Skill Link Strategy Guide

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
oh, my bad...yeah steel isn't super effective. Yep, and Showdown lets you put in your preferred EV and IVs. :D You are making your Yanmega invincible aren't you. :D
In Diamond, my Yanmega had 31 IVs in SP. ATK, HP, and Speed (Modest Nature), ;)

In Diamond, my Yanmega had 31 IVs in SP. ATK, HP, and Speed (Modest Nature), ;)
:O Well, lets see how your Yanmega fares against Pokemon from the 6th Gen!! xD Tyrantrum will tear it apart! gaaaaah! raaaawwwr! xD

PS. Steel is super effective against ice. I tried it and it makes sense too.

Last edited:
PS. Steel is super effective against ice. I tried it and it makes sense too.
Cloyster is water and ice.

Cloyster is water and ice.
Oh, of course he is. -__- I thought you meant the whole ice typing xD my bad. If Cloyster didn't lower its Def. in the Shell Smash technique he'd withstand the Punches.

Oh, of course he is. -__- I thought you meant the whole ice typing xD my bad. If Cloyster didn't lower its Def. in the Shell Smash technique he'd withstand the Punches.

He does withstand them. I tried using a Cloyster with full defense and a choice band once :p

very nice,, sounds like you are a skilled person in the cases of pokemon :) :putnam:

Thanks for the guide, @Memento Mori. I'm getting into competitive Pokémon and this is a pretty important thing to know.

Doesn't Bulletproof, Chesnaught's Hidden Ability, block some of these moves? I could have sworn I had heard something about that...

this is definitely something I'm going to keep in mind
i like multi attack moves that deal lots of damage
comet punch looks quite bada$$
thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!

this is definitely something I'm going to keep in mind
i like multi attack moves that deal lots of damage
comet punch looks quite bada$$
thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!
keep in mind though that multi attack moves have relatively weak power and as such only have limited use when they don't hit all 5 times. Especially with Water Shiruken which, while a priority move, suffers reduced power

Not sure if this matters, but I noticed that Mega Heracross isn't listed among the Skill Link pokemon probably because this thread was made before Mega Heracross was revealed. It has access to Arm Thrust, Rock Blast, Pin Missile, Fury Attack, and Bullet Seed.

Pretty cool guide! :D

But I prefer Cinccino though, it can go Choice Band or Life Orb depending on you preference. But I prefer King's Rock because it can annoy a ton of people if you got the hax gods on your side, but you can pair Cinccino with a Thunder Wave user or maybe a Body Slam user to make the hax gods go in your favor :p

i love this

i build my cloyster with adamant nature, with invest all in attack and speed, i think with shell smash cloyster will outspeed all except priority move and choice scarf pokemon who build in full speed too..

Back