• Start date

Did you ever rage quit at a game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Those moments when you come across a puzzle,or a boss that you have trouble getting passed,lol.The first time you see the challenge,you're like:Ok,I got this. :D But as time passes,you start to get kinda fustrated... -_- The puzzle/boss that you thought would be a piece of cake is now mopping the floor with you,until you get so mad,you flip your coffee-table! :eek: ....Well,not really,lol. XD But you get so mad,you quit,and actually not play the game for weeks,or even months! Has that happened to you before?

Reactions: Mikaya
on a few zelda games, yes. xD

some of the puzzles can get a bit much even after you try any way you can to solve it and progress. Kinda lame that I get angry but you can't really blame me, right? ;)

I usually don't play for a while afterwards, but I do revisit it, eventually. :p

Reactions: P2.0
Well, it doesn't happen often, but when it happens, I generally stop any kind of activity related to video games for a small while.
The first time it happened to me was when I wanted to beat the 15-Minute Mode (you know, with these clones of Zelda and Capt. Falcon) on SSBM to get the N64 stage (they're great in Melee) that you get when you beat it, but at that time, I always failed with barely a minute or 15~30 secs. remaining. Also, I was 7 by that time, so you can't blame me ;).

Uhh.. well. I was playing Minecraft on my laptop and it kept freezing, and I got reaaal angry and punched it. And broke my screen. One could say that I have, indeed, rage-quit a game before. Or a laptop.

@Mikaya :Zelda always has some dungeon,and/or boss that gets on your nerves.Need I bring up the accursed Water Temple? XD Only highlight in there was Dark Link. :p @D4rkDragon :Ohhh,I remember that challenge all too well! XD Ugh,it took forever to finish! I think me and my bros took turns and went through every single character to finish that con-sonned challenge! :eek: My older bro made it to 13 mins,and failed.I only made to,like,a minute,and I carked it hard... XD

@AeonsAlex : :eek: Whoa,now THAT'S a Rage Quit,dang man.... 0.0 XD Did you get repaired? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D4rkDragon and Mikaya
Not gonna lie that I do rage quit in games a few times.It happens to me when I try to get some Red Rings in some Sonic games,when I can't complete a very hard level in Mario games,when I can't beat a certain boss,just to name some.Basically,I rage quit in some games when I'm stuck in a certain section of a game,like a collectable that's impossible to get and get stuck in a hard level or boss.Yet,I was much more impatient when I was newer,so I have some control of it now. :thumbsup:

@AeonsAlex : :eek: Whoa,now THAT'S a Rage Quit,dang man.... 0.0 XD Did you get repaired? :p
Nah. It was an old, rubbish one, anyhow. Hence why Minecraft froze a lot. Probably costs more to repair it than to buy a new one.

i probably rage quit more so cause of people then the game

Reactions: Kaynil
I can't say I quit a game from being mad, I have stopped playing games from being bored with them though. I can't say I don't get mad at games, but when I get mad, I tend to play it more until I can get past that section.

@T-Player Guy :Ugh,don't remind me of Sonic Colors,lol.Those Red Rings got me heated up when I was watching my younger bro collect them.We strategized so many times,and falied 700 before we could get any! XD

@Shippo :You mean when people are watching you and they start commentating on what you should do or laugh when you fail? If so,I knows how ya feel... >:0 @Darksilver4 :Been there before,dude.Like,the music literally puts you to sleep. -o- I stopped playing a lot of games cuz the music bores me,and I take a nap,lol.That,or I put on some Nightcore,DragonForce,etc.Anything to make it more exciting!

i done that yes or i tell them the f bomb.for an example i played force unleash and i was battle vader and a guest was telling me how someone else he knew beat the game and how it easy btw wasn't easy i was playing the hard setting and vader is a wall spammer. i am a crappy jumper in adventure games that have you do it people tend to have to remind me that while i am playing. no i rage quit on accident because of fighting with my roomates before i moved out and quit my game so i can leave. games like ff13 have save point that are far apart and i often stop in the middle to take a breather. i deleted my shows to because of me getting angry at them i go to the bathroom and they turn my channel despite my show being pause or end my recording

@T-Player Guy :Ugh,don't remind me of Sonic Colors,lol.Those Red Rings got me heated up when I was watching my younger bro collect them.We strategized so many times,and falied 700 before we could get any! XD
Sorry for remembering you of those atrocities.I hope your brother still manages to collect them all one day!:thumbsup:

@Shippo :Ugh,I knew it... -_- I secretly practice at games I know I have trouble with.Like Samurai Warriors 3,Murasame Castle mode.I've played many times with a companion,yet when I'm by myself,I keep friggin' dying! D: The only time I've made all the way through is when no one's there,and I'm listening to Nightcore,lol.They keep saying:You enjoy dying,huh? And I'm like:But I've made it before!! D: And they say:....Sure you have,buddy. XD -_- @T-Player Guy :Thanks for the encouragement. :p Don't worry though,that quest was long completed.Now we enjoy poking fun at the game even to this day! :D

Not by the regular definitions of a rage quit, no. If I can't beat a boss after, say, a dozen tries, I play something else and then pick up the game two or three days later and find that the boss wasn't so difficult after all. I don't hate the game or anything, I just say, "OK, I'm not in the zone at the moment, I'll try later," so I don't call it rage-quitting.

I've never rage quit at multiplayer either and think it's very unsporting because it spoils other people's gaming. In fact I'm very proud of this one time I was playing Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror online and all the people on my team except me rage quit because we were losing, so only I was left against four people on the other team - but I kept at it and - this is the really awesome part: I won! ALONE! ON MY OWN!! :D

Reactions: Kaynil, P2.0, D4rkDragon and 1 other person
I rage quit all the time

@Spinnerweb :Ok,first off,AWESOME!!! :D You're right though,when someone rages on a game,it kinda spoils it for everyone. :/ And true,sometimes you really just don't feel it when you're up against a puzzle,or boss.But the very next day,it's down for the count! ;) @xmenpkmntrainer :I've been there before,and occasionally I don't even rage,I just get sleepy,lol. XD Then when I'm more awake,I try again. :p

Reactions: 18
Not really rage quit, however I do take breaks if I'm clearly too tired to think or have been playing for a long period of time. Once I'm rested up I usually can complete whatever that was giving me trouble quite easily.

i rage quit on the part with the cucoo on the legend of zelda minish cap so long

I used to rage quit, then I got into more team based games like team fortress 2, and started playing semi-pro. It's impossible rage-quitting there, so I just lost the habit.

Back