Shigeru Miyamoto: ‘Super Mario Galaxy 3′ Still a Possibility.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reece

Although Nintendo’s incredibly successful Wii console may already seem like a relic of the past, plenty of gamers still have happy memories of time spent with the likes of Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the two Super Mario Galaxy games.

Super Mario Galaxy series has been left behind with the aging console it appeared on (especially since many were hoping that Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be a Wii U launch title). But there may yet be hope for a new Super Mario Galaxy.

In the most recently “Iwata Asks” interview, there was discussion of the new Super Mario 3D World, including the elements of Super Mario Galaxy that have made their way into the game, namely Captain Toad and Rosalina. It was at this point in the interview that Shigeru Miyamoto teased that Nintendo might not be done with Mario’s 3D galaxy platforming:

“Just so there is no misunderstanding, I should point out that this doesn’t mean we’ll never make another Super Mario Galaxy game.”

That above statement does not necessarily mean that there will be a new Mario Galaxy, it just meant that the idea of a new one is still open for discussion. I am extremely happy Nintendo still has an open mind for the idea of another one, I will be elated if one is announced but for now Super Mario 3D World looks great.

What do you think about this interesting news? Are you happy that Miyamoto at least mentioned a Super Mario Galaxy ?

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2.jpg

How much new stuff could they do with a Super Mario Galaxy 3. I don't want this to become Nintendo's COD. I mean, let's face it, Super Mario Galaxy 2 added so much more depth and all compared to Super Mario Galaxy that I kinda have doubts they could outperform it.

How much new stuff could they do with a Super Mario Galaxy 3. I don't want this to become Nintendo's COD. I mean, let's face it, Super Mario Galaxy 2 added so much more depth and all compared to Super Mario Galaxy that I kinda have doubts they could outperform it.
I doubt this will be Nintendo's COD in any way, you never know what they could do, there creativity has no limits, I just want to be optimistic about this, there is still many stuff that can be done to improve the game, I think if Nintendo try hard they will be able to continue the series in an interesting manner.

I think a New Super Mario Bros 3 would be closer to a Nintendo's COD than Super Mario Galaxy 3

Reactions: Reece
I think a New Super Mario Bros 3 would be closer to a Nintendo's COD than Super Mario Galaxy 3
I agree, New Super Mario Bros is more like Nintendo's COD than a Super Mario Galaxy 3 :eek:

I would want to play Super Mario Galaxy 3. But that Luigi.. His bee suit looks weird..

I would want to play Super Mario Galaxy 3. But that Luigi.. His bee suit looks weird..
Yeah it does, it was the easiest pic I found, I would also like to play a Super Mario Galaxy 3, it would be cool if it was released for the 3DS to, but I doubt it.

Yeah it does, it was the easiest pic I found, I would also like to play a Super Mario Galaxy 3, it would be cool if it was released for the 3DS to, but I doubt it.
Well, it is entirely possible that they could, but I doubt they'd go for another cross-platform thing like they did with SSB4

Well, it is entirely possible that they could, but I doubt they'd go for another cross-platform thing like they did with SSB4
No, I actually meant just giving the Nintendo 3DS a Mario Galaxy title to hold, I didn't mean a cross-platform and I doubt the 3DS idea, it it was to happen it will most likely to be on the Wii U.

No, I actually meant just giving the Nintendo 3DS a Mario Galaxy title to hold, I didn't mean a cross-platform and I doubt the 3DS idea, it it was to happen it will most likely to be on the Wii U.
yeah ik, I meant that as two separate points (didn't translate that well clearly). Cross-platform definitely doesn't make sense for Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't rule out the possibility for a 3DS game for it (given that some Wii games are being made for 3DS like Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's entirely possible we could see Super Mario Galaxy on there).

yeah ik, I meant that as two separate points (didn't translate that well clearly). Cross-platform definitely doesn't make sense for Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't rule out the possibility for a 3DS game for it (given that some Wii games are being made for 3DS like Donkey Kong Country Returns, it's entirely possible we could see Super Mario Galaxy on there).
True, so I guess that we will have to be optimistic on the outcomes of a Super Mario Galaxy on the 3DS, I mean, it will be very tricky to create, but I bet it will sell like crazy if it is created. These pictures are bringing my hopes up, and excited but I know its fake-
med_gallery_728_160_260005.jpg

3ds%20mario.jpg
:love:

The first two games were so successful that they'll have to take their time to make a sequel that outdoes them. It's good that they didn't rule it out completely.

The first two games were so successful that they'll have to take their time to make a sequel that outdoes them. It's good that they didn't rule it out completely.
Yeah, I'm happy that they didn't leave that saga to fade away, I think if a sequel were to be, it would be better than the both, it will totally outdo the rest.

True, so I guess that we will have to be optimistic on the outcomes of a Super Mario Galaxy on the 3DS, I mean, it will be very tricky to create, but I bet it will sell like crazy if it is created. These pictures are bringing my hopes up, and excited but I know its fake-
med_gallery_728_160_260005.jpg

3ds%20mario.jpg
:love:

Where did you found that? :eek:

Where did you found that? :eek:
I just typed Super Mario Galaxy 3DS, and I saw those pics on Google, it is fake but a good fake, makes me belive its real.

I just typed Super Mario Galaxy 3DS, and I saw those pics on Google, it is fake but a good fake, makes me belive its real.

True, it looks very real...

Google: Problem?

True, it looks very real...

Google: Problem?
:hilarious: But it does look like Super Mario Galaxy fits on the 3DS well from viewing those pictures.

They should make this for 3ds cause it would be perfect on the 3ds :D also it would be cool to have it on the 3ds cause they haven't made this kind of game for 3ds yet

They should make this for 3ds cause it would be perfect on the 3ds :D also it would be cool to have it on the 3ds cause they haven't made this kind of game for 3ds yet
Well other than Super Mario 3D Land, and (I think) Sonic Lost Worlds, with the 3D geographical structure of the game's environment those games are similar, but I agree there is not much games like a Super Mario Galaxy and it is much anticipated.

Well other than Super Mario 3D Land, and (I think) Sonic Lost Worlds, with the 3D geographical structure of the game's environment those games are similar, but I agree there is not much games like a Super Mario Galaxy and it is much anticipated.

I would say Super Mario 3D Land, it's a lot better option :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back