Should the 3DS die?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
I don't think it's going anywhere for some time cause they are still making games for it plus Nintendo is still making some decent money of the system. It would be foolish for them to just drop it now . The switch is still new and it still showing that there are some issues that they need to fix with it. If they dropped the 3DS now they would be losing money that they can be using to improve on the switch system. So it safe to say that the 3ds isn't going anywhere for now.

I don´t think the 3ds should die. It is a fabulous gaming system that has proven itself to win may battles and deliver exeptional experiences with its games. I think nintendo does´t want it to die as well because it is a great portal to receive new users. The nintendo 3ds has a vast catalogue of games, there are really good games on the platform and who knows, there might be even more on the way. Some time ago, the 3ds received a new metroid game, let me tell you that, the game is totally a blast to play, performs really good on the system.

No.

And there's absolutely no way you can prove I'm biased... :p

I still play most of the time on 3ds, though I also have a Switch and a Wii U... I think it is a great system with lots of good games and I also think more good games will appear on it. I'm thinking to buy a new 2ds xl in order to be able to play the games that require the new console. So it can't die right now :)

No, the 3DS should not die, because when it does, Nintendo is just gonna spam Nintendo Switch ads everywhere on TV. I just know it's gonna be like this.

Reactions: Alegria
I think the 3DS has a few more years of life at least. I hope it doesn't die just yet.

Reactions: Alegria
I too hope it doesn't die until 2019/2020 but eventually it's going to die sooner or later. But like many "dead" consoles and handhelds it will have had a decent if not great life and a good list of games to choose from when looking back at the system. I know at least some of you out there play an old handheld/console or two.

Yeah I sorta hope it will, I'm getting sick of the 240p, grainy screen, the jaggy graphics, and the fact that so many good games were technically held back by the system. (Looking at you, Pokemon.) Not to mention the fact that the thing has been around for SIX. WHOLE. YEARS.

I love mine to death, but it has had its time.

So yeah, the technology is old news and it's basically a bottleneck now. It can go.

Back