Single or co-op 3ds games for beginners

• Thread starter LinkWaffleson
  • Start date
LinkWaffleson

LinkWaffleson

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I am getting the Pikachu 2ds XL for my girlfriend for her 20th birthday. It is her first console since GC. She really enjoys Animal Crossing and we are going to start Final Fantasy Explorers. Any suggestions for games she might would enjoy as a beginner or that we can play co-op?

Any suggestions for games she might would enjoy as a beginner or that we can play co-op?
I expect you to already get Animal Crossing New Leaf (get it over Happy Home Designer), so..

Fantasy Life - https://nintenpedia.com/fantasy-life-review/

If you both own a copy of the game, you can progress through the story together in both of your worlds. You just wouldn't be able to play together while you're training for your new class, but that's just for a short period of time.

Terraria

If it's like the PC version, I think you two will really enjoy this one too. You can build houses, mine ore/etc, fight monsters, explore new places and a lot more. I heard it's like a 2D version of Minecraft, but I've never played MC before.

Reactions: LinkWaffleson
I do enjoy terraria! I will defiantly look at the 3ds version. And yes I already have new leaf for myself and i am going to get it for her as well. May consider fantasy life in the future when it goes on sale. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: Marc
May consider fantasy life in the future when it goes on sale. Thanks for the suggestions.
It's an old game (yet still fun) so you might get it cheap at a store if pre-owned. Of course, it depends on where you live too :(

I looked at gamestop's website. Fantasy Life used is still quite pricey! Especially compared to ff explorers and new leaf, where I can get two copies of either for the price of fantasy life!

Reactions: Marc
ummm, for begginers...
the fire emblem games, minus maybe conquest if she doesnt play in phoenix mode
kid icarus uprising since it have a lot of personalization with the dificulty
the pokemon games are also easy (witch is why i prefer SMT, but since we are talking about a begginer, it should be good for her)
mario 3d land maybe except for postgame

Reactions: LinkWaffleson
UPDATE: She is addicted to Pokemon: Ultra Sun! she also is enjoying Tri Force heroes and mario kart!

Yeah, you really have to go with Mario Kart. After not playing with months, my friend recently purchased a Nintendo 2DS XL or whatever it's called, and we are going to play Mario Kart together once he figures out how to get a friend code. lol.

Yes, Mario Kart 7 is amazing. Ultra sun too. very addicting games! I think to get a friend code all you do is go into friend list. You don't even need an NNID! Never played triforce heroes, but I have played Ocarina of Time 3D. Animal Crossing New Leaf is very fun! A bit slow moving, but still a really well made game.

Pokémon is good for beginners. You can play alone or online multiplayer.

Mario Kart is also a good choice! You don't even need two cartridges thanks to DS Download Play (but you can only play as Shy Guy)

Back