of the Circle Pad. And I'd like it if I could use tilt attack moves with the D-Pad because they are usually harder to execute and have Select + Circle Pad/ D-Pad for Taunts

Now I'm sure you can fight however you want since in the options you could choose how to move/ attack/ dodge/ taunt in SSBB and KIU.
I agree with this! ^

I prefer it like this to be honest, we all know the Gamecube controller controls was THE BEST (imo), and I think this pretty much covers it, I think there may be a way to customize controls (just a guess). I don't think the touch screen will play a big role, the least it will do, is lock on the target (as shown in one of Mr. Sakurai's "Picture of the day".

I probably mentioned this before: The c-stick on the 3DS would be the circle pad pro extension.
Of course, I'm still hoping for an extension that would allow the Gamecube controller to connect with the 3DS.

So after viewing this off-screen gameplay video of Super Smash Bros. (3DS) version, I saw an image explaining the controls of the 3DS version:
vroom.png

Reactions: 3dsatackman and Mario1992
I'm guessing the taunts are using the D-Pad though.

So after viewing this off-screen gameplay video of Super Smash Bros. (3DS) version, I saw an image explaining the controls of the 3DS version:
vroom.png
where did you find this?

where did you find this?
E3 had SSB3DS demos. On the loading screen, the controls are shown.

ok i was not at e3 so i did not know.

ok i was not at e3 so i did not know.
There were some videos showing gameplay, this was one of them (this was where I got the controls):

I'm guessing the taunts are using the D-Pad though.
Yeah, I think the D-Pad may have the same controls as the Wii-Mote when playingSuper Smash Bros. Brawl.

ok thanks

Yeah, I think the D-Pad may have the same controls as the Wii-Mote when playingSuper Smash Bros. Brawl.
Um, the D-pad on the Wiimote alone doesn't make you taunt. Nor does it do that when connected to the Nunchuk.

Um, the D-pad on the Wiimote alone doesn't make you taunt. Nor does it do that when connected to the Nunchuk.
Oh? :bag: Well, I don't know, it's been a while since I played Brawl, what was the taunt move control (even though the taunt weren't all that important, that's why I forgot) AND what I meant to say was I think the D-Pad would have same controls as the Wii Mote (when connected to the Nunchuk), because of the items (there is no controls to for the Items, so far).

(there is no controls to for the Items, so far).
The attack/grab button is usually used to grab/use items. Perhaps the jetpack item is used by pressing the Grab button.

The attack/grab button is usually used to grab/use items. Perhaps the jetpack item is used by pressing the Grab button.
I guess? I dunno, since it's a demo version I won't expect all the controls to be explained, but I hope it takes up similar controls to the Wii-Mote, even though the Gamecube controller was better, I like both to be honest, didn't have trouble playing with either, I just hope I don't damage my 3DS buttons. :bag:

I guess? I dunno, since it's a demo version I won't expect all the controls to be explained, but I hope it takes up similar controls to the Wii-Mote, even though the Gamecube controller was better, I like both to be honest, didn't have trouble playing with either, I just hope I don't damage my 3DS buttons. :bag:

I'm guessing that I'll be having problems with my Thumbstick after playing SSB4 lol with all the flicking and holding it, I T-Stick would get worn off :panda:

I'm guessing that I'll be having problems with my Thumbstick after playing SSB4 lol with all the flicking and holding it, I T-Stick would get worn off :panda:
Same! I think my buttons may get worn out, I haven't played a game that really requires for me to smash my buttons, and it looks like that's exactly what SSB on the 3DS will do. :hilarious:

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Back