Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Uhh.. No..

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Shukurimu

Shukurimu

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!!
Towns Folk
So if you haven't seen the new episode of Steven Universe aptly named 'Bismuth', you won't understand anything I say in the nest few paragraphs or so.. But because I'd love to talk about this with as many people as possible, I will include the episode as a file.

SPOILER WARNING, DO NOT GO FURTHER IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR INNOCEN-- I MEAN FRESH START.

Okay so here's what I think,

Bismuth as a character is great. She embodies the things that are great about the show's cast.

She's got a fighting spirit and is passionate, but understanding and fun at the same time.

I also think that Rose was extremely unfair. She didn't tell anyone she bubbled her???

What's up with that? She was an ORIGINAL CRYSTAL GEM. Her motives were in the right place.

She wasn't trying to kill EVERY SINGLE HOMEWORLD GEM, she said "I would've liberated everyone!"

What is so wrong with that? And she was right about her other comments too!

"And look what you've done without me!"

"I could have stopped it!"

She could have stopped Homeworld in its tracks!

If she used the 'Breaking Point',

she could have saved all of the Crystal Gems,

liberated all the gems forced into their roles on Homeworld,

shattered the Diamonds and their ludicrous ideals,

and could have created a great place for gems and humans to live alongside each other.

I can understand why Steven poofed her.

But to bubble her..?

Peridot tried to shatter him ALL THE TIME!!!

Bismuth was soo nice, and was only trying to "give her army the best chance to win."

I think she should be un bubbled.

She obviously had some extreme issues with Rose, and Rose WAS unfair to her.

She lied about her being lost, and hid her away in Lion, knowing that someday she would wake up knowing all of her friends had died, because of Rose.

That is a pretty awful thing to do, so excuse Bismuth if she's a little screwed up.

But the Gems have helped other lost gems through much, much worse.

And Bismuth seemed to important to just disappear.. That title card doe..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK TO WHERE YOU CAN WATCH THE EPISODES

still-madridista.tumblr.com

I do not promote using this website, but only am offering it as a way to access episodes that have previously aired. Be sure to support this show.

Honestly I really like Bismuth, she's probably my third favorite character right now (Amethyst being the first, and Peridot being the second). I really like characters who make puns! I agree with you completely, her motives were in the right place. If Rose just let Bismuth and the others use the Breaking Point, then maybe the war would've gone a lot more into their favor. For example, the other original Crystal Gems that Bismuth mentioned (for example, "Snowflake") could've been saved. I guess that maybe Bismuth was corrupted, so I guess that's why Rose bubbled her, but Rose could've told the other Crystal Gems, or at the very least, she could've told Pearl about it. But you know what I do want to know about? Why was Rose's sword and scabbard in Lion's mane in the first place? (I know Lion is pink and all, but still.) Why was Bismuth in Lion's mane instead of where bubbled gems usually go? Is it because Rose didn't want Pearl and Garnet to unbubble her? Perhaps the place didn't even exist?
question_rage_face.jpg

Honestly I really like Bismuth, she's probably my third favorite character right now (Amethyst being the first, and Peridot being the second). I really like characters who make puns! I agree with you completely, her motives were in the right place. If Rose just let Bismuth and the others use the Breaking Point, then maybe the war would've gone a lot more into their favor. For example, the other original Crystal Gems that Bismuth mentioned (for example, "Snowflake") could've been saved. I guess that maybe Bismuth was corrupted, so I guess that's why Rose bubbled her, but Rose could've told the other Crystal Gems, or at the very least, she could've told Pearl about it. But you know what I do want to know about? Why was Rose's sword and scabbard in Lion's mane in the first place? (I know Lion is pink and all, but still.) Why was Bismuth in Lion's mane instead of where bubbled gems usually go? Is it because Rose didn't want Pearl and Garnet to unbubble her? Perhaps the place didn't even exist?
question_rage_face.jpg
I think that Lion was meant for Steven to find.

Which would explain why her sword was in it, for him to discover.

And if we look at it in that light, then she left Bismuth for Steven to discover, so maybe she wanted to give her a second chance.

But I don't think she was corrputed. If she was, Pearl and Garnet would have noticed her personality change or something.

Yes, but why would Rose bubble Bismuth if Bismuth wasn't even corrupted in the first place? I mean, I know that Rose refused to use Breaking Point and all, but we don't really know if Bismuth reacted to that the same way she did with Steven. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose poofed Bismuth, though. Oh, and I think I may have a theory. Let's say that Bismuth was corrupted, and Rose bubbled her. Since Rose has healing powers, maybe she can create bubbles that can gradually heal gems? But that's just a theory, a LAME THEORY. THANKS FOR (reading) WATCHING!

Oh, and if Rose left Lion for Steven to find, she has some MAJOR skills. How did she know that Steven would eventually find a fluffy, pink lion in the desert? :panda:

Wait...
Maybe she has...
FUTURE VISION?!

Yes, but why would Rose bubble Bismuth if Bismuth wasn't even corrupted in the first place? I mean, I know that Rose refused to use Breaking Point and all, but we don't really know if Bismuth reacted to that the same way she did with Steven. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose poofed Bismuth, though. Oh, and I think I may have a theory. Let's say that Bismuth was corrupted, and Rose bubbled her. Since Rose has healing powers, maybe she can create bubbles that can gradually heal gems? But that's just a theory, a LAME THEORY. THANKS FOR (reading) WATCHING!

Oh, and if Rose left Lion for Steven to find, she has some MAJOR skills. How did she know that Steven would eventually find a fluffy, pink lion in the desert? :panda:

Wait...
Maybe she has...
FUTURE VISION?!

I think Lion is Pink Diamond.. Corrupted..

Lion looks a helofalot like Pink Diamond..

In the new episode, it was confirmed that Rose Quartz shattered Pink Diamond, so that cannot be the case.

In the new episode, it was confirmed that Rose Quartz shattered Pink Diamond, so that cannot be the case.

It wasn't confirmed..

And some light will be shed on the truth soon enough..

Yes it was, it was revealed that Rose Quartz shattered Pink Diamond, hence why Jasper wants to kill Steven so badly.

The reason I think Rose didn't say anything after bubbling her was because, well, think about how they would have reacted in knowing that one of their own wanted to murder other gems. Bismuth's intentions WERE in the right place, but were also not moral at all. Killing other gems would have put them on the same level as Homeworld. The Crystal Gems are meant to be better than that. Although Bismuth may have been passionate about ending the war, she was war crazed and that was one of the main reasons as to WHY Rose bubbled her in the first place. If she had told the rest of the Crystal Gems, they may have reacted badly to it. On top of that, if they knew she was bubbled, they would have freed her without knowing what Bismuth's intentions are and thus would have ended with Bismuth using her weapon on Homeworld gems. The Breaking Point was not moral and Rose cherished all life. And I understand Rose shattering Pink Diamond may be opposite of this fact, but she either unintentionally shattered her, or she did it thinking it was the right thing to do and then regretted it after the fact, feeling guilty. So Rose does not believe in taking another's life. Although it may seem like an unfair thing for Rose to bubble Bismuth and hide her away, it was not done out of ill intent, but simply to protect everyone. Even Bismuth, from her own war craze. I know Rose isn't perfect, but she seemed to have cared for everyone's well being and that is why she did what she did.

Last edited:
They said that Rose shattered Pink Diamond because the war wouldn't have ended in a good way (or something like that). It's for a good cause, I guess. I think? >~< ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They said that Rose shattered Pink Diamond because the war wouldn't have ended in a good way (or something like that). It's for a good cause, I guess. I think? >~< ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, the most recent episode, Garnet said she did what she had to do. So it might have definitely been intentional that Rose shattered her, but I feel she didn't WANT to. She HAD to, and that's the sad case.

Yeah, the most recent episode, Garnet said she did what she had to do. So it might have definitely been intentional that Rose chattered her, but I feel she didn't WANT to. She HAD to, and that's the sad case.
Didn't Pink Diamond start the whole war anyway? I think she manages the plans on Earth or something. Or at least, that's what I've heard. I'd like to know more about her, Rose, and Bismuth. They're all really interesting characters that can make Steven Universe a better story that it already is. Oh, and more fusions consisting of either Rose or Bismuth would be kinda cool.

Didn't Pink Diamond start the whole war anyway? I think she manages the plans on Earth or something. Or at least, that's what I've heard. I'd like to know more about her, Rose, and Bismuth. They're all really interesting characters that can make Steven Universe a better story that it already is. Oh, and more fusions consisting of either Rose or Bismuth would be kinda cool.

Well, I'm not really sure. I think it may have been the shattering of Pink Diamond that actually started the war. I saw a post on tumblr a few days ago about how one of the episodes had actually shown the first act of the rebellion. It isn't apparent at all unless you really pay attention to the episode though. Rose was talking to Pearl and telling her that if she wanted to leave, she could, but Pearl stayed with her. It seems implied that Rose was talking to Pearl about something bad she had done (shattering Pink Diamond?) and as a result she would never be able to return to Homeworld. Neither would Pearl. They'd face death if Homeworld learned of what Rose had done and eventually they do. But at the time of the shattering, I don't think anyone accept for Rose and Pearl would have known, maybe the other Crystal Gems.

They eplain it way better tbh.

http://theladymisandry.tumblr.com/post/148763077644/how-pink-diamond-was-shattered

Well, I'm not really sure. I think it may have been the shattering of Pink Diamond that actually started the war. I saw a post on tumblr a few days ago about how one of the episodes had actually shown the first act of the rebellion. It isn't apparent at all unless you really pay attention to the episode though. Rose was talking to Pearl and telling her that if she wanted to leave, she could, but Pearl stayed with her. It seems implied that Rose was talking to Pearl about something bad she had done (shattering Pink Diamond?) and as a result she would never be able to return to Homeworld. Neither would Pearl. They'd face death if Homeworld learned of what Rose had done and eventually they do. But at the time of the shattering, I don't think anyone accept for Rose and Pearl would have known, maybe the other Crystal Gems.

They eplain it way better tbh.

http://theladymisandry.tumblr.com/post/148763077644/how-pink-diamond-was-shattered
That's actually not a bad theory, I read it, and it sounds pretty good, but there are a few holes here and there, such as, "Wait, you can use an actual gemstone as a weapon?". But, yeah, I like that theory a lot, and it can be entirely possible. But, perhaps maybe Rose was just 'holding", shall we say, Pink Diamond's gem after PD got shattered, and she wasn't using it as a weapon against White Diamond? Though, it does look as if Rose and White Diamond are about to/are fighting.

That's actually not a bad theory, I read it, and it sounds pretty good, but there are a few holes here and there, such as, "Wait, you can use an actual gemstone as a weapon?". But, yeah, I like that theory a lot, and it can be entirely possible. But, perhaps maybe Rose was just 'holding", shall we say, Pink Diamond's gem after PD got shattered, and she wasn't using it as a weapon against White Diamond? Though, it does look as if Rose and White Diamond are about to/are fighting.

Well I think of it more like using it as a kind of shield or deflector rather than an actual weapon. I think this theory does hold strong though. I wonder what transpired after that though. So it's possible she simply attempted to block White Diamond's attack with Pink Diamond.

That could most definitely be the case, perhaps certain diamonds have more power than others? Of course maybe by authority, but I mean actual power here. Perhaps Pink Diamond is stronger than White Diamond, hence why Rose Quartz was able to defend herself using Pink Diamond's gem. Or maybe it was just something they threw together for the episode. Perhaps we'll find out soon?

That could most definitely be the case, perhaps certain diamonds have more power than others? Of course maybe by authority, but I mean actual power here. Perhaps Pink Diamond is stronger than White Diamond, hence why Rose Quartz was able to defend herself using Pink Diamond's gem. Or maybe it was just something they threw together for the episode. Perhaps we'll find out soon?
I do hope we can find out soon, I wanna know more about the Diamonds in general, other than the already known fact that they were/are apparently tyrannical. xD

I do hope we can find out soon, I wanna know more about the Diamonds in general, other than the already known fact that they were/are apparently tyrannical. xD
With that expression that Yellow Diamond made, I'm pretty sure they're tyrannical XD

With that expression that Yellow Diamond made, I'm pretty sure they're tyrannical XD

Well, Yellow Diamond certainly is yes. LOL

Well, Yellow Diamond certainly is yes. LOL
With what you said before, she would not be on the same level because she was actually doing something right. Eliminating the problems. Who cares if they kill things that are bad?

Back