Quickest way to get play coins? (not the ones used as currency on this site)

• Thread starter Lotad Lover
  • Start date
The fastest way is to shake you're 3DS.

Well, there is no quick way of getting them other then just walking around (well you could use 3ds homebrew I guess, but that is cheating in my opinion). Just keep it in your bag or pocket when your walking around or something, and you should get some play coins :)
PS: I'm not saying you shouldn't do this, but I (personally) don't like shaking my 3ds for playcoins, it hurts my hands after a while of shaking, haha!

I agree with King Of 3D in that walking is the best way to get steps, I mean for most cases you walk around anyway. ( I personally average 10 000 steps a day according to my pedometer.) So, it couldn't hurt to stuff your 3DS in a bag or your pocket for whatever you would walk to. Besides, shaking your 3DS is very slow and unreliable, it usually only ever counts 10 steps for every 30 shakes (1:3 ratio, :vomit:). The only other non-cheating way unfortunately. So, in the words of Wii Fit Trainer, "Let's stretch those legs."

I found out a super easy defect to exploit!
simply put your 3DS on a loose tracking / cargo shorts, in the lowest pocket above your knee, and walk back and forth a little, as your 3DS shakes uncontrollably on your pocket your step count will be over 2000 in 3 minutes, that's due to the 3DS counts the steps as it moves from side to side ( +Y -Z to -Y -Z ) within a second, with the cargo shorts moving loosely the gyroscope assume that's all movement and counts from 3 up to 14 steps on each shake

Homebrew it and launch the homebrew app. I've heard that, somewhere in there, you can set your play coins to 300 (the max I believe). Or take your MicroSD card out and plug it into your computer and play around until you find the play coins file, then set the value (assuming it lets you)

I just take my 3DS in my bag in sleep mode everywhere. Usually gets me all of those daily play coins.. MHMMMM Sweet play coins. :nailbiting:

Homebrew it and launch the homebrew app. I've heard that, somewhere in there, you can set your play coins to 300 (the max I believe). Or take your MicroSD card out and plug it into your computer and play around until you find the play coins file, then set the value (assuming it lets you)
I don't think anyone else here would do that

I don't think anyone else here would do that
Well the "edit a file on the SD card" thing most likely doesn't work. Everything is encrypted in the SD card, to prevent people from doing this kind of stuff exactly (why would a game rely on Play Coins that are so easily editable? Of course they are not so easily editable).

But I did already use the some homebrew to get more playcoins. I have other means to waste my battery than keep my 3DS on with Streetpass on while I drive, which doesn't even give playcoins. And I needed them in FFE.

Back