Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, I choose Shin Megami Tensei forum to post this because this is a Shin Megami Tensei game, not a Fire Emblem one, but yeah, it's a crossover.

In the trailer, we can see a lot of Shin Megami Tensei characters, also, showing at last Shin Megami Tensei IV characters.

That happens too with Fire Emblem, but showing at last Fire Emblem Awakening character.

Now, the only thing we know in 8 months was:

- This trailer was a spoiler for Fire Emblem Awakening US and EU releases.
- This trailer was a spoiler for Shin Megami Tensei IV for all releases.
- This game is for Wii U
- It's a crossover (duh)
- It will be an RPG
- It is set on modern time
- Maybe this will happen on Mars
- This place:
sAI6NnE.png

What do you think? This is a must buy for Wii U?

I'm getting it.

That is the game that will most likely make me buy a Wii U. Two of my favorite games in one can only be epic.

This game is what I needed to get myself a Wii U. With that, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. WiiU, and possibly Super Mario 3D World, I'll be satisfied.

This game is what I needed to get myself a Wii U. With that, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. WiiU, and possibly Super Mario 3D World, I'll be satisfied.

Not really, I don't need a Wii U right now, and none of the games released so far really excite me.

Oh, yay. It's another crossover.
Mhmm. It's another RPG crossover! :D
It looks good, but I won't buy a Wii U just for it. It would cost me two arms and a leg.

Oh, yay. It's another crossover.
Mhmm. It's another RPG crossover! :D
It looks good, but I won't buy a Wii U just for it. It would cost me two arms and a leg.
Not really, I don't need a Wii U right now, and none of the games released so far really excite me.

Well, the games I'm wishing with a Wii U:
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
- Bayonetta 2
- Super Smash Bros 2
- The Leyend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
- The Leyend of Zelda Wii U
- X
- Rayman Legends
- EarthBound
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Well, the games I'm wishing with a Wii U:
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
- Bayonetta 2
- Super Smash Bros 2
- The Leyend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
- The Leyend of Zelda Wii U
- X
- Rayman Legends
- EarthBound
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
That's alot...

Well, I choose Shin Megami Tensei forum to post this because this is a Shin Megami Tensei game, not a Fire Emblem one, but yeah, it's a crossover.

In the trailer, we can see a lot of Shin Megami Tensei characters, also, showing at last Shin Megami Tensei IV characters.

That happens too with Fire Emblem, but showing at last Fire Emblem Awakening character.

Now, the only thing we know in 8 months was:

- This trailer was a spoiler for Fire Emblem Awakening US and EU releases.
- This trailer was a spoiler for Shin Megami Tensei IV for all releases.
- This game is for Wii U
- It's a crossover (duh)
- It will be an RPG
- It is set on modern time
- Maybe this will happen on Mars
- This place:
sAI6NnE.png

What do you think? This is a must buy for Wii U?
IMO, crossovers starring high-profile franchises cannot be missed. Fans of RPGs and crossovers would do well to buy this game.

I'm sure I'll get it in time, I need more games in my Wii U library anyway. This looks like it'll be the best RPG on the system aswell.

I'm a little skeptical as to how this crossover will turn out. Even though both series are really great and all, there's the risk of the crossover making one or the other look stupid or misrepresented (or whatever, you get what I mean) given how different the two are.

A crossover for Fire Emblem taking place on MARS? Also, Fire Emblem never takes place in modern times....I mean, I get it's mainly a Shin Megami Tensei game, but still

>Fire Emblem
>Mars

Must be some demonic transportation.

>Fire Emblem
>Mars

Must be some demonic transportation.
Yeah, pretty much. I really don't see how it'd be possible for it to happen on Mars...unless the Einerjar were involved somehow I guess? I mean, it's not like those ones are actually living

We have SMT title linked to sci-fi and such - that Strange Journey. About @Erixsan's theory about crossover title happening on Mars, it was actually unused idea when Intelligence Systems developed Fire Emblem: Awakening. You can check it here ;)

(but with time-travel machine and such, that would be possible)

We have SMT title linked to sci-fi and such - that Strange Journey. About @Erixsan's theory about crossover title happening on Mars, it was actually unused idea when Intelligence Systems developed Fire Emblem: Awakening. You can check it here ;)

(but with time-travel machine and such, that would be possible)
huh, I didn't know that. In that case, I guess it makes sense for the crossover to take place on Mars...maybe it won't be that bad if the Fire Emblem team wanted that in the first place

huh, I didn't know that. In that case, I guess it makes sense for the crossover to take place on Mars...maybe it won't be that bad if the Fire Emblem team wanted that in the first place
Well, the idea was dumped so we don't know what will happen with this crossover. It's actually possible to take place on Mars because of one reason: most crossover titles have their charas transported to an unknown place nobody knows, and then everyone takes their own way to get back home. A simple story, actually...

Well, the idea was dumped so we don't know what will happen with this crossover. It's actually possible to take place on Mars because of one reason: most crossover titles have their charas transported to an unknown place nobody knows, and then everyone takes their own way to get back home. A simple story, actually...
Well, I mean that if the Fire Emblem team considered the idea, then that could indicate that the franchise would be able to actually fit in that location, you know? Yeah, I get that many crossovers do that, but I think in this case they could just choose to introduce a new Fire Emblem character or something

Well, I mean that if the Fire Emblem team considered the idea, then that could indicate that the franchise would be able to actually fit in that location, you know? Yeah, I get that many crossovers do that, but I think in this case they could just choose to introduce a new Fire Emblem character or something
Or maybe it was dumped because it's too difficult to settle things in a not-medieval setting? No, I don't think a new chara from each franchise will be introduced. It will be some OC, I think - as most crossover did it. If there was a new FE/SMT chara, how could it be introduced so the audience get the idea that the chara is FE/SMT-esque? The most possible thing is to use OC introduced in this game to each franchise, but it's too risky because of the plot and stuff.

Or maybe it was dumped because it's too difficult to settle things in a not-medieval setting? No, I don't think a new chara from each franchise will be introduced. It will be some OC, I think - as most crossover did it. If there was a new FE/SMT chara, how could it be introduced so the audience get the idea that the chara is FE/SMT-esque? The most possible thing is to use OC introduced in this game to each franchise, but it's too risky because of the plot and stuff.
Yeah, and the plot and stuff thing is the exact reason for me claiming that they could simply use a new character for it. I mean, think about it, all the characters up to now have been in medieval settings

i just wish this won't be a WiiU exclusive. that would sadden me. i'm not buying a WiiU just for a single game. i don't even have enough time to juggle my 2 handhelds in a day. (you know the other one. lol)

in any case, this looks awesome~! Atlus never ceases to amaze me. this is a very clever move from Atlus.

Back