Project Sonic - new NX game revealed

• Thread starter mehmeh1
  • Start date
M

mehmeh1

Official nyeh of this forum
Towns Folk
Project Sonic 2017! (no official name yet)
What do you think? At the end of the trailer it shows the list of systems it'll be available on:
-PS4
-XBOne
-PC
and most surprisingly -NX

Also, it's weird that this is coming out for NX but Sonic mania isn't, even though it looks like it could even run on the DS or maybe even the GBA. Why do you think that is?

Two sonic games on NX right off the bat wouldn't be that good tbh, one is enough. And the retro sonic games have always been on Xbox PlayStation and PC once remade, rarely Wii U

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
The thing is, Project Sonic is Holiday 2017 so Sonic Mania could've been a launch title instead. Regardless, I'm happy to see Project Sonic on NX - this hints towards the console being at least as powerful as PS4 and Xbox One (most likely more powerful thanks to AMD's new chips which are reportedly a LOT more powerful but produced at a cheaper price).

Also, Sonic confirmed before Mario. That is kinda funny.

Reactions: ✍MaskSmash✌
Personally, I find this surprising that we've got another confirmed game to run on the NX. All I do wish is for Sega to make it better this time, considering how the reception goes for various recently released Sonic games (or so I heard). And that's unusual that Sonic Mania was not in the NX too, but oh well. However, let's hope these games will be doing great.

Reactions: Jisenku
Looks awesome, though it kinda had a cliche save-the-world likeness to it. Hopefully the gameplay looks just as stunning, if not better. This already beats the Sonic Boom games imo. xP

The thing is, Project Sonic is Holiday 2017 so Sonic Mania could've been a launch title instead. Regardless, I'm happy to see Project Sonic on NX - this hints towards the console being at least as powerful as PS4 and Xbox One (most likely more powerful thanks to AMD's new chips which are reportedly a LOT more powerful but produced at a cheaper price).

Also, Sonic confirmed before Mario. That is kinda funny.
well, mario was too slow, so once again, sega does what nintendon't

Interesting. It's weird that we've got no news about the NX but we have these titles that'll be on it. I'm thinking that around November/December we will get a Nintendo Direct for the NX.

For Sonic Mania, I could imagine that one of the possible reasons is due to the other teams behind its development not having a NX developer kit jus yet, but that's just some speculation. If is true that it only releases on the consoles it's said to release now, then I'll have myself another reason to buy a PS4. :p
Project Sonic 2017 looks great though! Admitedly though, when "Join the Resistance" appeared, I couldn't help myself but think of the "Freedom Fighters" from Sonic Sat AM. I'm really curious about what this game generally is, but I'm going to hold myself on the line and wait. Also, I have to start saving money for a NX console. :coffee:

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Sonic Project 2017 is Sonic Generations 2

Reactions: Jisenku
huh, this is,ackward for nintendo. sonic before mario? Nintendo must be banging their heads right now ;)

I just noticed something. If anyone played sonic and the dark brotherhood, you'll know what im talking about. This seems like the sequel to sonic chronicles and the dark brotherhood, which i have been dying to see

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed something. If anyone played sonic and the dark brotherhood, you'll know what im talking about. This seems like the sequel to sonic chronicles and the dark brotherhood, which i have been dying to see
yeah (though it was made by bioware, but it NEEDS a sequel)

THANK U

though it's possibly not a chronicles sequel, but it should be one

yep

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Sonic Project 2017 is Sonic Generations 2

If you said that anywhere else, you'd receive hate comments for like 10 hours straight.

Anyways, it's been confirmed that Project 2017 isn't a sequel to Generations.

If you said that anywhere else, you'd receive hate comments for like 10 hours straight.

Anyways, it's been confirmed that Project 2017 isn't a sequel to Generations.
Yeah, I recently learned that, but I commented on here before I knew that.

I found Sonic Mania way more intresting than Project Sonic. I always liked the pixel-art 2D (Idk how to describe it) games more than the 3D ones, in Pokemon, Mario and so.

my reaction to the video
0:00 oh a new sonic game cool : D
0:11 by the people who made sonic colours and generations? sweet :D
0:21 0.0 is this what eggman did while the boom business happend?
0:24 oh wait no this is the sonic fanbase : D
0:28 ahh the woomm sound effect sutch a classic. also in the darkest times cliché
0:31 que the egg man music he won
0:35 the world need's a hero cliché
0:38 good to see your back sonic. Now mind killing the robots please? thanks
0:41 someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning
0:45 am i the only one who thinks the roof's look like Lego bricks?
0:49 spin dashing in air? hop that's in the finale game
0:51 sonic look forword not above, sorry guys sonic is dead as a dodo
0:55 sonic forgot how to stomp and then slide
0:58 wai wut
0:59 CLASSIC!
1:07 classic sonic just boosted its the end of the world run >.<
1:11 from the old cartoon? oh that would be cool
1:16 NX? WAIT WUT

Sonic Mania might not have a NX release planned, but with both coming March next year, I'm sure something would appear later when the release date is confirmed for the NX

At that point, all it would take is getting the Retro Engine running on the NX
After all, if they can get it on smartphones, it should be able to get on the NX

sega-made-their-own-nintendo-nx-150x150.jpg

Back